Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 01:56:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331652 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  GaGaGame Journal #5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: GaGaGame Journal #5  (Read 55064 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2007, 07:03:27 AM »

32 pages was quite enough, so it's time to start over.

I'm currently replaying Shining Force 3. Just started the Second Scenario disc. Much fun. Also trying to hunt down the PSX RPG for Return of the Condor Heroes. Wanna play that /sooo/ bad, even if it's in Chinese.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »

I got over my heartbreak from the black-out-after-last-boss thingy and defeated the colossus again to get the ending for SoTC.

It wasn't what I expected, but I enjoyed it. <3

FFXII:- Levelling up the female characters because the guys are waaaay ahead of them and I just don't like it when that happens. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 07:24:25 PM »

Man, who else thinks a Ga-ga-ga-ga-ga GAOGAIGAR RPG would be awesome? erm-- that's a bit off-topic

Anyway, after floundering around a bunch of different games, I've finally settled on Ar tonelico. Beat the first chapter and really enjoying the second one. The dungeons are a bit boring, but the art and the Cosmosphere more than make up for it. The music alone is worth the purchase.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 08:49:26 PM »

Just played FFTA for a few hours...
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 10:08:37 AM »

FFXII - I am now in Draklor Laboratory. Clock is around 77 hours. Characters are all lvl 37. While I am still enjoying it, I hope it doesn't go on TOO much longer. Then again, I still want to go back and do more of the hunts, which I have been lax on.
I don't get the whole "chops" business. Maybe if they were "chops" as in "pork chops" I could slather them in BBQ and have a tasty meal. Otherwise, it just feels like tacked on nonsense. As if the game wasn't long enough already.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 11:22:01 AM »

FF XII - got a bit further in the story, and found where Adrammalech is. He/it beat the crap out of me. Makes the Earth Tyrant look easy... I still haven't beat him either.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 01:16:43 PM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"
FFXII - I am now in Draklor Laboratory. Clock is around 77 hours. Characters are all lvl 37. While I am still enjoying it, I hope it doesn't go on TOO much longer.

Judging by your pace so far, and even taking into account hunting a couple of marks, I'd say you're looking at seeing the end somewhere around the 90-95 hour mark.  Have fun with that. :P

EDIT:  Oh wait, you're not as far along as I remembered at first.  Add another 10-15 hours to that estimate. :P

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 10:28:11 PM »

I went back to FF3 and Hotel Dusk while I was visiting some colleges. And more Stalker (which is so good) and Guitar Hero 2. I figure I'll finish Stalker this weekend, putting me in a good spot for PC gaming. Maybe I'll get to finish Bully as well.
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 10:48:54 PM »

Beat Phantasy Star I on the GBA collection. I had all the best equipment for each character and they were of a decent level so Dark Falz (while challenging) went down relatively easily.
Next up, the hardcore romp provided in the sequel.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 12:09:34 AM »

Bought and started playing Wild ARMs 4. It's been so long since I played a WA game, it's actually turning out quite wonderful. So much <3 for Raquel.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 12:10:08 AM »

Quote from: "Alexander"
Beat Phantasy Star I on the GBA collection. I had all the best equipment for each character and they were of a decent level so Dark Falz (while challenging) went down relatively easily.
Next up, the hardcore romp provided in the sequel.

I beat all three of the original Phantasy Star games on GBA. It was an epic, attention-span challenging quest (particularly the latter half of Phantasy Star 2), but ultimately satisfying. Sega ought to mail everyone who beat that cartridge a badass collectible badge or something...

...or even better, A PHANTASY STAR BASEBALL CAP!
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 01:10:33 PM »

Killed the Earth Tyrant (finally), so now I'm getting on with actually finishing the game. Play time: 32 hours.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »

Around 10-11 hours on God of War II now. Just recently saw a cool cut-scene about the Titan war and crossed the great Chasm. I suspect that there isn't much more left to the game...maybe another 5 hours or so.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 07:15:28 PM »

About five or six hours into Indigo Prophecy. Crazy game. I like it a lot, minus the controls, which are a little too tankish. Right now I just
Code:
broke into an ex-girlfriend's house to hide from the cops.
It's shaping up to be pretty short, but I can see myself playing through a couple more times given all the different paths you can take.

[/url]
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 08:51:46 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
About five or six hours into Indigo Prophecy. Crazy game. I like it a lot, minus the controls, which are a little too tankish. Right now I just
Code:
broke into an ex-girlfriend's house to hide from the cops.
It's shaping up to be pretty short, but I can see myself playing through a couple more times given all the different paths you can take.

I really liked IP. The story disappointed me though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: