Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332926 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Who liked Blood: The Last Vampire, then?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Who liked Blood: The Last Vampire, then?  (Read 1046 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2007, 06:09:11 PM »

Well, the reason I ask is because I've just discovered this! I'd not even heard rumours, but it appears that Blood+ is indeed a worthy successor to the original.

It may not look as flashy (they've ditched the cool blend of CG that gave the movie its unique, almost watercolour-esque look), but the animation is still sharp. Having managed to catch the first two episodes so far it's panning out quite nicely, and although they've abandoned the 'feel' of the visuals, the violence most definitely remains!

Anyway, give it a go. I'm enjoying it, and it couldn't have come sooner, either. I was looking for a new series to follow! The Batman and Legion of Superheroes are both finishing in the next few weeks... :(

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 06:11:42 PM »

I'm watching it on Adult Swim, never saw the original Blood (though I meant to rent it at some point). I like it more than Trinity Blood at least.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 07:24:55 PM »

Blood: the Last Vampire was alright, and I watched about 10 episodes of Blood+ back in '05 and I was disappointed...since I wanted to watch it pretty badly...
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:59:10 AM »

I've watched both the movie and all of Blood+. While the movie was decent, I was hoping the TV series would build upon continuing explaining this character and her universe.

Mildly spoilerish:
Code:
The TV series started off with an interesting premise, but it gets lost in a sea of half-developed characters and a plot that was meant more for a 26 episode run instead of a 50. There were too many characters that really didn't need to be there, but I guess they were trying to give Blood+ a more epic feel this way. I wanted the strong Saya I saw from the movie, not the milktoast version that didn't find her spine until more than halfway through and even then was still a pale version of her movie counterpart. I understand giving her 'humanity', but it tend to drag down a story that was already bogged down with globetrotting and Kai and Riku. Otherwise, a great premise that wasn't properly handled to make it as great as it could've been.

Otherwise, the only thing that tends to stick is the fabulous music and both the 2nd and 3rd openings.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: