Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:06:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334681 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 45750 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: April 04, 2006, 01:01:17 PM »

WoW:

DR and I went out and grinding mindlessly in Desolace last night.....since the Horde pretty much own Stranglethorn Vale...which makes no sense since Desolace is like 10 feet from Horde Territory. Oh well.

He leveled, I leveled....and I really need cash for my GIANT ASSFUCK TIGER at level 40. I have about 30g now....WOOOOO 1/3 of the way there!

Oh yeah and I want to publicly thank Tim for assisting me in getting my Whirlwind Axe. http://www.thottbot.com/?ri=22734

Now....if only our guild tabard matched anything I has in my inventory. Orange...not so hot up against a blue shirt, red helm, silver chest and brown gloves.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: April 04, 2006, 03:45:22 PM »

Kingdom Hearts II- if anyone saw the review on RPGamer (sorry to mention), its fairly accurate.  THe game did a great job in comparison to the first, but Atlantica was a waste, and the game does a good job killing time (revisting the worlds, and sidequests that dont really go anywhere).  The secret video was astonishing, again making you feel like crap that it will probably be a while before a new KH title is released.
The reaction command was great though, a good way to really razzle-dazzle the game up...but its still a real button masher RPG.

.... I SO wanna see Mickey face Yoda in a fight. : D

Suikoden V- long ass introduction was a pain to put up with.  The game is getting much better however, and its great that they went back to the roots of the game.  But, after playing KHII (where the menu changes in every world, hell, even room), it looks like they ddin't spend much time with the menu interface.  Its kind of inconvenient.  Yeah, and loading times are balls.
Still, the story is great, nice progression.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: April 04, 2006, 03:51:52 PM »

Kingdom Hearts 2
I completed Agrabah, and got a cutscene featuring Pluto and
Code:
Kairi
as a reward. Am hoping this is a sign that the storyline will pick up speed from now on. Just as with Kingdom Hearts, a lot of the worlds in this game are just fillers that don't contribute anything significant to the story.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: April 04, 2006, 06:00:43 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Kingdom Hearts 2
I completed Agrabah, and got a cutscene featuring Pluto and
Code:
Kairi
as a reward. Am hoping this is a sign that the storyline will pick up speed from now on. Just as with Kingdom Hearts, a lot of the worlds in this game are just fillers that don't contribute anything significant to the story.

I've been feeling that a while, personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Disney part was just pure publicity.
Code:
Disney Castle seemed like an important element, but played a very minor role.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: April 04, 2006, 11:49:19 PM »

I did somemore running around aimlessly doing sidequests in Shadow Hearts: FtNW, but mostly did Frank's sidequest in the crazy ninja valley/theme park place. It took me so freaking long to figure out what to do :P

Code:
I just beat Gilbert in his deformed hand form, inside of The Gate. I think I gained a few too many levels in the sidequest areas, since he was a bit on the easy side...

I really don't want this game to end, so I hope I still have a ways to go.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: April 05, 2006, 11:44:07 AM »

Kingdom Hearts 2
Completed the Tron World, and things are really beginning to heat up. If the game continues to move in the same direction that it is has started to now, then I'll more than forgive the endless Disney worlds that didn't do much to spice things up.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: April 05, 2006, 02:32:13 PM »

Suikoden V finally won out over WoW last night. I was totally in the MMO mindset and then the PS2 started yelling at me from across the room kinda like Div does in Penny Arcade (bottle of Jack Daniels in hand to boot!).

I just fought my first army battle (.......) and so far the story is really fucking good. I'm liking most of the characters, and I love how the two major noble families in the game so far are using everyone and everything to scheme against each other. It's the classic political intrigue that made me love Suikoden 2 so much.

Anyhoo....off to Raftfleet to see if I can win them over. Oh and Georg....he's teh win...and reminds me a lot of Geddoe (eye patch aside).

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: April 05, 2006, 03:03:54 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
I've been feeling that a while, personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Disney part was just pure publicity.

..... It's a Disney game. It's not like Square just produced a game and decided to toss Disney elements into it. There's a reason they're there.

[/url]
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: April 05, 2006, 05:38:07 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Quote from: "Dice"

..... It's a Disney game. It's not like Square just produced a game and decided to toss Disney elements into it. There's a reason they're there.

To make the game appeal to a broader audience and make both companies more money?  Or perhaps I missed something.

I've been playing Suikoden V and Kingdom Hearts 2.  I'm really not digging KH2 much.  People are like mind blown by it, saying it's so amazing.  It's pretty meh.  The beginning dragged on and now I just spent like 45 minutes in Mulan's world.  Kind of surprised that I didn't do shit there.  I killed like 20 things and a boss and that was the end of it.  Wow?  That's not even really relevant to the plot.  Maybe it picks up..?  Sorry if it becomes amazing in the game, but I'll keep playing Suikoden V.  Because you know, it's actually an awesome game and has a plot that pulls me in.

That's right, I dissed KH2.  Ohnoez.

Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: April 05, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »

^ I believe after a certain event you go back to almost all of the worlds. Then there is actual plot related material happening...

The only two worlds where I see plot in before these points other that

Code:
Hallow Bastion and Twilight Town

is

Code:
Olympus and Space Paranoids

I'm juggling KH 2 with Suikoden V at the moment... Mainly because I can't play KH when visiting friends because I'm further than him. [/quote]
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: April 05, 2006, 06:24:47 PM »

Slow and steady with WoW. Making quite sure I dont get sucked in too much. My mage is almost 16. My chick and I are going to be rocking the deadmines soon.

Suikoden 5- Kinda neglected this one due to lack of time the past few days, but I fired it back up and I am recruiting like crazy. I like how alot of the stars have little quests invloved with getting them. I feel like there is so much to do. This really is a great game.

Nad
Morbid Minister

BurningNad
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: April 05, 2006, 11:52:50 PM »

Been playing KH2, about 16 hours in. I'm kinda disappointed with some of the VAs, especially for returning characters, but it's nothing gamebreaking.

Onimusha: DoD - only 4 or 5 hours in, once I bought KH2 I put this aside. I will definitely be returning to it after I'm done with KH2 though.

WoW - Fooling around with new classes, my rogue is becoming a bit stale since all I've been doing is raiding with him. I need to pvp more or just do some quests.

Recently beat Killer7, and man, what a crazy game it is. The story will send you reeling, expecially on the second playthrough.

Nothing.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: April 06, 2006, 09:57:30 AM »

Suikoden 5- I just got Richard and went to sleep. Before I went to bed though, I took a look at his skills, via Zegai. "Deserving of the title master" and something about almost as good as a god? He is a keeper for sure.

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: April 06, 2006, 06:40:47 PM »

Kingdom Hearts 2
I'm right at the end of the game, and have it paused at the final boss fight. Most of the fight is pretty damn easy (as most of this game has been), but I keep dying right at the end where you have to
Code:
press the triangle button to deflect what seems like thousands of laser beams. I've died three times at the same spot now, and even when I get there with full health. Guess I just can't press the button fast enough.

Tempted to just turn the PS2 off and try again tomorrow, but that means I would have play through all the stuff that comes before the final boss again. Long end-stretches without save spots suck.

Edit:
Figured out the trick to beating the boss. Should've been paying more attention. So yeah, completed Kingdom Hearts 2. Not a bad game, but you can tell it was made for an audience a great deal younger than me. I wish the it had continued to moved in the direction that it did just following the end of the first half of the game. I mean, I wish they had done more stuff like letting us
Code:
fight 1000 heartless with just Sora,
but instead the game settled back into the same pattern that had been established in the first half. Travel to a world, kill the heartless and defeat the boss, rince and repeat.

The secret movie was amusing. I wonder if they are actually considering making a game out of it, or if it was just something they threw in there to tease players who wanted a "darker and more mature" Kingdom Hearts.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: April 06, 2006, 11:10:01 PM »

I'm really freaking pissed at Shadow Hearts: FtNW. I beat it, and that's cool and all, but I overwrote my saved data, thinking that I would just start the game again from the save just before the final bosses, allowing me to keep the snap cards that I aquired from them. But noooo, now I have to start from the freaking beginning of the entire game, and start from scratch if I want to get the good ending, and complete all the extra crap that I didn't finish, including the hidden dungeon. They didn't even let you keep your levels, or weapons...or anything (well, some stuff they did, but not the stuff that I wanted :P)...

I'm sorry, but that just pisses me off to no end, considering the fact that I liked this game enough to actually do all of the sidequests. Well, too bad, because I'm not re-playing a 40+ hour game when I just beat it..
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: