Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319227 Posts in 13034 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Super Robot Taisen OG2 ROCKS!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Super Robot Taisen OG2 ROCKS!  (Read 1587 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2007, 04:42:00 AM »

ever since i put this game into my gameboy player i cant stop playing. i keep telling myself i'll stop after this mission but then something awesome happens and i keep playing. i find the story actually quite interesting too. plus im sure to be playing through this game a second time due to the branching paths the follow different characters.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 01:22:00 AM »

i cant believe im the only one that thinks this game is made of win. seriously even OG1 destroys fire emblems for one of my favorite SRPG's of all time. and barring a disaster OG2 will probally dethrone the original valkyrie profile as one of my favorite rpgs ever. maybee it will get more attention if the ps2 OG gets released here. i guess im just a sucker for 2 sexiness.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 01:39:20 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/srt-og2/index.html

I really think it's made of win too. Let the super-duper-ranty review speak for itself :P

I want OGS!

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 02:12:13 AM »

i want OGS too! i saw a video on youtube from the end of a japaneese commercial and it looks amazing i just dont want to imagine some of that dialauge being spoken XD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntxB5sVe1h0

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 03:34:09 AM »

Alisha,

You are definitely NOT the only person who thinks OG2 is made of win. Gamespot gave it like, handheld RPG of 2006 or something...

And, of course, our two reviews here at RPGFan say many happy things about the game.

One thing's for sure, it's one of the hardest SRT games made, which is part of what makes it so awesome. I highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you can get it for a clearance-ish price.

Ramza

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 03:56:51 AM »

Gamespot actually named OG1 GBA game of the year despite OG2 being the better game. Ah well.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 08:17:02 PM »

You know, this game didn't sound all that interesting to me. I love turn-based strategy games a lot, however, I'm not really the biggest the fan of strategy/RPGs (in the style of Fire Emblem or Shining Force at least). Regardless, the way people talk up this game I think I might pick up a copy. That, and I love the GBA.

Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 12:12:54 PM »

I absolutely love SRW.  I actually bought my first mod device for my old PS1 to import SRW Alpha etc and bought my Japanese PS2 to both play Xenosaga Episode 1 early and to be able to import all the main SRW games.  Having all my favorite anime mechs in a strategy RPG was my initial draw to the series but the original characters.mechs introduced in those games like the Cybuster have made the original character just as cool and often interesting.

OG1 and 2, which I haven't had the chance to finish yet are two of the only games that repeatedly pull me back to my old GBA SP and it's great finally having SRW in English.  I can't even put into words how much I'd like to see Atlus bring OGS for the PS2 over once it comes out...it looks freaking incredible and those re-done attack sequences, talk about getting everything out of the PS2.  It looks like so much fun.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: