Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 06:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Battlestar Galactica
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 2184 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2006, 03:09:21 PM »

So this is my new favorite show on TV now (not like I really watch that much of it anymore, since Joss is now pretty much out of the TV biz.).

Its characters are....awesome. One of the main characters (formerly a male character in the crappy 70s rendition) is the coolest cigar smokin, booze drinkin, Viper Pilots in the show...and she's kinda hot too!

In my obsession I stumbled across this....and in this blog post the original actor for "Starbuck" gets a little whiney.

http://www.jasonbennion.com/archives/000380.html

Read on and laugh your ass off at 30 year old bitterness.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 07:28:43 PM »

Ah yes the new Battlestar Galactica is frickin awesome! And you're absolutely correct that Starbuck is the awesome and kinda sexy too.
This show has so many awesome characters, sexy cylons and a great story.
Can't wait for season 3... too bad we have to wait till Oct.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 01:59:54 AM »

Methinks Face is a little bitter over not being involved in anything worthwhile since he last teamed up with B.A., Hannibal, and Murdock. :P

James8BitStar

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 12:43:29 AM »

Hey hey hey!  No insulta the original Starbuck!

I can't say I agree with everything he says (mostly because I have yet to watch the new Battlestar Galactica), but I would figure he knows what he's talking about.  I've seen one too many bad revivals myself... to the point where I don't want to see any more.  Especially when "that crappy 70s version" was one of my favorite shows.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 12:46:11 AM »

Quote from: "James8BitStar"

Why? He's a bitter douche bag who thinks that everything in modern television is OMG LYBERALLL BUSHITT!

New Battlestar = HOLY SHIT it's NOT just about badly done space battles. Story is badass.
Old Battlestar = HOLY SHIT it's ALL about badly done space battles. Story is non existant!

And I have seen the original (watched it on SciFi just before the Miniseries aired a couple years back) and I have to say....it was terrible even for the 70s.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
James8BitStar

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 01:16:02 AM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"
Quote from: "James8BitStar"
New Battlestar = HOLY SHIT it's NOT just about badly done space battles. Story is badass.
Old Battlestar = HOLY SHIT it's ALL about badly done space battles. Story is non existant!

You were not watching the same Battlestar Galactica I was  There were hardly any space battles in the original and it had a very tight plot.

From the previews, I already have seen trends I dislike in revivals and most modern shows in general.  Including some things Dirk Benedict mentioned in his article (which was very well-done and hardly came off to me as the rantings of a bitter man).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: