Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:06:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334803 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  1up: GDC Liveblog on the Evolution of the RPG.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1up: GDC Liveblog on the Evolution of the RPG.  (Read 2598 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:15:37 PM »

Here.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:53:35 PM »

This is really excellent coverage. I'll have thoughts on some of the discussion questions and answers later, but for now, I'd just like to say: thanks for the link Eusis, and many thanks to 1up for being one of the last bastions of *excellent* gaming coverage on the net.

Ramza

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 12:18:12 AM »

I'm disappointed in the relative lack of Fable 2 overhype. :P

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:58:18 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
This is really excellent coverage. I'll have thoughts on some of the discussion questions and answers later, but for now, I'd just like to say: thanks for the link Eusis, and many thanks to 1up for being one of the last bastions of *excellent* gaming coverage on the net.

Ramza

Agreed. I love their podcasts. I listen to them each week. Good stuff.

I thought it was a nice discussion, but it was short. When they touched on modern day, reality-based RPGs, it got interesting, but then they ended the panel discussion afterwards.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 06:03:32 AM »

seems 1up is down keeps timing out for me maybee ill try again tomarrow.

edit:scratch that it loaded now. ill ammend my post after i read it :o

edit2:ok i thought it was stupid do these guys even play their own games? they seem kinda clueless. a real life rpg would be boring because it would be hard to keep the player entertained. you cant exactly fight bullys every 10 steps.i think some of the posters here have better ideas on how to make good rpg's than these guys.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 03:18:31 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
seems 1up is down keeps timing out for me maybee ill try again tomarrow.

edit:scratch that it loaded now. ill ammend my post after i read it :o

edit2:ok i thought it was stupid do these guys even play their own games? they seem kinda clueless. a real life rpg would be boring because it would be hard to keep the player entertained. you cant exactly fight bullys every 10 steps.i think some of the posters here have better ideas on how to make good rpg's than these guys.

What are you talking about? They were answering a question from the crowd about "Real Life RPGs", Molyneux commented how it would be more fun to be in a fictional situation, and Sakaguchi said he had an idea about an RPG that focuses on getting back with your girlfriend. I think you read a little bit too fast.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 04:27:38 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"

You really only seem to be thinking about the most traditional example possible. Even then though, depending on the theme and all it's perfectly possible to have random encounters still: Perhaps you're in an urban setting and have to fight off thugs or gang members that're out for you for whatever reason? This would have to be in certain zones of the city of course, so as to have typical free zones (unless they wanna go MegaTen on us), and some don't really make sense like while in a mall or near a school
Crown Clown

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 04:48:40 PM »

It bugged me a little that some of Sakaguchi's responses was lost in translation. Still an interesting read though.

I will find you. Without fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: