Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 01:52:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338028 Posts in 13841 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  I call for the destruction of Marvel Comics.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I call for the destruction of Marvel Comics.  (Read 1396 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2007, 03:35:17 PM »

THEY KILLED CAPTAIN FUCKING AMERICA

So, what non-mutants are left?  Iron Man, Spider Man, and the Fantastic Four?  Those are the only ones I can think of.

As if the Captain wasn't treated badly enough by the writers at the end of the Civil War.  Now they're just pissing on 60+ years of history.  I can't wait to hear the bullshit excuse they use to revive his ass.

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 03:51:36 PM »

Bullseye?

From what I hear, they may not bring him back for a while. I'd imagine they'll time his triumphant resurrection with the release of the Captain America movie.

Aelph

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 06:23:41 AM »

Actually, although I haven't read the issue yet, I don't believe the comic itself says categorically that he's dead...? (Anyway, he's coming back. But you knew that anyway. Will it be that he wasn't really dead, that he's a clone, or that someone has figured out how to resurrect him?)

I never liked Captain America. He was okay in Civil War, but otherwise... meh.

How long did the so-called "death" of Superman last? About a year? And even then, you had all those are-they-or-aren't-they ones running around...
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 04:45:08 AM »

Screw Marvel. It's DC all the way!  >_>

Seriously though, I hate it when they kill off an iconic comic character. I mean, you just know they're going to find some way to bring him back or something. 'Course, I'm not a fan of the Captain. I am, however, interested in WW Hulk. It sounds destructive. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Chimpbot

ChimpbotD piccolo141@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
THEY KILLED CAPTAIN FUCKING AMERICA

So, what non-mutants are left?  Iron Man, Spider Man, and the Fantastic Four?  Those are the only ones I can think of.

As if the Captain wasn't treated badly enough by the writers at the end of the Civil War.  Now they're just pissing on 60+ years of history.  I can't wait to hear the bullshit excuse they use to revive his ass.

There's plenty of non-mutants left...more than I care to list, really.
For starters, go look at the character line-up from Ultimate Alliance and ignore the four mutants. The rest, including the majority of the NPCs, are all alive and kicking in the 616 universe.

Besides, I don't see how his death is pissing on "60+ years of history", considering it's exactly what his character would do...a sniper fires a shot not at him, but at one of the guards leading him into the courthouse where he was to be put on trial; ol' Cap pushed the man aside and took the shot himself.

If anything, Tony Stark and Reed Richards were treated far more poorly than Captain America; those two were easily written to not act in-character for the entire duration of the Civil War. Sure, they "won"...but c'mon; their characters were run through the shredder by those writers. At least they stayed true to Captain America.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: