Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 10:51:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331339 Posts in 13569 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 45117 times)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2006, 01:45:31 AM »

Quote from: "Haven"
Quote from: "Losfer"
And he returns just in time after buying mint Suikoden I and II for 5.99 CAN each.  :P

Nice job man. I dont need to say just what a lucky son of a bitch you are. In honor of your great luck, I shall undertake a replay of Suikoden 2 and maybe I will try and do the stuff with the spys and beat the game quick.

Thank you, sir.  I was going to sell them at first, but I started up Suiko I and remembered all of these nostalgic bits from ages ago.  So I think we are just gonna keep em in the collection.  :P

Today I played a nice three minutes of Final Conflict, yahoo.

Then again, Myau started up Xenogears finally, so I am enjoying watching her play through that for the first time.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2006, 12:49:27 PM »

DQVIII = stupid fetch quests, monotonous music, and the same graphics EVERYwhere. Why do I contine to play this game?
I'm supposed to find some Moonshadow harp. I Had no idea where to go until, after zooming through a few towns, good ol' Yangus says it probably belongs to royalty. I'm now saved in Ascantha.

Does the music ever get better? or at least does the dungeon theme change?
Does the scenery ever change? Ice, volcanoes, or even some techy type stuff? maybe?

I like the game. I really do(for the characters mostly). It's just not wowing me right now, and for a guy who has to pick and choose his games VERY selectively I wonder if I should be playing something else until Suiko V shows up.

Then again, I should probably have put this in the DQ thread. Too late.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2006, 01:09:30 PM »

Sounds like it's not your type of game. There isn't any tech stuff....it's DQ. There is a small polar area, but you don't spend much time there.
ToxicTears

faeryll direcharm
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2006, 02:10:39 PM »

Recently completed SMT: Nocturne with the Neutral ending, then completed the Kalpas so I can get the True Demon ending. Probably gonna play through it at least once more before I get bored, I really loved this game.

Also started DQVIII, I'm around 30ish hours into it, just got to Baccarrat. I'm liking the game, but I'm not in total love with it like so many other people I've seen.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2006, 09:29:09 PM »

I started another random dungeon in Phantom Brave and leveled up a few of my characters. I want to get Marona stronger.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2006, 10:50:57 PM »

Grandia 3- I just saved at the ice village. I dont remember the man to be honest, as I dont really care. I just upgraded my gear and saved the game. Like I have posted before, most of the story is blank to me. I just want to get this over with.

Lufia 2- Just got finished with the Lake Cave. I will finish the dreaded flower puzzle this time and I will not smash 3 controllers in the process. (and still fail)

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2006, 11:05:19 PM »

Played Grandia III for about an hour today. Isn't it sad? I've had the game for like, three weeks now and I'm only seven hours in. Though I suppose it's even worse I bought Dragon Quest VIII back in November and haven't even played it yet...

Anyway, I just made it to Dragon Valley. ZOMG we didn't crash this time!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2006, 01:57:29 AM »

Started up Tales of Destiny II.  Keele is a cunt.  But the game is cool.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2006, 02:08:11 AM »

Yeah, so I kind of got pneumonia this week and got a free three days out of school. It's kind of one of those situations where you're stoked to lay in your bed and play videogames all day, yet totally not stoked at the same time, because you're barfing up lungs, and hallucinating that you're barfing after that.

I played the absolute shit out of Tales of Legendia, and finally got it done today. As much fun as this game was, I seriously just wanted to get it done. It just got so bland after the 5th chapter. But I guess I'm not done with it, since I still have to do the Character Quests. I really don't want to keep playing anymore, but at the same time, I feel that I'm obligated to, since it's part of the story. Can anyone tell me how long this extra crap is going to take me, or if the extra chapters are even worth doing?

I think Grandia III is up next, but I also have the new Shadow Hearts and Resident Evil 4, so I'm kind of torn between the three.
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2006, 09:03:15 AM »

I got ToP yesterday and well it's ok on the small screen but not the same as the SNES version, or I supose ROM. But still the same game at its core I guess. Didn't get very far. Just past the point where Cress gets sent back in time.

What I've been spending most of my gaming hours, which turned out to be my whole march break (so much for all the work I wanted to do in the studio). I'm about to go fight the Nihilo at the Obalisk. But before I takle that I've been doing lots of demon fusing. Man I love fusing. Seeing all those wicked demons makes it so worth while and so exciting. Probably just gonna be doing that, trying to complete my compendium and such.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2006, 11:29:58 AM »

I'm around 8 hours into Shadow Hearts: FTNW and it's fun, just not quite as engaging as 'Covenant'.  A few of the characters are just too bizarre and it seems that a lot of the humour is just 'copy and paste' from the previous games.  The judgement ring is always a pleasure though..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
rubenxce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2006, 05:24:38 PM »

I got 6 endings in GoC. 4 more to go to get the 10 endings and play every nation.  Got to the pirates ship on Y's PSP.  

I need to buy shadow hearts, oblivion, and suikoden  I need money >,<.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2006, 05:45:09 PM »

Played an assload of R&C3, 7 hours in. Pretty good, though I liked Jak 3 more.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2006, 10:18:03 PM »

Oh man, Tales of Destiny II is great.

Code:
Just got to Inferia.  What a bunch of narrowminded fools.  Their world could be destroyed, and they are too stupid to even listen to what we have to say.  Now they have declared war on Celestia.

I swear, if I was actually in any of these stories myself, I would be bitch slapping kings left and right.  Then let them to their deaths.  I have no time to help those who don't have time to listen.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2006, 12:46:46 AM »

Suikoden IV- For about 4 days (sometimes leaving it on a fair lot) I have beaten the game and clocked in around 35 hours. I do not think its a bad game by any means, but in comparison to II and III, it was really thin though fun. I did the training center for a while and I managed to crush the final boss in simply three turns with all of my guys around lvl 90. Of course I got all of the 108 Stars of Destiny too.

I am confident that V will really redeem the series. I played the import a bit, but not much to say since I have no understanding of Japanese. March 22nd will be the judgement day for it if I am able to get it.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: