Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:22:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334774 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Twisted news story of the day
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Twisted news story of the day  (Read 1432 times)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2007, 09:05:25 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/school.sex.ap/index.html

Far be it for me to moralize and all that, but damn.  I mean, I've heard of playing doctor, but this is... fuck! (no pun intended.)  

It was disturbing to a couple of us after-school aides one day when we confiscated a love note from a 5th grade girl saying she wanted to have some guy's babies.  What does it say about society that 11 year olds are *that* sexual?  Are these kids getting this at least in part from the media, like hip-hop videos and stuff?

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 09:33:29 AM »

I wish I could say this shocked me. I think there's a large shared culture between older and younger teens now, and media plays a large role in that. Is media the cause? No. But it's helping the problem. Rather I should say, media isn't even the fundamental problem. Marketing is. It's nice to go and say things like clothing don't matter, etc, but the fact is that a LOT of clothing is becoming skimpier, more form-fitting, etc. There as a whole slew of young girls who got those ridiculous Wicked Weasel bikinis, and were SOLD THEM, despite their age.

We devote a lot of research to creating clothes that are sexually attractive on older teenagers and young adults, and that's filtered down to the younger years too now. I'm not sure if parents are even aware of this though, since they're just as subject to the advertising as their kids. Even moreso, because they pay more attention.

But hey, I may just be crazy and these kids ARE an exception. I doubt it though.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 02:58:36 PM »

Parents should hit their kids.

Yeah you heard me....i am an advocate for child abuse...because kids that get smacked around when they do wrong dont fucking end up doing shit like this.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 02:59:11 PM »

I'm tempted to go with "oh em gee media" route, but it strikes me as somewhat off. I mean, yes, there is a lot of sexuality on television and in music. You have people shaking their asses and snogging all over the damn place.

But in the end, I have yet to see anyone bump uglies in mainstream entertainment. When I was a child, I became aware of my sexuality through watching television and what-not, but only god knew what the hell I could have done with these feelings in me. It never occurred to me that somewhere out there was a girl I might be able to put my penis in and that this would somehow sate my desires.

Also,
Quote from: "Dade"

Yeah you heard me....i am an advocate for child abuse...because kids that get smacked around when they do wrong dont fucking end up doing shit like this.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 03:13:57 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"

Yeah.

Sometimes it takes a harsh punishment (ear-tugging, the occasional slap, pinch, etc) to help children understand what's right and what's wrong. Without a sense of morality or at least decency, their lives will go awry...starting from a very young age too, apparently.

I don't know why I'm not shocked.  Disgusted and mildly surprised, maybe. The world's becoming a sad and strange place.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 03:24:50 PM »

Eleven years old!  When I was eleven I thought all boys were gross.  Now that I'm older, I know some boys are gross.  

Oh I agree with the slutty clothing being marketed to young girls.  I see it all the time.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 04:13:43 PM »

Whatever happened to that stage in life where you bullied the girls you liked instead of having sex with them?

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 04:51:47 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Whatever happened to that stage in life where you bullied the girls you liked instead of having sex with them?

Well you could always do both. :P
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 05:10:19 PM »

This stuff probably happens all the time anyway - there seems to be an increasing number of 12-year-old girls getting pregnant these days. But I think charging them with "obscenity" is a bit wrong. Statutory Rape might be a bit more appropriate.

Plus, there are plenty of better things to do in class when the teacher isn't watching.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 08:17:07 PM »

Statutory rape from someone else their own age?

Man, I wish I was in the classroom.

Guys, I'm kidding!

[/url]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: