Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 10:43:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332958 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  GaGaGame Journal #5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: GaGaGame Journal #5  (Read 55162 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: June 17, 2007, 12:25:40 AM »

Playing crappy arcade games in hopes of getting free Vista Ultimate. Microsoft made this site where you can play stupid casual games such as a text twist rip-off and a stupid version of crosswords to gain tickets to get free prizes. The great part is that you can use various websites such as anagram finders and crossword hint solvers to cheat your way through most all of the puzzles. So I'm slowly making progress in terms of tickets.

In other news, I beat Peggle and am making more progress in Tomb Raider Anniversary. I'm going to start playing WoW again tomorrow, and I'm going to try to get through a lot of games during the next week before I start my internship.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2007, 01:26:52 AM »

I managed to unlock all of the scenes in Odin Sphere, including the final two, so I think I'm pretty much done with everything for now. I'd rather not replay through the game just to unlock the uber hard mode.

So today, I started up Atelier Iris 3.

Yeah.
I'm praying it'll get more entertaining later on down the line, because from what I've played, it's totally bland. That, and I can't stand the main characters.

Uh oh.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: June 17, 2007, 04:48:24 PM »

POKEYMANS.

Level 7 Piplup FTW.

[/url]
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: June 17, 2007, 10:48:47 PM »

Finally reached the Armageddon book in Odin Sphere.  Wow, this game is seriously awesome.  At first I thought it was a bit hard and the gameplay was a little repetitive, but after tinkering around for sometime I've got the alchemy system mastered, which completely destroys any difficulty this game can throw at me.  Going to twink my characters for the final bosses and then finish this one up.

Zebulun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2007, 01:09:43 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
I think that's a good comparison. The general mood's closer to being scary than Super Metroid's though, but it's the big moments that matter, not "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SPANISH CRAP?" Also, pretty tense. HOLY CRAP A GUY GOT BEHIND ME AND I DIDN'T NOTICE AHHH SHIT SHIT.

Indeed. Just tonight I was having a grand olde time sniping those friendly Europeans when I heard a grunt and was  properly strangled by the previously unknown assailant. I jumped 2 feet out of my chair.

I also started playing Guitar Hero II on the 360. It's hypnotizing.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2007, 01:15:02 AM »

Resident Evil 4 isn't scary since its a bit action oriented, thus reducing the tension though being decapatated out of nowhere can be startling. I am a sissy for horror games too and wussed out on Fatal Frame. Now that is a scary game, using psychologcal methods to freak you out. Got the shivers when music stops and I hear a hearbeat and ghost emerges out of nowhere.

Anyhow,

Lately, been a MegaMan spree as I played the anniversary collection since it was getting dust for a while. I've beaten Mega Man 2 and 3 and defeated three bosses in 4.

I found ZX today pretty cheap and messed around with that. Fun game, but definitely vicious. I got an Hx model from defeating a boss.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2007, 12:44:44 PM »

After two months of no gaming, I can now get back to Oblivion and online Resistance. It's nice, being off school.

I joined the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion. Hell yes.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2007, 02:11:07 PM »

I alredy beaten tales of destiny remake, it was quite good remake in special for the new videos they made tod2 got more sense in something,s. Now i will contine playing tales of the abyss and ys origin with hugo this time.

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2007, 08:48:08 PM »

Planet Puzzle League for the DS, and a royal fuckton of the Sims 2. I don't play the Sims much, but when I do it takes hold of me for hours. As for PPL, its a fun puzzle game that I purchased on Friday with my hat of collected spare change, and while there is a lot of content, especially in the form of puzzles and missions, the endless mode (which is, for all intents and purposes the main puzzle mode) is kind of disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun, but the backgrounds and music don't change (Lumines being an example of what PPL not and should be) and the difficulty curve is not the best for extended play. But I've been having a lot of fun with it.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: June 18, 2007, 10:28:26 PM »

Been playing Xenosaga with some Gameshark codes.  I'm at the part where Jr. is introduced.

Ziggy and MOMO are cool.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2007, 01:59:06 AM »

Got Deep Labyrinth and Suikoden Tactics for about $6.48/$10.98 respectively. Played more of Deep Labyrinth, so far I feel that it's pretty good for the price I paid, but I paid the initial 30 bucks I wouldn't feel the same. :P
Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2007, 06:38:36 AM »

I'm re-playing Final Fantasy VII at the momment, untill I get my PS2 back from someone I lent it to. When I get that back I'm gonna start up Odin Sphere, and I need to get around to finishing Xenosaga III, Suikoden V and Final Fantasy XII.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2007, 01:44:26 PM »

Haven't posted in awhile, but I'm still playing Twilight Princess. The Goron Mines was a way cooler(if a bit short) dungeon than that stupid forest temple. I really liked the
Code:
whole magnetic wall climbing business. The final boss was pretty cool, too.

I'm now in the Twilight Hyrule town. I much prefer using Link over the wolf.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2007, 03:08:43 PM »

MORE POKEYMANS.

Two badges and level 21 Alakazam ftw!

[/url]
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2007, 03:43:57 PM »

Got Tales of Destiny for PS2 on Monday, and have been playing it on the PS2 whenever possible (since the PS3, which is in my room, can't play Japanese games, I have to use my PS2 with Swap Magic, which is in the family room).

I'm currently at Moreau Castle, not having any real problems regarding the game being entirely in Japanese. I know the story, but they re-wrote the script, so I can only assume I'm missing out on a few extras, but whatever.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: