Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 10:10:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329878 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Devil May Cry 4: Now slated for X360/PC as well
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Devil May Cry 4: Now slated for X360/PC as well  (Read 2837 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »

Japanese Capcom story.

Can't say I'm surprised. Of the big three 3rd party exclusive I could think of, MGS4, FFXIII, and DMC4, this looked like it'd be the most likely to go multiconsole.

Edit: English 1up story.

And if anyone wonders why I thought it was the most likely, 1. It probably wouldn't have taken up the monstrous amounts of space MGS4 and FFXII demanded, and 2. Capcom has had great success with their games on the X360 in the US, so it'd make sense to put it where an apparent Capcom fanbase exists.
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 05:42:45 AM »

I still think Sony is fucked. It's just going to be slow bleeding from here on out. I can just see Phil Harrison on the blogs tomorrow, spewing propaganda that even he might believe.
I have officially begun to lose my faith in the console. 360 isn't much better, since I really see a slew of crap I don't care about with the exception of three (WTF?) RPGs this year. It'll probably get traded in when I'm done.
And I don't consider the Wii to be in the same contest, either.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 05:49:15 AM »

It's easy to proclaim doom with the way it looks now, and there is a good chance Sony has already screwed themselves over, but systems like the DS seriously kicked off later in their life, and the SNES ultimately took over the lead the Genesis had. When enough quality games are out, we'll see whether everyone was just waiting for the good stuff to come along, or if it's going to take more than some great exclusives to get the system selling.

And hell, I think the X360 has the best lineup of this year. Unless the Wii has some surprises coming out of the woodwork before the end of the year, it'll just be the 3-5 really kick ass Nintendo titles.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 10:32:48 AM »

Well snap, 50% of my reason to buy a PS3 just vanished.  Now if Metal Gear would just jump over, I'd completely wash my hands of Sony. :P

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 07:16:06 PM »

This is great news.  Also, it appears that Ace Combat 6 is headed to the 360.  I've always been a fan of the series as well as DMC.  I had planned on getting a PS3 eventually but it seems that I may not have to. A lot of people of course are looking at MGS but i've never been a big fan.  FFXIII however is still high on my list so if that game ever jumps to the 360 i'll be laughing.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 08:08:05 PM »

While it's not one of the titles I was looking forward to most, it's one more title that Sony has lost as an exclusive, and that means a bit more of a reason for other titles to jump ship as well. I really don't want to have to shell out $600 to play MGS4 and FF13 (along with whatever future titles may be announced).
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 02:15:38 AM »

If we lived in a parallel universe where Sony was smart, they'd roll up to Konami and Square tomorrow and tell them to name their price. They can not afford to lose either of those games. Of course, I expect them both to be declared REJOICE!!! MULTIPLATFORM!!! in the next few weeks.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 01:20:19 PM »

DMC is on the 360 too? If FFXIII jumps, I won't need a ps3. :P

Will probably get one eventually though, because my brother refuses to renounce his Playstation ways.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 03:37:27 PM »

I'm going to put out completely a completely unlikely, rumor-ific speculation here and say SquareEnix Party 2007 in May will announce that FF13 is multiplatform. At least that's what I hope happens.

UPDATE: http://kotaku.com/gaming/ffxiii/rumour-ffxiii-exclusivity-up-in-the-air-246094.php
SCEE VP may have slipped up, or he may just be a silly frenchman. Hopefully he slipped up and FF13 is not going to be exclusive.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 01:45:22 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
Well snap, 50% of my reason to buy a PS3 just vanished.  Now if Metal Gear would just jump over, I'd completely wash my hands of Sony. :P

100% of mine.

Hell, I may just borrow a 360 off someone when DMC4 comes out :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 02:34:54 AM »

Quote from: "superflat"
UPDATE: http://kotaku.com/gaming/ffxiii/rumour-ffxiii-exclusivity-up-in-the-air-246094.php
SCEE VP may have slipped up, or he may just be a silly frenchman. Hopefully he slipped up and FF13 is not going to be exclusive.

Personally, I don't think Sony had to worry about FF being exclusive in the past. But the X360 is taking a lot of games/series that were exclusive, and Sony's probably talking with SE to throw some money at them as insurance, even if SE wasn't considering making FFXIII multiplatform. That's just my take though.

Personally? I'd love to see it. It'd be very interesting to see if it'll make the X360 take off in Japan, and just seeing the console wars really get mixed up.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: