Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:31:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332964 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  GaGaGame Journal #5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: GaGaGame Journal #5  (Read 55164 times)
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2007, 04:54:17 PM »

Dice:

Code:
Yeah, I personally liked Gwendolyn's story and nice she didn't ponder about her feelings for infinite hours like many other females. Also really liked how the bird kept mocking and questioning her, especially in the begining. From that part, I knew it was going to get good. This is only 1/5 of the fun! Such a good game :)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »

Quote from: "TurnBasedDude"
Dice:

Code:
Yeah, I personally liked Gwendolyn's story and nice she didn't ponder about her feelings for infinite hours like many other females. Also really liked how the bird kept mocking and questioning her, especially in the begining. From that part, I knew it was going to get good. This is only 1/5 of the fun! Such a good game :)

Well said.  The bird was an interesting touch.
Code:
flying away as Oswald's hugs Gwen was also a beautiful touch...go game!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »

I've been playing two games recently: Starcraft and Odin Sphere. I picked up SC Battle Chest today at GameStop for $10 since I never played it before (they're having a large sale that people should check out). I'm having a lot of fun, but I do royally suck at all RTS games, so I'm having a bit of a hard time. One really fun moment, though, was during this one mission, you have to take out a large base, and my best tactic is to create this huge army and just send it at the enemy. So that's what I did. I filled up 6 Terran starships (something along the lines of 50 units) and send them out to rape and pillage the base. It was so satisfying.

As for Odin Sphere, I just started playing and I finished Act 2 of Gwendolyn's book. It's so much fun, although I wish I had more bag space at times, and that the inventory was a bit easier to manage. Aside from that, I've been having a blast. Also, does anyone know how to turn on the 16:9 aspect ratio?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2007, 08:16:11 PM »

I'm starting to think Blizzard doesn't even need to actually make SC2 to profit from it. They'll have countless sales of the original just from people getting hyped up for it.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2007, 10:14:33 PM »

Beat the Arena in Fable: The Lost Chapters.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2007, 10:20:14 PM »

Superflat: As you progress, you can purchase more bags so the limited invdetory issue will quickly shrink.

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: May 26, 2007, 10:55:21 PM »

I decided to fire up Xenosaga 2 and 3 for the hell of it.  I can see how Xeno 1 and 2 can be monotonous and or frustrating.  Xeno 3 is where the series finally gets it right, so better late than never.  My only caveat is that I liked in prior Xeno games that during human battles, characters could do individual combo attacks using square and triangle and Xeno 3 just has "attack."  I like the use of square and triangle to do multi-hit combo attacks, though admittedly it was done to greater effect in XenoGEARS where you could earn more AP and do more extensive combo strings.  

And at the very least, Shion seems like far less of a weenie in Xeno 3.  

I'll probably end up Gamesharking my way through the first 2 Xeno games.  I'd rather experience the events first hand than just read them in the Xeno 3 summary database.  Just reading the summaries is just not the same as experiencing the drama first hand.

I definitely dig the series.  For all its flaws and faults, I love that it's a cool ass futuristic sci-fi RPG series (I won't say sci-fi/fantasy because sci-fi *is* a form of fantasy), and you don't get too many futuristic sci-fi RPGs.  I mean, you do, but for every sci-fi type RPG, there's, like, 500 medieval fantasy ones.  I prefer sci-fi over trad/medieval type fantasy.  The Star Ocean games have always had potential to be cool ass futuristic sci-fi RPGs, but they ALWAYS dump you on some backwater, primitive, bumfuck, middle-of-nowhere planet devoid of technology and pretty much keep you there.  I already get more than my fair share of traditional fantasy RPGing.  I want more sci-fi or other "non" traditional types of fantasy.

To me, the Xenosaga games feel like Star Wars on steroids, and that's a good thing to me.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 26, 2007, 11:07:27 PM »

If you were to call Xenosaga Sci-fi/Fantasy, you'd basically have to call EVERY sci-fi story that has supernatural elements, like Dune, Sci-Fi/Fantasy. :P

Edit: And yeah, agreed with on SO. But I've said that a million times, and I think tri-ace's logic for it is horrible since they could just create a standard fantasy RPG instead. At least try to go for the way games like Phantasy Star mixed normal fantasy elements with sci-fi.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2007, 12:03:04 AM »

I started up Odin Sphere today, and I'm having a blast with it! I played for about six hours, and got into the sixth chapter in Gwendolyn's story. The game is pretty much rock solid thusfar, and I'm totally pumped to play as the remainder of the characters, especially the little bunny guy. :P

Also, I'm really glad that this game is as hard as it is. I ended up choosing the hard difficulty setting, and have been getting batted around left and right, which is alright thanks to the gameover-less battle system. Awesome, awesome, awesome!
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2007, 02:24:25 PM »

That's one of the things I'm loving about Odin Sphere, I almost never have to save unless I wanna turn the game off.  If I lose a battle or a stage I can just restart without having a huge penalty or without having to load up a save that takes 5 minutes (/Rogue Galaxy\).

I'm also loving the way they tell the story.  There's no useless fluff with the voice acting, no stupid ass dialogue that I'm forced to listen to.  Loving it so far, hopefully it doesn't get too repetitive.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2007, 08:13:43 PM »

Just finishing up Ar Tonelico. All in all, good game, but let's face it... it's cheesy as hell and badly written. For a game that dedicates itself to the intriquacies of human relationships, it does a fucking aweful job in stearing away from the most cliche scenerios and unrealistic dialog. They finally start making fun of themselves with Sheralia's story, but even in their parody, I still get the feeling that they're juse making excuses for bad writing.

On the flipside, I'm starting Valkyrie Profile 2 today... wow, I'm thoroughly impressed! This game is truly beautiful, probably the most beautiful game on the PS2 (discounting Okami which isn't striving for realism). The VA is practically Tales caliber... in fact, there's quite a few of the main characters are voice acted by Tales voice actors.

I just about shit myself when Lezzard appeared... I mean, I'd heard that he was in there, but he was such an EVIL TWITED FUCK in the first game, it's just so weird to be fighting along side him. Funny that he's voice acted by the ONLY good voice actor in Ar Tonelico (who plays Ayatane)... also plays the main character in Ergo Proxy (Vincent Law), and as I just found out from IMDB, Dist the Reaper in Tales of the Abyss. Absolutely great choice. I only wish he had voice acted Lezzard in the original game, his voice is good at being truly disturbing, maybe even a bit too disturbing for his own good, sometimes. The original game was steady goodness, but never really completely grabbed me and made me go "wow"... but I think I'm really going to like this game!

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2007, 12:41:50 AM »

Been playing Donkey Kong Country (VC) here and there. I beaten the final boss earlier tonight and the 6th area is much easier than I remembered. Certainly a classic. Got DK2 downloaded and got to world 3.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2007, 12:45:53 AM »

Been playing random stuff, trying out the PS3 backwards compatibility, but I probably put the most effort percentage wise into Ninja Gaiden on the VC. Fuck, I never seriously played the original this far, and the birds and Michael Jackson and all the other assholes are kicking my ass. :P

Edit: But now the Wii Remote won't connect for Ninja Gaiden. Even if this magically becomes fine later... Fuck. I think the big three all fucking suck. They've all made serious fuck ups in some regard.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2007, 01:02:41 AM »

More Odin Sphere! Just beat Chapter 5 of Gwendolyn and I'm really liking the creation systems and the use of items. It's nice to finally have a game that wants you to use the items you get, which is a wonderful change of pace from the great majority of RPGs that make you hoard your items. I also like the simplicity of only having to level your health and psypher. It's a similarly nice change of pace to not have to worry about all of these random stats and weapons and armor.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2007, 01:58:31 AM »

So, yeah. So much for making the most progress in Ninja Gaiden, since the developers of the Wii are total dumbfucks and can't be bothered to make a wired connection of some sort with the Wii in case the Wii Remote can't/won't connect for whatever reason, perhaps using the GC controller instead, and the system /will not make/keep a savestate for the VC when shut off/, I lost all my progress in NG. I was in Act 5 too.

Yeah, I think I won't be playing that game for awhile now.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: