Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 01:39:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329411 Posts in 13493 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 44484 times)
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2006, 04:59:57 PM »

Grandia III - Just beat the boss battle with Kornell and Violetta. Holy crap, what a fucking cheap fight that was. I ended up going back to the Baccula settlement to buy healing spells for everyone, and training for a couple of hours, getting skill levels up and recharging Drak's orb just to even have a chance of being able to beat them after losing something like three times to them previously.

Everyone leveled up twice from the fight. :P

And now I'm just sitting on the EXP screen waiting for Losfer to come back home, so he can watch the story segment with Yoat as well. :|

Code:
The golem things that look like they're from the orginal Grandia fucking suck.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2006, 05:34:57 PM »

And he returns just in time after buying mint Suikoden I and II for 5.99 CAN each.  :P

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2006, 05:48:47 PM »

Still plodding along in Wild ARMs 3. I just go the
Code:
freakin' mecha-dragon spaceship.
This game is awesome.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2006, 08:37:37 PM »

Forget what I said about playing Radiata Stories. Shadow Hearts: From the New World got here, so I'm going to play that instead. :P

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2006, 09:23:12 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
And he returns just in time after buying mint Suikoden I and II for 5.99 CAN each.  :P

Nice job man. I dont need to say just what a lucky son of a bitch you are. In honor of your great luck, I shall undertake a replay of Suikoden 2 and maybe I will try and do the stuff with the spys and beat the game quick.

Grandia 3- I just got to Melc and killed the boss. Going to pick up right there after I type this.

A note on Suikdoen Tactics: the game is hard. Maybe I suck balls at it, but I refuse to lose a single character in my SRPGs. If I am like 99% done with the map and they dont die forever, like in a heated boss battle, I can live with that. This game shows no mercy and goes right for the kill evey time. I cant play this one on the side, it needs my full-time attention. So back to the shelf it goes.....

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2006, 10:54:29 PM »

Finished .Hack//INFECTION with a time of around 9:35. Finished the game around level 24. Goddamn, the last boss was hard. I used about 10000 HP worth of healing items. Though, I probably would've used more than that if I didn't run out of healing items. It didn't take long for it to degenerate into me reviving Blackrose and Mistral over and over while I stood really far away. I hope they kill the trend of jumping from a level 18 boss in the second to last dungeon to a last boss that's like, level 35.
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2006, 12:08:13 AM »

Digital Devil Saga Just picked up an extra cycle game so I can go back and complete the mantra grid on heat and argilla, and of course get all of those hidden bosses I missed in my first play. Currently Grossing a mass amount of Vital Noises from Arahabaki's.

Katamari Damacy Just made a 90% completed Corona Borealis.

Baroque Ive been reincarnated about 50 times and have made it to the 15th level of the nerve tower, how much progress I have made is unknown however.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2006, 12:31:56 AM »

I've been playing a few games lately.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

I'm on my way to get the wind element. This game feels very short, and I'm not sure if I'll actually finish it.

Red Alert 2

Me and my friend have been going head to head the past week or so on this.

Silent Hill 3

I just got out of the mall. This game is fucking scary, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2006, 01:09:27 AM »

Really want to play Grandia now. Since I made a comment about the golem things in the game earlier, and as soon as I say that, Losfer comes in and flashes a NTSC copy of the game in my face.

(We have my PAL copy of it but we can't play it lol !)

Working my way through Alundra now. In some kind of crypt thing. The retardedness of the puzzles remind me of Legend of Oasis.

Really wanna play s'more Saturn/PSX action RPGs that are basically 16-bit but with a few crappy polygon effects here and there.

blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2006, 05:43:24 AM »

During the next few days we'll be a lot of people sharing the same passion ;)

I get rid of all my other games and I switched for Shadow Heart: From the New World :D

I'm in the Grand Canyon. It's not that far in the game yet.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2006, 12:16:13 PM »

Grandia III -  I just started this last  night and only got an hour into it.  It is a beautiful game.  I also like the fact that the NPCs have a lot to say.  The shout-out to Back to the Future was funny too.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2006, 02:38:45 PM »

Playing more into Boku no Watashi no Katamari Damacy (JP) - got to the stages where I'm going for more than five minutes.  There's no stages so far that are "go from 5 cm to 1000m" like in the console KD, but that's good, as you're never more than 10 minutes, so far.  It's got awesome pacing for a portable, I will give them props for that.

Waiting on Tourist Trophy to come in.  I will savor it.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2006, 05:15:30 PM »

I bought Tales of Phantasia and played it for about half an hour last night. No clue on what to say about the story or anything. I thought it was kind of bold to kill off a whole village right at the beginning of the game though. The battle system is surprisingly fun and I can see a lot of where Tales of Symphonia's battle system came from. My only real gripe is I can't understand some of the VA stuff.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2006, 08:06:34 PM »

Grandia 3- Getting real close to the end. My characters are in the level 45 range. Kinda sucks I hve no idea what the hell is going on in the story. I know where to go and everything, but for some reason my TV speakers like to mute the VA, like its coming only out of the rear speakers of a surround sound system, so I am kinda clueless.

I have decided that I am missing some old school action from my RPG diet, so I am breaking out the SNES for a playthrough of Lufia 2. I figure one SNES and one PS2 RPG should balance me out.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2006, 01:36:02 AM »

Became the Offical Azerothian Griffin Knight today. Gained a couple levels and hoping to get ready to do a Dread Mines run tomorrow with Dagg and Darkrider. That is if my manly Night Elf can keep his dick out of sexy little Darkrider's mouth.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: