Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 02:16:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331798 Posts in 13585 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  GaGaGame Journal #5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: GaGaGame Journal #5  (Read 55080 times)
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2007, 09:01:42 AM »

Act 5 in Odin Sphere.  I'm itching to get done with Gwendolyn's book and move on to another character.  

Is there any platform jumping or anything in Odin Sphere?  Normally I loathe platform jumping, but I'd actually welcome some of that here because otherwise the stages do get monotonous.

I'm pretty impressed at how good the voice acting is, both English and Japanese.  Believe me, having played as many import love adventures as I've played, I've heard Japanese voice acting that was mediocre and/or even downright bad.  So hearing the Japanese VA in Odin Sphere was a nice treat since all of it has been really freaking good so far.  And what I've heard of the English dub is good- everyone's cast really well thus far.  

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7e_24dR2Hrs (This is proof that Japanese VA can indeed suck hard.  Then again, fighting games usually never have good or even mediocre voice acting.)

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2007, 04:11:28 PM »

I'm playing Zelda: TP for the Cube. I'm now in the forest temple, and am seriously wondering WHY THE HELL I have a friggin' monkey following me around. Making annoying monkey noises no less. Then I find some weird human headed freaky bird-looking thing in a chest. What the hell? Who comes up with this stuff?
"Ya know what would be FUN? have a monkey following you around through the dungeon. THAT would be great!" Idiots.

I can only assume the game vastly improves.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »

The forest temple sucks compared to the others, definitely.  It's like they knew to get that shit out of the way early. :P

From the second temple on, it's damn good.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2007, 05:29:04 PM »

Neal: Nope. Like I said on my review..

Since every mission follows the formula and the enemies, most bosses, and even stage structures get rehashed, the game can be quite repetitive, so you値l fare better playing in small doses to keep the enjoyment fresh. It only gets different in the final book, which only has boss fights.

Still fun anyhow and not marathoning it kept it pretty fresh with me. At least the stages don't last long.

On topic:

RAD- Got to mission 30. Fully upgraded vavel and my hero. Still fun to beat up Volgara.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2007, 06:20:23 PM »

Super Paper Mario -  I'm buying maps so I can go on treasure hunts.  Anyways,
Code:
I just got Luigi but lost Peach and Bowser.  

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2007, 09:21:22 PM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"
I'm now in the forest temple, and am seriously wondering WHY THE HELL I have a friggin' monkey following me around. Making annoying monkey noises no less.

Because they thought having an annoying monkey following you around making annoying platypus noises at you... would be a little strange.

Quote from: "GrimReality"
I can only assume the game vastly improves.

For sure, it does, IN SPADES. That pretty much covers the annoying weirdness of the game. Not that it's the end of all weirdness... but the rest of the weirdness is just mind blowing (the first major etherial cutscene... OMG!).

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »

Are you ready for how hardcore of a gamer I am?

I got a copy of Clubhouse Games

I'M PLAYING SPADES, BITCHES!!!

(also Shadowrun)

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2007, 12:42:27 AM »

I'm fucking loving Odin Sphere.  This game is freakin' awesome.  I'm really enjoying how each character is different when it comes to combat.  I completely destroy bosses with some characters and with others it's the hardest fight yet.  Also enjoy how each character's story melds with others.  Most fun I've had playing an RPG in quite awhile.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2007, 01:12:40 AM »

Uh.

I started FFVI GBA.

Got to... rescuing Celes.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2007, 12:56:38 PM »

Yeah, I think I'm done with Vagrant Story. It's not really that gripping of a story and the gameplay is terrible. It wouldn't be if every single fight was exactly the same.

[/url]
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2007, 02:05:36 PM »

Rocket Slime was a pretty good little game.  Easy as all hell, but good.  I only died once, and that's because I fell asleep during a tank fight. :P

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »

Pokémon LeafGreen: Leveling up for the Elite 4. I have a lvl 55 Jolteon, 52 Blastoise, 47 Fearow, 41 Ninetales and Primeape, and a 43 Dugtrio. I need to at least get Fearow up at least 5 levels because I can't beat Bruno without it, since his damn Machamp killed it.

Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation : Played the first 2 chapters of Kyosuke's path. It's Fire Emblem with mecha basically, and I'm liking it so far.

Haven't touched Fable much this week, haven't touched FFVI Advance in two weeks since gathering all the characters back is a pain, and haven't touched FFV Advance in a month, since I still need to do a little more level-grinding...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2007, 05:06:08 PM »

Beat Actraiser last night. Looking at the Wii's Message board thing that shows how much I played what, I spent 6:02 on the game... And that's including times when I'd just go away to do other stuff or resetting the game several times because I fucked up towards the beginning of an act. Still a fantastic game though, and noe probably one of my more replayed titles.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2007, 08:55:23 PM »

I picked up mid-game session of FFVIII that I haven't touched in over a year.  I don't care what anyone says, the game is great. Yeah, the whole "time compression" thing is whack but I love the junction system. Just finished the Galbadia garden fight, doing the card quest now. Probably go do some side quests next and visit the islands closest to heaven&hell to power up a bit.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2007, 08:03:47 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Yeah, I think I'm done with Vagrant Story. It's not really that gripping of a story and the gameplay is terrible. It wouldn't be if every single fight was exactly the same.

Hm. Sounds like every other RPG. :P The battling I mean.

I loved Vagrant Story. I should play it again soon.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: