Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 04:37:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340816 Posts in 13926 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 46944 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2006, 10:59:59 AM »

I stopped playing with Grandia III, I don't know why but I'm not in the mood to play this game right now. I prefer to reserve some time for Shadow Hearts: From a New World.

I just found Guy in Lufia II. I'm heading to the Tanbel Tower to free Guy's sister from the mysterious man.
Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »

Just finished the classic point and click game Beneath a Steel Sky. It's freeware now, and I recommend everybody here to check this game out. It's really addicting.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2006, 08:29:41 PM »

ToL:  Started Grune's quest.  
Code:
I almost got my assed kicked at the alter of the sea.  I used a handful of life bottles on that fight.  

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2006, 09:42:44 PM »

Disgaea.

Code:
Took a break from power levelling.  It's taken me two years to get this far, another while longer won't bother me.  :P

Shining Force: Final Conflict.

Code:
Just got Morton in my team and just got to the town of Roft.

Myau and I also picked up Grandia III, since I got 750 bucks back from file my income tax.

Code:
Alonso just joined up and we are trying to get a ship over to Arcriff so Alfina can sell her soul to Satan or whatever she needs to do.  I died...  Somewhere.  I was ambushed by some Gilled Shamans and they Howled my ass into dead.

Anyway, the game's okay so far.  The character designs and general feel of the characters somewhat disappoint me.  More than once I have almost called Yuki Fayt.  The game looks too much like Star Ocean III or FFXII.  I would have preferred the more cartoony style of the first two games.

The opening song is the worst thing ever.  It sounds like Ashlee Simpson.  And Ashlee Simpson has less talent than my shit.

Why is Miranda Yuki's mom?  She looks 18 years old.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2006, 10:00:34 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Disgaea.

Code:
Took a break from power levelling.  It's taken me two years to get this far, another while longer won't bother me.  :P

... Why the fuck is that a spoiler? :P

Nearly done with AI. Just about to fight the final boss.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2006, 10:30:54 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
... Why the fuck is that a spoiler? :P

Code:
A wizard.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2006, 10:46:26 PM »

... Sigh. Whatever. :P

Beat AI. Then it locked up on me before the credit roll, despite being set to japanese. Almost feels like finishing a book or something instead of a game. Going to go and use a lens cleaner and try again.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2006, 10:58:21 PM »

Finished Tales of the Abyss

Tales of the Abyss > you.

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2006, 11:13:08 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Finished Tales of the Abyss

Tales of the Abyss > you.

Addendum: Tear = TotA... therefore, Tear > you. :P
---
Anyway...

Super Princess Peach -

Got to Wavy Beach 5-5. Just gonna build up the coins to buy stuff. I don't particularly need to get anything, since the game is really easy. It's just that I feel like doing it. :P

Tappy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2006, 11:31:32 PM »

Been playing more Grandia II. YES TWO. Now, going to confront some minigame.

Since Lineage C4 came out, I've been into that too, even with my pathetic lv 64 Plainswalker.

Formerly dreamer_fades.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2006, 12:35:51 AM »

... I beat the game a second time, after using a lens cleaner and turning the PS2 vertically, and it locked up again. Fuck this, unless there's some magical sure-fire solution on how to NOT get it to lock up, I'm done with this game. :P

Edit: Actually, in case anyone can help me... First of all, like I said last time, I had it in japanese. Secondly, for some reason right when th is lock up happened, the analog light on the controller went off. Lastly, it locked up right after
Code:
the fade to black when Klein and Lita were leaving Kavok, and looking over the cliff towards the town and Avenberry.

If you can't give any answers/suggestions as to how to get around the blackout, then I'd appreciate knowing if there's anything after that scene, and what it is. Thanks.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2006, 02:07:10 PM »

I finally finished the Cat's Eye mission on Robotech, which in my opinion, is harder than the last boss.

Anyway, onto .Hack.

Since I stopped on the second game about a year ago, I started playing the game all over again. I've forgotten most of the story, so I might get to the end of disk 2 and use my old file, where all my characters are like, level 50 (As I recall, you can beat the game at about level 40).

Code:
Got to the part where Elk asks me for my bracelet. Events like this in the game kind of irritate me, since it feels like a filler episode if I had to compare it to an actual show.

I heard they're actually considering making an online version of The World. Anybody heard something similar? :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2006, 03:23:01 PM »

I'm an idiot, so I went and beat Atelier Iris again, this time with VA completely turned off... And it worked. Unfortunately, I tried a bunch of side quests and I /still/ haven't opened up the bonus dungeon. I'll try to do a few more, but if those don't work... Bleh. :P
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2006, 03:46:17 PM »

Code:
Grandia III - We're at Arcriff Temple now. After genius Yuki broke the plane he just got off OMG SCHMIT ~^_______^~. As we suspected, Miranda and Alonso both left the party for good it seems. Though *I* suspected LOL SPOILERS MIRANDA DIES. :P

LUNAR RIP OFF SHOP MUSIC.

Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2006, 04:57:54 PM »

Capcom VS snk2, groan. More Burn Knuckle.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: