Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:14:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Infinite Undiscovery
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Infinite Undiscovery  (Read 1536 times)
Tria
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 31, 2007, 11:03:28 PM »

I know about probably 0% of the people here care about tri-Ace's next game, but I do!  They haven't said a whole lot about the game, other than a few tidbits and that it's going to be a true evolution for action RPGs.

Gotanda stated that he had been planning to make a game like this for over 10 years now, and that he and other people have put a lot into the pre-development stages of the game.  They also haven't ever been this positive about a game they have been developing, and to me, and lots of other people, there other games have been fantastic.

But my question to you is, do you think that tri-Ace will deliver their promise?  Do you think they can go a game without having some sort of noticable glitch? xP

Currently Playing (Console) - Star Ocean: The Second Story, Rogue Galaxy, Oblivion (PS3), Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (PS3)

Currently Playing (Handheld) - Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man ZX

Currenty Playing (PC) - Nothing...Ever
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 11:10:33 PM »

While most people here abhorred SO3's story, a lot of us still like to play their games and some of us (such as myself) just disregard the story and accept the fact the games are just plain fun: I expect the same with Infinite Undiscovery, and the scenary pictures promise a good setting anyway. Plus it's nice to have a good, varied selection of RPGs on the Xbox, and not simply JRPGs.
Tria
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 11:47:36 PM »

I actually play the tri-Ace games for their stories.  The stories aren't that great themselves (except Valkyrie Profile 2's), but they are always presented excellently, in my opinion.  And because of that, they are able to keep me interested until the end.

I hope Infinite Undiscovery has more of the same I have come to expect from tri-Ace.  Which is pretty much quality development in every category.  And I hope the game has a battle system where you don't have to go to another screen to fight.  I'd much prefer a Zelda-esque battle system this time around.

Currently Playing (Console) - Star Ocean: The Second Story, Rogue Galaxy, Oblivion (PS3), Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (PS3)

Currently Playing (Handheld) - Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man ZX

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 12:36:36 AM »

I didn't keep up on recent tri-Ace titles, but I have an extreme love for The Second Story. That said, I like any news on any tri-Ace games. :)

I think they can do it, especially with the muscle of S-E behind them. Let's just see if they do hold out with their promise this time around...

Ramza

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 12:39:28 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
I think they can do it, especially with the muscle of Microsoft behind them. Let's just see if they do hold out with their promise this time around...

Errr, fixed. Yeah, I'm pretty sure SE isn't involved with this one at all.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 01:17:57 AM »

Running through a TV to the fourth dimension is not a good presentation.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 02:43:48 AM »

I've always had a soft spot for Tri-Ace stories.  Though they were never particularily excellent, there some weird draw to them, some sort of majest.  Idunno.

Anwyays.  Good to see a X360 RPG, and I won't lie, this helps with my "PS3 or X360?" decision a bit easier.
I love Tri-Ace.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 03:37:20 AM »

i play rpg's for the battle systems so if thats good i may be interested,but im a little skeptical since VP2 failed to keep me interested as long as VP1. i however i think that may have a lot to do with the amount of reused soul crushes. plus Hrist(my favorite valkyrie) + Gunguir = massive ownage.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tria
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 08:39:05 AM »

Yeah, Microsoft is the ones backing this time around.  But considering that Microsoft is richer than SE, and they are pretty much letting tri-Ace do anything, I have a feeling Infinite Undiscovery will be better than their previous games.

The thing that interested me most about this game is when Gotanda stated in an interview that "You'll be able to scout the area from long distances, and decide whether or not you wish to fight."  So it sounds like stealth will be part of the game, and the whole scouting thing sounds a lot of fun.  Lets just hope the game will be difficult enough so that you'll actually have to think hard before you go in.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: