Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 02:46:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327544 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  GaGaGame Journal #5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: GaGaGame Journal #5  (Read 54391 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2007, 11:17:28 AM »

Been playing some more Final Fantasy VI Advance...so far it has been pretty fun.

Code:
Just got Gau on Sabin's quest...
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2007, 01:10:58 PM »

So, Radiata Stories isn't bad at all.  I'm about 20 or so hours into it, right after The Big Choice, and it's been a blast so far.  Sure, it's simple.  Sure, it's a bit silly.  Sure, it's got little to no plot.  It's fun enough though, and I dig this mixture of Star Ocean and Suikoden.  I don't know if I'd feel the same if I had payed a full $50 for it, but I've already gotten twenty bucks worth of enjoyment out of it, so it's all good. :P

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2007, 08:18:44 PM »

I've been playing Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou Vs. The Soulless Army every once in a while.  It's a good game, but I dunno.  I'm not really digging the battles.  They're fun, but capturing demons is a pain and you can't talk to them.  The plot also seems to be sillier than your average MegaTen game and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  

That's always been my favorite part of Megami Tensei: being able to have conversations with the demons you're up against.  It seems MegaTen's moving away from that.  Nocturne had limited demon chit chat (fantastic game, though.)  DDS didn't let you talk to demons at all (still fantastic games, though.)  And the demon interactions in Devil Children were an absolute joke (and the games weren't that great either.)  

Someone please tell me that Persona 3 will allow me to have decent conversations with demons.  

I don't know.  I'm probably some head-up-the-ass nostalgia douchebag, but to me, it just ain't quite MegaTen if I can't converse with demons.

I approve of this nonsense!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2007, 08:29:19 PM »

All interaction in Persona 3 is human. Demons just say some stuff when you fuse new ones into existence.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2007, 08:36:54 PM »

Oh poo.  I wanna talk to demons, dammit.

I approve of this nonsense!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2007, 08:52:31 AM »

Finally played some Baten Kaitos after a month of not playing it. I'm still level-grinding a bit in the game to get my weaker characters caught up to my stronger ones...

Code:
And I had to do a lame fetch quest, where I had to get some stupid snow so some kid can sculpt some statue weapons, so I can ride a damn dragon off Wazn....

Also played some more FF VI Advance a bit,
Code:
beating Kefka in Narshe. I love Cyan's Bushido....all I really used on his ass...plus Sabin's Blitz skills...
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2007, 10:15:10 AM »

Beats Tales of the Abyss.

I thought very little of the game  at first, but it really grew on me for its plot, side quests, and batle system (graphics were a real let down for Namco's calibur, and for a music-inspired storyline the music was pretty shitty).

I decided to skip nearly half of the sidequests though, since there is way more available on the 2nd play-through (thank god for higher difficulties).

I've been feeling more Tales games...

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2007, 10:38:08 PM »

I was playing Baten Kaitos for nearly two hours.....

Code:
Ok, so I'm level 40, about 5-10 levels higher than I was after fighting a string of 5 bosses in order to get everyone in the party back, except Kalas, of course. So after I got everyone to level 40, I went to Mintaka, and then to the Imperial Fortress. Went through there and had to fight Fadroh, a queer-looking bitch. He kicked my ass the first time, but I tried again right after and beat the shit out of him. Then I keep going through the Imperial Fortress and I have to fight Kalas. The fucker has 9000 HP and kept on attacking twice in a row. So after 20 mins of fighting, with two characters dead, including my main healer, I was just stuck with Savyna, whom I have very little healing items on her, and I said "fuck this shit" and got on the computer....

So I'll probably have to do another level-grinding session in BK....
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2007, 11:53:41 PM »

Got Mother 3 and Jump Superstars yesterday. About 2 hours into Mother 3, and the story presentation may be better than most games on modern consoles.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2007, 12:18:22 AM »

I thought I posted in here about SPM and forgot, but it's just that no one's had anything to add for 24 hours.

Got BOTH Warioware and SPM today. Warioware was on sale at Amazon during the weekend for 38 dollars, and I hoped it'd be awesome enough to warrant the price. It is... And I also beat it. So did my brother in fact. :P

Seems I still have minigames to unlock though (I never saw that OoT one), and if nothing else it's a fun multiplayer game. As for SPM, up to 1-4. I like it, but I'm not in love with it like I hoped I'd be, but it seems about on par with the other Paper Mario games.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »

Super Robot Wars W - Undoubtedly the most hilarious battle ever to appear in any game:
Code:
Mazinger Z's villain attacks Jindai High Shcool (Full Metal Panic) and gets obliterated by a team of Bonta-Kuns. After screaming "CURSE YOU BONTA KUN" he brings in reinforcements, after which Voltron and GaoGaiGar arrive on the scene and slap him around some more with BLAZING SWORD and HELL AND HEAVEN.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2007, 02:41:38 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Super Robot Wars W - Undoubtedly the most hilarious battle ever to appear in any game:
Code:
Mazinger Z's villain attacks Jindai High Shcool (Full Metal Panic) and gets obliterated by a team of Bonta-Kuns. After screaming "CURSE YOU BONTA KUN" he brings in reinforcements, after which Voltron and GaoGaiGar arrive on the scene and slap him around some more.

That scene was made of total win. I should go play it again. Stopped after mission 17.

Been playing Super Paper Mario and Popolocrois. Got to chapter 2 on both games. Good games in their own right.

Finally picked up Super Robot Wars: Alpha 3 again. Got to stage 44 in Touma's path and a lot of goodies, but got a bit too wreckless.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 08:51:11 AM »

Broke down and bought a Xbox360 today, so am now playing some Oblivion (even though I played the hell out of that game on the PC). Currently still in the first dungeon, which as always is dull as hell. Wish I could skip the damn tutorial section.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2007, 12:18:29 PM »

TotA -  Loving it so far, even had dreams last night where I had to hit the select button to have conversations with my friends.  I guess I've been playing too much.  Anyways, I'm trying to do as many sidequests before I
Code:
head off into the core.
 There are a lot of missable sidequests but thankfully I don't have OCD and can live with missing some.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »

Well, I beat Radiata Stories just now.  Try as I might, I can't think of anything I've played lately that has a lamer ending than that shit.  Hell, I'm not even sure I want to do the non-human branch if the ending is as bad as the one I just saw.

But that'll be for another time anyway...because I'm playing through Oblivion again. :P  Now that I have a kickass video card, I can play it how it was meant to be played.  It's literally a whole different experience now that it looks so nice...and now that I can see more than five feet in front of me. :P

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: