Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 01:08:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330203 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  GaGaGame Journal #5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: GaGaGame Journal #5  (Read 54913 times)
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 09:43:54 PM »

Hmm... Haven't been been playing a whole hell of a lot of games, really. Picked up God of War, finally, two weeks back, and I finished it last weekend. Since then, I've beaten the Challenge of the Gods extra, and have been playing around with the new costumes a bit. Infinite magic is amazing, the cow suit is amusing, and it's nice having four times experience, but it just seems... wrong, having Kratos in a business suit. Maybe it's the briefcases.

Aside from that, I'm having problems picking what to play from my backlog. I put in Dragon Quest VIII, Suikoden V, and Tales of the Abyss in today, but couldn't do much in any of them, though I did finish up the ruins I was in and get to Doa Pass in Tales. Speaking of Tales, I have an urge to replay Symphonia. Again.

Also put in Disgaea 2. Think I might finish it up, now. Did a few chapters, and will likely go back to it again after I post this. I like the game, but I keep thinking, "God damn, I want Laharl!", and I don't think that's the best way to go about enjoying it.

So... Any suggestions for what I can pick up that will hold my interest? (On PS2, GC, maybe even PC?) I'm already sold on God of War II, and I'm waiting for a chance to snap up a Wii, but I need something else...
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 06:41:33 PM »

Finished Indigo Prophecy in 10 hours or so.

I loved it until about the last 1/4. Everything just became so rushed. The story had a ton of promise, but the way it ended was a let down, to say the least.

[/url]
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 07:45:41 PM »

Flying through FFTA. Might finish it by Tuesday....
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 03:33:46 PM »

Beat some Rank V marks in FF 12! And I got Addrammelech, too. As far as progress is concerned:
Code:
some of the way through the Stilshrine of Miriam.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 04:31:42 PM »

Beat Gurumin witht he bad ending in about 15 hours, was good and quite easy, but so funny. Now  I just started tales of abyss finally xd

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 05:45:06 PM »

Beat FFTA a few hours ago and finally started playing FF VI Advance, which I bought two months ago...
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 06:27:48 PM »

Finished Hotel Dusk. Awesome, awesome game. If only it were longer and the ending more satisfying. That doesn't stop it from being my favorite game on the DS though.

I demand a sequel.

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Finished Hotel Dusk. Awesome, awesome game. If only it were longer and the ending more satisfying. That doesn't stop it from being my favorite game on the DS though.

I didn't think that the game even got all that exciting until the last chapter. The ending bits were what I liked the best. To each his own I suppose.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 08:40:17 PM »

I really liked the overall style of it, but the story definitely was at it's strongest at the end. Of course, that's kinda when you're discovering all the mysteries and secrets
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 10:36:45 PM »

Beat Rogue Galaxy and did the pirate ship that was available after finishing the game.  It goes to show exercising throughout your lifetime is very important.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 10:38:41 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
Beat Rogue Galaxy and did the pirate ship that was available after finishing the game.  It goes to show exercising throughout your lifetime is very important.

... What?
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 10:40:04 PM »

You didn't play the game I'm guessing.  Just go to the ghost pirate ship and complete it after you beat the game and you'll get what I'm talking about.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2007, 10:41:33 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
You didn't play the game I'm guessing.  Just go to the ghost pirate ship and complete it after you beat the game and you'll get what I'm talking about.

I figured I would. But this reminds me of a part from one of Lewis Black's stand up acts, "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college".
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 11:31:57 PM »

Quote from: "Willy Elektrix"
Quote from: "Leyviur"

I didn't think that the game even got all that exciting until the last chapter. The ending bits were what I liked the best. To each his own I suppose.

The thing about games/novels like Hotel Dusk, the buildup is just as exciting, if not moreso, than the ending, because you're given all these small clues and subtle hints to piece together the entire story and you're sitting there wondering how it all fits together. Eventually you start making guesses and have hunches about how the story will go and you keep playing/reading to see if the story does play out like you thought, or if it goes another way entirely. It gets my juices flowing.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 12:28:12 AM »

You forgot to mention that it doesn't ask you to play with cats and collect capsule toys. :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: