Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 12:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341017 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  GaGaGame Journal #5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: GaGaGame Journal #5  (Read 55689 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2007, 07:46:22 PM »

I've been stuck on the Elite Four since yesterday. All I really need is a decent fire-based monster, but since I've only seen, like, one fire Pokemon in the entire freakin' game (which isn't one I particularly want to train), I haven't really gotten around to it.

Damnit, I knew I should have picked Chimchar.

Oh, and female Hippowdons are badass.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2007, 11:29:02 AM »

After a few weeks of not playing, I started TotA back up again.  I'm in the Tower of Rem now.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2007, 02:30:42 PM »

40/50 achievements on Crackdown. I love almost everything about the game, except the terrible, terrible driving.

With the Halo 3 beta coming out tomorrow, it looks like PSU, FFXII, and Okami are being put on hold for even longer.

[/url]
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2007, 12:04:19 PM »

17 hours on FF 3.
Code:
I'm just about to go and beat the crap out of Doga and Unei. Judging by the fact theres almost nothing left on the world map, am I near the end?

Plus got Odin and Bahamut. Leviathian totally kicked my ass, though.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2007, 03:08:26 PM »

FFXII - I am STILL in Pharos
Code:
I beat the third boss(Fenrir) and thought that would be the end of this dungeon, but it kept on going. WTF?! This game needs to END.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2007, 04:51:21 PM »

I got the Xenosaga trilogy for cheap, so I started playing Xenosaga 1.  I'm about 1 hour into it and I'm digging it, save for Shion sounding like a ditz.  It's interesting that so far, the NPCs all have better voice acting than Shion and KOS-MOS (her victory cry about needing to be cleaned is just silly.)  

I can see why people wouldn't like it since it's mostly cutscenes interspersed by gameplay.  I probably mind it less since I'm a visual novel fan and those have even less interaction.

Of course, for the benefit of the site, I'll also be playing Memories Off: 2nd for a retro review.  Hey, I *am* the graphic adventure/visual novel/love adventure guy after all.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2007, 05:01:17 PM »

Dincrest: I think you'll really like it, then, the stories get better and better. Ziggy's backstory is especially sad and welldone. I've only played the first, and I did enjoy it... even though the gameplay was really pretty aweful. I won't touch the second one with a 10-foot-pole, though, which sucks because I've heard the third is by far the best of the three.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2007, 05:19:54 PM »

Unless you're in the 1% that are freaks and love the gameplay, either GameShark your way through XSII or flat out skip it and read the synopsis in XSIII/watch some clips on YouTube. Do give it a fair shot first, and try to get through to the end of Disc 1. If you start to not like the battle system before then, you'll definitely hate it through to the end.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2007, 05:28:47 PM »

Everyone and their great aunt Ida Mae's been on my case to experience the Xenosaga story, so I'm better late than never, I guess.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2007, 04:38:59 PM »

2nd game had fabulous gameplay, don't know what everyone's issue was.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2007, 04:46:06 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
2nd game had fabulous gameplay, don't know what everyone's issue was.

It's easy to think everyone else is mad when it's really just you.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2007, 06:12:54 PM »

Halo 3 Beta: Not a big fan of the bumpers as a replacement of the X button. The feel of the game is very slightly different, but I really do like the Assault Rifle. There are some tweaks that they should make to the game, but overall it's fun.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2007, 07:37:36 PM »

Baten Kaitos:

Code:
I'm in the Cor Hydrae Castle and I've beaten Che.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2007, 12:17:22 AM »

Quote from: "superflat"
Halo 3 Beta: Not a big fan of the bumpers as a replacement of the X button. The feel of the game is very slightly different, but I really do like the Assault Rifle. There are some tweaks that they should make to the game, but overall it's fun.

Same with me, minus not liking the bumpers. They're way more intuitive IMO.

I played the second for about a week online before getting bored. With just 3 maps, I can already see this beta keeping me entertained for months (if that were a possibility). Can't wait for the final game.

[/url]
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2007, 04:13:34 AM »

I played a bit of the Halo 3 beta at my friend's house as well. It was pretty fun, and the maps (aside from Snowbound, in my opinion) are really well done, for the most part.

Anyone else bummed that the Ghosts aren't nearly as brutal as they were in the past games? Now it takes, like, three direct hits to actually kill someone with one.

Anyway, aside from that, I've been playing around with Pokemon still. I managed to beat the Elite Four a few times, and have basically been battling around in the Battle Tower in order to rack up enough points to buy the Power Whatever items.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: