Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 04:21:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327346 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 43862 times)
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2006, 06:02:14 PM »

Played KH:CoM over the past 4 or 5 days. Sora's story was a great precurser to Riku's which was the real meat of the game's story as most know that played it. It left me WANTING, and quit badly I might add, KHII. The end of the month won't come soon enough. At least I'll have ToP and DDS to keep me occupied until then.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2006, 06:24:02 PM »

Just beat dragon quarter. God that game does everything it can to make you not enjoy it.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2006, 06:24:51 PM »

Then why did you finish the game?:)
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2006, 06:32:21 PM »

Because I'm trying to finish every game I own, that way I don't feel bad about buying new games when I have unfinished ones sitting around :)
Tappy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2006, 07:16:10 PM »

Anyone still playing Diablo 2: LOD can hit me up. I have a lvl 85 pally and Necro 73, Twinked of course.

Formerly dreamer_fades.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2006, 10:01:05 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
Just beat dragon quarter. God that game does everything it can to make you not enjoy it.

Tell me about it :P

Anyways, I haven't played Tales of Legendia for over a week, so I played 12 hours or so alone this weekend. The battle system is still fresh, and I'm loving how many freaking attacks my characters get (Senel has too many though). My only gripes about the battle system is kind of due to the grade system. I mean, I can make up lost grade points easily by fighting level 1 monsters around the first town, but it's still annoying that if someone dies they deduct you a whole point, and attacking enemies with their strong element subtracts quite a few as well. Why even give weapons elements? I also don't like how if I link a healing spell to the L2 button, that I can't control who it heals other than the character I'm controlling.

Code:
Just got into....um, the Legacy Bridge...tower...place (after you get through that annoying ass battlefield). I got Jay too, but screw him. And screw Norma too.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2006, 01:45:16 AM »

Beat AI for the fourth time, this time after getting access to the bonus dungeon. For the anal retentive...
Code:
Surprised that I got a different ending vocal this time. Figured the one on the smapler CD was all there was.

As nice as it'd be to get 100% item completion and the like, I think I'm through with the game.

Maybe. :P
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2006, 02:05:31 AM »

Grandia III.

Code:
Just got to that town with the really spastically terrible music.  Fusing Mana Eggs now, cause that's what all the cool trendy kids are doing.

Shining Force: Final Conflict.

Code:
Now in the battle with Eiku in his fortress.  I'm sure his statues will come alive and beat my ass though.

Cynthia is the most useless Healer ever.  Level 14 with 13 MP?  Yuck.

Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon.

Code:
Levelling up everyone in Alterone to level six, cause the zombies are coming.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2006, 11:03:44 AM »

Suikoden III:

Around 60 hours and I have beaten the whole game and got all 108 stars alive and well (unless they die by plot) and unlocked Lucs story. In my opinion, II is a lot better to me being my 1st suikoden game, felt the story was more intense and more memorable characters to me. Either way it is still fun.

Bit clueless now as to what to play next.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2006, 12:21:06 PM »

ToL:   Grune's quest - I think I'm about to beat the game.  I fought the six battles in a row and then the really hard duo after that.  I had to replay that last battle 4 times because I kept dying.  Unfortunately you can't switch out party members so I had to stick with the members I kept dying with.  I decided to switch tactics and have Senel go on auto mode and I kept giving Norma orders to heal.  I used up half of my life bottles and several miracle and lemon gels.  I really needed a save pt and was afraid to venture forward so I went back to town to stock up on things.  I did the battle arena with Senel and Chloe and got some cool stuff.  I keep getting my ass kicked in the special single fight.    I guess I should attempt fighting with the advanced level single fights with the other characters to get items and titles.  I also went and customized a whole bunch of stuff that I didn't even realize was there.  I'll probably finish this one soon.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2006, 01:57:28 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
Because I'm trying to finish every game I own, that way I don't feel bad about buying new games when I have unfinished ones sitting around :)

I hear that. Been trying to finish them all but went out and bought a couple new games anyways. Now I have it down to DDS 1+2, Nocturn and Star Ocean 3.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2006, 11:02:02 PM »

I just finished the second quest for a Lem Fruit on Randoto Island. The two minotaurs were easier than the first one due to the simple fact I didn't have six Fishman Captains to bother with. The game is still fun, but the story is going nowhere fast.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2006, 11:17:04 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
I just finished the second quest for a Lem Fruit on Randoto Island. The two minotaurs were easier than the first one due to the simple fact I didn't have six Fishman Captains to bother with. The game is still fun, but the story is going nowhere fast.

Oh hell yeah it isnt. What really pisses me off the most is that I feel I have spent like 80% of this game in that desert town with the horrible music. The battles are actually starting to wear on me. I am into it for like, 10 fights and I am over it. The game looks amazing and I really love the short, sweet dungeons.  I will beat it though, as I have finished two games in a row without stopping, a personal best for me in about two years.`

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2006, 11:18:49 PM »

Played a few more hours in Tales of Legendia and got into the fifth chapter. Am I really only a third of the way through the 'whole' game?

Still fun, although I hate choosing between party members. I'm considering using Norma in place of Will because of her party heal magic.
rubenxce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2006, 12:34:12 AM »

Since the day I bought Generations of Chaos (the day it came out) ive been playing it for about 10 hours everyday.  Got 3 endings already and conquered the map once on KoC mode.

I hope my addiction ends when i get Shadow Hearts, Oblivion, or Suikoden.

I tried to play Legendia and Grandia, played about 10 hours of each they both didnt hooked me. So 2 more games to my collection ill never finish.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: