Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 12:36:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334400 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Pseudo topic revival: Looking back at anticipated games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Pseudo topic revival: Looking back at anticipated games  (Read 3665 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 07:04:18 PM »

Personally, I'm slightly cautious about Persona 3. Ash fucking loves it, but random dungeons make me cringe, and the idea of spending all my dungeon crawling in the same dungeon, with AI controlled partners makes me a bit worried. Still, I'll gladly gobble it up.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 08:15:07 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Personally, I'm slightly cautious about Persona 3.

No pun intended. ...maybe. =)

Im looking forward to Persona 3 for everything but combat and dungeons.  I've always wanted to play a game that was set in a high-school environment, twisted, sadistic, and with weird being coming out of people, robots and pets. =D
Also because the music and artist is fucking boss.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 05:00:12 AM »

I said Shadow Hearts: From the New World, Disgaea 2,  Atelier Iris 2, and SMT: Devil Summoner.

SH:FNW - This was one of my most anticipated games for a reason, and I'm definately glad it didn't disappoint. It wasn't able to tople Covenant's spot for the best in the series, but after giving the first Shadow Hearts a playthrough, FNW definately earns a solid second place.

Disgaea 2 - Loved the first one, and definately loved the second, and while I did enjoy the first installment more (thanks to the cast), I poured more hours into this one that pretty much any other game in recent memory (aside from the massive Dragon Quest VIII and Final Fantasy XII), so that has to mean something.

Atelier Iris 2 - Not really sure why I put this on my list, to be honest with you. This wasn't too high on my radar at all. :P

Devil Summoner - I had fun with it. Probably my least favorite of the SMT games that I've played, but the setting and characters were so spot on that I couldn't help but dig it.

As for my updated list, I can't wait for Persona 3, which I've already pre-ordered. I'm also keeping my eye out for Wild Arms 5, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, White Knight Story, and Odin Sphere.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 07:39:07 PM »

Man, what *was* I looking forward to this year?  I know I was looking forward to Hotel Dusk, which turned out to be quite good.  

This year, I'm so happy that after KID declared bankruptcy in December, CyberFront bought them out and this means that Memories Off #5 and 12Riven are back in development.  

Since Infinity (the KID visual novel series that includes Never7, Ever17, and Remember11) is my favorite video game series, I'm happy to hear KID's back and even if Hirameki doesn't localize 12Riven, I'll still buy the import as a collector.  

So I'm looking forward to 12Riven.  And I believe at the end of this month, FF12: Revenant Wings comes out for DS in Japan.  I wonder if a US version will hit this year.  

Oh, and if Hirameki releases anything else this year, I'm by default anticipating that.  I'm such a Hirameki love slave it's not even funny.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
So I'm looking forward to 12Riven.  And I believe at the end of this month, FF12: Revenant Wings comes out for DS in Japan.  I wonder if a US version will hit this year.

End of this month, eh? Then I think it's basically guaranteed: FFXII came out in, what? June last year? Then the US version hit on Halloween. I doubt a portable title will be half as grand of a feat to localize, so it'd probably hit this year. Only reason it wouldn't is if they're trying to space out releases or something; depending on when DQIX... Oh hell it'd probably be DQIX that'd be delayed.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: