Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 10:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319283 Posts in 13036 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  GaGaGame Journal #5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: GaGaGame Journal #5  (Read 53872 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
I'm attempting to find The Whirlpool in Okami right now...and not having much luck.  I'm starting to think that it has nothing to do with that damned whale at all and something to do with the catwalk technique. Time will tell I guess. I haven't used any kind of walkthrough crap for this game and i'm not about to start now.

It has nothing to do with the whale, and has something to do with the catwalk technique.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2007, 09:30:04 PM »

I'm attempting to find The Whirlpool in Okami right now...and not having much luck. I'm starting to think that it has nothing to do with that damned whale at all and something to do with the catwalk technique. Time will tell I guess. I haven't used any kind of walkthrough crap for this game and i'm not about to start now.

It has nothing to do with the whale, and has something to do with the catwalk technique.

Not trying to put words in his mouth or anything, but if he didn't wanna read an FAQ or walkthrough, what in God's name made you think he wanted to hear it from you?

Anyway, all I've really been playing is Pokemon Diamond. Started with Chimchar, have three badges, and managed to get a hold of a female Piplup on the GTS. Since then, I've been a breeding machine, and have also aquired a female Turtwig. Am in the process of aquiring a female Chimchar, whilst training my newly rebuilt party before continuing onwards.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2007, 10:18:26 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Neal: Apparently there's some sort of game-stopping bug the second way through the tower.  I'm none too happy, either.

Well that really sucks.  I'm on the 9th floor doing the SNK path (I have no real interest in the Capcom cards.  SNK characters are more interesting.  I wish I could completely eradicate any Capcom card in my collection.) and no bug yet, thank goodness.

I approve of this nonsense!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2007, 10:27:56 PM »

It's in the New Game + feature; I'm not even close to finishing my first game, but all 8 people on the GameFAQs board for it are CRAZY MAD.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2007, 10:59:25 PM »

Oh, I got confused when you said 2nd way through.  I thought you were referring to the Capcom path since I mentioned I was on the SNK path.  

Don't I feel dense not even thinking new game plus.  I guess I won't be playing new game plus then... but after 22 floors of card battling, I probably wouldn't want to.  

In any case, my Rimoruru card has gotten me out of more tight spots than I can count.  She's definitely my favorite card.  My Momoko card is my "bimbo" card.  Looks hot, but not the most useful.

I approve of this nonsense!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »

Man, it's a shame that a game as fun as F.E.A.R. got the worst expansion since fucking Diablo:  Hellfire.  It's like the fools that designed it sat around and said "Hey, let's take F.E.A.R., make the game engine unstable, and give the enemies the same A.I. as those pink bulls from Doom".  Talk about a fucking letdown, and the anticlimatic end sequence did nothing to help.

Trapt, on the other hand, kicks ass.  Stupid character designs aside (I think a princess could afford an outfit that covers both tits), it's great fun, very reminiscent of Deception 3.  But since I love that game, it's all good.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2007, 12:25:25 PM »

Since when do you object to exposed titties?

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2007, 01:01:50 PM »

When they're digital.

Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2007, 02:34:10 PM »

Quote from: "Ragnarok-Sabin"
Not trying to put words in his mouth or anything, but if he didn't wanna read an FAQ or walkthrough, what in God's name made you think he wanted to hear it from you?

A) because it seemed like he was asking
B) because a walkthrough his hard to read without it explaining EVERYTHING, where-as an individual can just give you a nudge in the right direction... or in this case, confirm your suspicions.
C) you're right... don't put words in other people's mouths.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2007, 02:36:47 PM »

Got stuck in some room where I didn't know where to go after resurrecting the phoenix in God of War II.

Yeah, not a very exciting night in gaming for me. Just.. ow, spiky things. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2007, 08:53:29 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"

A) because it seemed like he was asking
B) because a walkthrough his hard to read without it explaining EVERYTHING, where-as an individual can just give you a nudge in the right direction... or in this case, confirm your suspicions.
C) you're right... don't put words in other people's mouths.

It seemed to me he was stating, not asking. Typically, one asks a question when asking.

And most anyone who has used the internet for longer than ten minutes understands the search function (That's CTRL+F, for the record,), and in fact, most FAQs these days advertise the function.

Oh, and I specifically stated I wasn't putting words in his mouth. I was asking you a question. I'd hoped for an answer that didn't make you sound like an insecure little prick. Because I asked a question. But obviously you don't understand questions.

Now, on topic: Still pretty much just Pokemon Diamond. Don't think I ever mentioned getting my Wii though, so I'll also bring up that I've played some Wii Sports, Super Paper Mario, and Call of Duty 3

SPM: A lot of fun, and I like the whole 2-3D flipping deal, but I'm very much missing the turn based combat. In my mind, that's what gave SMRPG and the original Paper Mario games their charm. Still, I like the side-scrolling coming back, without totally throwing away the three-dimensional aspect of recent Mario games.

Call of Duty 3: Great for just messin' around, killin' people. The controls can be a little screwy, but not to the point that I'd stop playing. Mostly, it's running well. Couldn't even tell you the last thing I did.
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2007, 02:31:43 PM »

SPM: A lot of fun, and I like the whole 2-3D flipping deal, but I'm very much missing the turn based combat. In my mind, that's what gave SMRPG and the original Paper Mario games their charm. Still, I like the side-scrolling coming back, without totally throwing away the three-dimensional aspect of recent Mario games.

I guess my only issue with the platforming nature of SPM is the lack of analog makes navigating the 3D realm very awkward. Also the speed and the way Mario is positioned when you turn the screen makes it feel like he's crab-walking, which just feels wrong to me. Also, I think they got a little too far from Mario's roots, on the platformer end of things, to the point where there are very few just really solid platform levels that felt really rewarding. Three worlds in a row: 2, 3, and 4, were incredibly gimicky and off: 2 takes place entirely inside a mansion with few enemies, 3 takes place almost entirely in water areas or in a castle, with few enemies, and 4 is almost entirely a space-shooter. Most of the time, I felt like I just wanted some solid Mario 3 or SMW-like levels with the 3D twist. World 1 was great, and I was really hoping for more material like that.

I think this game, with its mechanics, works best as a platformer rather than an RPG with platformer elements, but many of the levels just weren't strong enough to make for a great platformer. I dunno... I'm not done with the game yet, either, just started World 5, so I'm hoping they go back to doing slightly more thoughtful things.

Overall, great title, but some of the ideas (like the space shooter), while good in theory, didn't really turn out to be very fun.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2007, 02:28:45 PM »

Played Baten Kaitos for about 3 hours today.

Code:
Finally beat Kalas, all that level grinding and deck tweaking helped. Watched about 40 minutes of story, then I was finally able to play again. Went through the Labyrinth of Duhr and am now trying to recieve the Sword Of The Heavens.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2007, 05:03:26 PM »

Shivering Isles kicked ass.  It has some of the best writing I've seen on my PC since fucking Planescape:  Torment.  Not that it's as good as that, mind you, but it's the only thing I can think of that comes even slightly close.  It's like Lewis Carroll meets Douglas Adams meets LSD.  Too bad it's so damn short.  Oblivion in general could use a few more factions to join, and this doesn't help out much in that regard.  At least the Isles themselves are fun to dick around in.

Devil May Cry 3 still kicks ass.  Literally.  I think I've had my ass handed to me more than I did the first time I played through it. :P

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2007, 05:41:38 PM »

Playing suikoden 3. Not really engaged in it at all. I think the lack of voice acting doesn't help, but it's hard to knock the game for that since it did come out a while ago. I feel like giving up and going onto something more exciting.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: