Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:47:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319719 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 42550 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2006, 01:46:13 AM »

I decided against playing the extra chapters in Tales of Legendia. I'll do it later.

Resident Evil 4 - This game is so damn cool. I really don't know why I waited so long to get it. Only played about three hours, and just got to the place near the house where Ashley is captured I'm guessing (the graveyard with all the shootable blue disc things). Honestly, this game is scary. Not in the sense that I'll piss my pants, but in that I'm constantly afraid that I'm going to get my ass raped by a group of zombies.

Grandia III - I played this one for about six hours after I dipped my feet into RE4. I now realize how much I missed the Grandia battle system. Can't find anything I hate about it yet, other than the fact that my skills never upgrade...but whatever. Big dungeons. Lengthy boss fight(s). Cool characters. Long NPC conversations. So far it's all that and a bag of chips.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2006, 08:12:24 AM »

Galaxies is starting to get a lot more fun post-NGE with the jetpack working, commandos wreaking havoc with lava cannons and rocket launchers, and Jedi going apeshit with Force Run. I'm level 61, but that Mustafar quest is becoming a "when I get around to it" as I'm enamored in space missions as well as Overt battles with huge groups of Rebels and Imperials.

This game may have been a lot more fun before, but it's starting to regain some of that luster, according to a lot of people who are still playing since Pre-CU.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2006, 09:43:29 AM »

Can anyone tell me how long this extra crap is going to take me, or if the extra chapters are even worth doing?

Yeah I know you moved on already but I'll answer this anyway.  I finished the game at 65 hrs so it's about as long as the main quest.  I found that the character quests were better than the main quest.  There is no VA in the second half but that was a plus in my book since Shirley is in the party now.  The second half ties up the loose ends, like what happened to Stingle.  Anyways, if you liked the characters and want to see what happens to them then yes play it.  But if you don't give a lick about them, then don't do it.  

Grandia III -  5 hrs in, I'm on the ship and I met Ulf.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2006, 10:34:48 AM »

I finally beat the first slippery ice level in Phantom Brave. I might start Chrono Cross becuase I got the discs from my brother, which is my game but he forgot that it was mine and I never beat it before so I'll probably start a new game today or be patient and wait until I beat Phantom Brave.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2006, 09:02:03 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
I finished the game at 65 hrs so it's about as long as the main quest.

Wow. That's a lot I'm missing, then :P

As I said, I'll do it later. I liked the game, I just don't want my backlog to get too big.

Resident Evil 4 - I just finished the part where you and Louis have to fight off that swarm of zombies in that house for like....10 minutes. That was freaking hard :P

Grandia III - Didn't do much with this one, even though I played for about two hours. I just got to Mendi, and have to wait for my plane to be built.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2006, 09:44:04 PM »

I got to Guldove in Chrono Cross. I went with Guile as the guide into the manor because I forgot that I could have had Nikki or Pierre lead me. I chose not to save Kid so I could get Glenn.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2006, 10:23:41 PM »

Grandia III - I'm at the exact place Sketch is, doing the same darn thing.

Currently Reading: 

Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2006, 12:13:13 AM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
Resident Evil 4 - I just finished the part where you and Louis have to fight off that swarm of zombies in that house for like....10 minutes. That was freaking hard.

Wait 'till you play it in Professional, or the first village part for that matter.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2006, 01:01:31 AM »

Suikoden V - This game is great, but it's really easily exploitable in the beginning. A couple of high level characters join your party for like five minutes, and their armor is not locked on, meaning you can pretty much strip them of everything and give all the best stuff to Hero and Lyon, which makes them practically invincible for the first few portions of the game. Items are also impossibly expensive. Normal magic rune orbs cost 6000-7000 potch, which balances things out, I guess. They were too cheap in the previous games. The unite abilities are pretty badass, as well. Lyon/Hero's unite may not be as awesome as Jowy/Hero2's, but it sure comes close. Hot damn.

Aside from easy exploiting (which I have reason to believe was intentional), the game is really great. The battle system is an improved version of 2's and the characters are really well developed - even better than 2's because you have more choices and the characters are all voiced and developed brilliantly, particularly Lyon. Georg is also badass.

This game is like the best parts of past Suikodens rolled into one. III and IV's cinematic storytelling and I & II's battle system/engaging story.

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2006, 02:45:50 AM »

Started on the new Shadow Hearts. Only a couple hours in so far. I really love its in-game jokes and light-heartedness. Need to finish it rather quickly since Suiko V is coming out next week.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2006, 11:41:24 AM »

Grandia III - Just arrived with Alfina at the temple.  On road to the temple, I felt bad about killing the poor sheep, but I did it anyway or the experience, items, and money.

Currently Reading: 

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2006, 01:33:51 PM »

DQVIII - I finally got the boat. Is this the halfway point for this game? I'm already at 38 hours. Characters range from 23 for Jess and Ang to 25 and 26 for hero and Yangus.

Suiko V is next week? I thought it was the 28th. Damn. I may have to ditch DQ for that.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2006, 01:37:05 PM »

Yeah, it's about half way.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2006, 01:38:28 PM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"
Suiko V is next week? I thought it was the 28th. Damn. I may have to ditch DQ for that.

Yeah, apparently Konami moved it up a week so as not to come out on the same day as Kingdom Hearts II.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2006, 02:24:27 PM »

What!  You've got to be kidding me.   I haven't pre-ordered it!  I'm not ready!   I don't want to make trips to the mall every week.

Currently Reading: 

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: