Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:04:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334784 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  a feature all future rpg's should have is.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: a feature all future rpg's should have is.....  (Read 8048 times)
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2007, 04:51:42 PM »

I think DDS could have done with multiple costumes, so you could change the characters out of their emo grey jumpsuits - they could have used some actual colour when designing characters. Alternate costumes could have stat bonuses/penalties attached to them so that theres actually a point to using them. And i'm not talking about DQ 8, where Jessica's defense is inversely proportional to the amount of clothes she is wearing (lol)...

Multiple battle themes are great in Megaten games. Nocturne has at least 8 different tunes depenfing on where you fight battles - dungeons, towns, auto battles, bosses and labyrinth of amala all have their own battle tunes. And all the battle themes in DDS are kickass.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 02:25:39 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
And i'm not talking about DQ 8, where Jessica's defense is inversely proportional to the amount of clothes she is wearing (lol)...

Man, that could have been so bad... but I'll admit, I thought it was funny as hell. But at least they made her look elegant, unlike Shion in a bathing suit, which just looked dirty and slutty.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2007, 01:12:38 AM »

if you like multiple battle themes SRT:OG1 and OG2 have lots

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 01:15:52 AM »

Most strategy games do from my experience. When each battle takes as much time as it does and is that central to the game, you can't go with simply one theme. Regular RPGs need some variation way more: I recall SuikIII had a good variety, but that was one of the weakest Suikodens aurally.
DaughterOfChaos

galaxis1592
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 03:02:25 PM »

Well, I don't know if anyone remembers Evergrace and Forever Kingdom, but they both had visible armor.  That is something I'd like to see!  When you buy armor, accessories, and weapons have them be seen!  I'm sick of seeing the same default character sprite when I upgrade my gear!

"But you told me I was special!"  ~ Seed, Rogue Galaxy
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 07:30:58 PM »

Quote from: "DaughterOfChaos"
Well, I don't know if anyone remembers Evergrace and Forever Kingdom, but they both had visible armor.  That is something I'd like to see!  When you buy armor, accessories, and weapons have them be seen!  I'm sick of seeing the same default character sprite when I upgrade my gear!

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm liking about Radiata Stories.  Jack's various suits of armor look completely different from one another.  I honestly don't know why more RPGs don't do this; God knows you could start using a little more variety after you hit the 40+ hour mark.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2007, 02:51:29 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm liking about Radiata Stories.  Jack's various suits of armor look completely different from one another.  I honestly don't know why more RPGs don't do this; God knows you could start using a little more variety after you hit the 40+ hour mark.

My guess is that up until this gen, most games/consoles simply didn't have the power to do it. Alot more games seem to be doing it in the past few years (Suiko V and FF 12 off the top of my head). I think we're going to start seeing more of these touches on the 360/Wii/PS3

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2007, 04:16:16 PM »

That's what I'm hoping will happen with the games on the new consoles.  If I'm going to shell out $600 I better see different outfits.

As for Radiata Stories, the outfits were my favorite part of the game.  I kinda took it too far and would want to match my weapon with my outfit.  I'd even use a less powerful weapon if the more powerful one clashed with Jack's attire.  Yeah, I'm a girl.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: