Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 03:17:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341179 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  I guess this would belong here...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I guess this would belong here...  (Read 2034 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2007, 10:16:07 PM »

I finally learned how to play the main part... note that during the beginning I was at the tail end of a conversation with a friend. :P

I took the "chorus" part and made it somewhat of an intro, then I play through the main part a few times, with an abrupt ending after I saw it was going long. :P

It's kinda sloppy, and the quality is shitty...but please, give me your input! :D

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:38:55 PM »

I think you should play and rerecord it again clean, without the distortion.  The distortion kills it for me.  It just doesn't sound right, like using death metal crunch on an R&B ballad.  

The FF prelude is light, airy, and subtle and as such, I think a clean guitar tone (perhaps with a chorus effect during the octaves) would sound much much better.  

The distortion gives it too much beef in the midrange and makes it sound kinda muddy.  For a song like this, you want to scoop out the mids and allow the shimmery, glassy highs to breathe.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 12:12:47 AM »

Thanks for the input! I was actually debating recording it sans distortion when I did this.

I'll have to do another! heh...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: