Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 04:04:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319192 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXI march update
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FFXI march update  (Read 1666 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2007, 05:55:13 AM »

anyone still playing?

I've been trying to keep up with the Aht Urhgan missions. Random solo exploring in most of the beastmen area = REALLY bad idea.

I like what they're doing with the game, mostly.

Ramza

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 12:55:50 PM »

Wow, it looks like they're changing the bottleneck that is ulli. I kept going for a bit afterwords, but after just ONE night of trying to get him and him never popping I'd say that's when I lost heart on the whole sky thing. Not even any gilsellers, just competing against another party(Who quite humorously left after wiping after they taunted us for bringing alliance to ulli) and eventually every got sick of waiting/needed sleep and we had to leave.

Looks like lots of other anti-gilseller stuff in their too. And they're encouraging solo/small groups. And I want to see these wyvern emotes.

It's just a shame that for so long their idea of updates was to time release expansion content for the expansion you bought 10 months ago and nothing else. If they had given a fuck BEFORE everyone canceled then maybe we wouldn't have all canceled.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 04:49:58 PM »

I myself still log on for limbus salvage and now these new missions.  But yeah I totally agree with what Raze said, good job, but took to long :(

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 05:43:08 AM »

Just finished the Aht Urhgan story-missions (only 8 added, most just cutscenes and stuff, only 2 fights).

The plot is really good. It's going to lead to a pretty ass-kicking climax. Overall, I think CoP had a better plot, but this plot is really working well too.

If only they made it ... even remotely challenging. These NM fights are jokes so far. I think they responded to players' complaints about CoP being too hard and in turn made AU too easy.

Ramza

Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 08:05:34 PM »

I quit FFXI due to rl business a week before the update, I wanted to kick myself in the balls when I read all the update notes a week after quitting lol. It was a pretty asskicking update, they did fix most stuff we, from the endgame community, have been asking.
If I had more playtime I would go and get up to date with the ToAU storyline again.
I'm just sad for a BRD friend of mine, he was just getting used to BRD/NIN tanking, purchased a ton of tank gear, then Mazurka got raped with the nerf stick. I expected it to happen sooner or later though :/
Dio

... I'm not Dead.

SummonerDio@msn.com Diobility Diobility
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 02:08:26 PM »

Quote from: "Raze"
It's just a shame that for so long their idea of updates was to time release expansion content for the expansion you bought 10 months ago and nothing else. If they had given a fuck BEFORE everyone canceled then maybe we wouldn't have all canceled.

I'm not surprised. Companies don't usually make any changes to anything they sell until they notice a drop in sales, so when SE noticed everyone started canceling, you bet they noticed why and started making changes. Hah! But yeah, too bad it was too late.

Infinite.Bit Radio
Dedicated station to actual video game and anime music from various soundtracks. No radio show podcasts or anything like that... Just pure 100% music. Old, new and remade tracks is what you'll hear from us.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: