Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 10:31:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330126 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  GaGaGame Journal #5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: GaGaGame Journal #5  (Read 54904 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2007, 01:07:35 PM »

WTF? Jimmy actually had time to play video games this weekend?!

I picked up Megaman ZX after not touching it since November. I only had one boss left to beat to complete Model PX, so I did that. Nabbed the last two sub-tanks, completed all the bio-metals, then went back and beat every boss with a LV. 4 Victory. Beat the shit out of Pandora in area M without even using a sub-tank (I don't consider that a boss), but decided to check out Area N and found something superbly brilliant: Omega! I actually even managed to beat him on the first try, but died three times trying to make my way back over the spikes. The next time I pulled off beating him, and getting back.

I'm glad I checked a FAQ just in case there were any stupid things I needed to do after beating Omega, because there are. Kind of bummed I don't get to use that bio-metal until after I finish the game though.

But that won't be too far away!

EDIT: Nevermind, finished it. Last boss was cool until he transformed into uber-last boss. Then it was cheap and sucky. Omega was better.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2007, 06:54:20 PM »

I lied. I picked back up Ninja Gaiden after I got over my irritation at Nintendo for not bothering to put in SOME preventive measure for worst case scenarios, and got halfway through Act 4. Good thing this isn't something like going through most of LttP without actually saving.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2007, 07:36:02 PM »

Super Paper Mario -  I probably shouldn't have played it all weekend.  I really should have studied.  The game was so much damned fun, that I couldn't budget my time right.  I need to buckle down with studying tonight.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2007, 07:55:45 PM »

Lufia: TRoL just came in the mail. Enjoying it so far.
Nutbar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: May 28, 2007, 08:16:12 PM »

I beat the elite four and the champion in Pearl today, which was a nice way to spend the bank holiday.

Code:
The first 3 members didn't give me much hassle, but the fourth and champion really tested my team and judgement; just for the sheer fact that I still don't have a single pokemon over lv 50 yet. It took some slightly alternative thinking, but I finally won ^_^b.

I have 149 on my pokedex, so one left to get before I can get the national dex; which annoyingly is drifloon.
Code:
I know I can only catch one on fridays, and I skipped all the trainers in the 5th gym. A little annoying but I don't really plan to play much until friday anyway, so It isn't that big a deal.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2007, 11:14:18 AM »

Doing Mercedes chapter in Odin Sphere..just started, but I don't like using her at all.. =/
Code:
I feel like she gets left out of the team.  Gwen has Oswaldy...Cornelius has Velv...Mercedes just doesnt
.... ha~ha)

I still love the game lots... I just hate all the final boss slow-down and I'm worried I'm gonna get tired of the game's repetitiveness. =(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2007, 07:28:41 PM »

About 15 hours into Vagrant Story and still have no idea why sometimes I do 60+ damage and the next turn I do 5.

It's seven years old, but here're the spoiler tags anyway...

Code:
I just beat Rosencrantz for the first time and found out Ashley's actually some kind of twisted mercenary who cries every time he has to think.

[/url]
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2007, 08:17:55 PM »

Borrowed Pokémon LeafGreen from my cousin and I'm having fun playing it. I gave away Pokémon Red and Yellow a few years ago, and it was a few years before that that I beat the game.

Since tomorrow is my last day of school, I'll probably finish up LeafGreen and Fable: The Lost Chapters sometime this or next week, then I'll get back to playing FFV and FFVI Advance.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
G
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2007, 10:46:46 PM »

Gone retro this week:

ActRaiser

Caem out VC yesterday. Having never played it before, I had a blast and already beaten it (short). Very addicting.

Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD)

Found it as I was checking some of my PS2 games. The plot and voice acting is cheesy, but its still a fun game. It feels fufilling remote controlling a giant robot, giving the other a good upper while buildings get destroyed in the process.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2007, 11:05:29 PM »

So, yeah. NG1's a cheap piece of shit. The game's awesome and fun, but really challenging, but Act VI is utterly absurd. 6-2 and to a slightly lesser degree 6-3 are brutal as hell, and if I die at the last three bosses, I redo all of that. What the /fuck/?

So, yeah. I'm going to go play something less nerve wrecking, like Pokemon, or whatever.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2007, 11:28:59 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
So, yeah. NG1's a cheap piece of shit. The game's awesome and fun, but really challenging, but Act VI is utterly absurd. 6-2 and to a slightly lesser degree 6-3 are brutal as hell, and if I die at the last three bosses, I redo all of that. What the /fuck/?

So, yeah. I'm going to go play something less nerve wrecking, like Pokemon, or whatever.

Oh man, did you go this long without knowing that the first Ninja Gaiden is the cheapest piece of shit in the history of ever? :P  Some sadist was behind the placement of some of those fucking eagles and snipers wearing camo.

Thankfully, Ninja Gaiden II was a hell of a lot more balanced than its predecessor.  That game remains one of my favorite platformers.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2007, 12:01:48 AM »

I knew NG1 was hard, and I've long known about people cursing out the birds. But I never actually EXPERINCED it this far, the furthest I got in any NG game previously was III... Which might sound confounding given my NG1 complaints, but this was the Trilogy version, which actually had damned passwords. Read they tore that out of the NES version's US release as well as the infinite continues. What the fuck Tecmo? No wonder the damn series died after that until Itagaki dragged it out of the grave. :P

But, yeah. I read that NGII was better balanced. I'll get that on the VC and disregard III.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2007, 09:38:29 AM »

Quote from: "TurnBasedDude"

Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD)

Found it as I was checking some of my PS2 games. The plot and voice acting is cheesy, but its still a fun game. It feels fufilling remote controlling a giant robot, giving the other a good upper while buildings get destroyed in the process.

Love that game. Voice acting is atrocious - to the point that it's almost legendary now. Controls are unique and it's an overall fun game. Nice choice.

I just finished Okami and am starting Xenosaga 2.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2007, 10:49:22 PM »

I bought a cheap copy of Rocket Slime for the DS today.  Not a bad little game.  It's repetitive as all hell, but that's not bothering me as much as I would normally expect.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2007, 12:00:48 AM »

Vagrant Story is seriously one of the most boring games I've ever played. But for some reason I must keep playing.

[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: