Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 10:00:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327947 Posts in 13430 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 44054 times)
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2006, 04:59:36 PM »

Shadow Hearts: From The New World:
I'm on my way to the
Code:
Garland family mansion.
Seems like the story is really picking up speed again, after a bit of a slump with too much ruin exploration. Still enjoying the game a whole lot, but what the hell did they do to
Code:
Roger's
voice? The new voice actor is dowright awful and don't fit the character at all.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2006, 08:32:24 PM »

I just bought Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (Limited Edition), which looks to be damn good. Sadly, massive history papers leave me no chance to play. Box art is pretty cool though (and for those of you who are still able to pick up the LE but don't like the box art, the red box art is just a cardboard box, the normal game is still on the inside with normal box art). I'll probably be superflat online, so if you see me say hi.

Oh, and it's official: This year is my year of the backlist. I have roughly 10 games to get through that I own (including SO3 and DQVIII), so hopefully I'll be smart enough not to buy too many more games.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2006, 12:45:30 AM »

Grandia III.

Code:
Wow, Titan Gigas Dickheads or wahtever they are are shit.

We are on disc two and need to level up.  Just saw Hect's flashback to when Emelius and Raven unsealed Xorn.  The game feels like a Grandia game now.  Probably cause it has some Grandia II relatable bits.

Just dislike how generic Yuki is.  And the whole OMG PLANES EQUALS METAPHOR FOR FLYING FREE ^_____^ is really fucking childish.

Suikoden.

Code:
In Rockland before fighting the bandits.  Kanaan is a fat cunt.

Although I have my Fortune Rune now.  And a good 40000 bits.

Final Conflict.

Code:
I have been playing the same fucking battle for nights.  The one in SFII where you fight the Prism Flowers.  Well, now we have sandworms whom cast sandstorm all over the place.  Yuck.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2006, 01:15:40 AM »

Methinks you take your games a bit too seriously.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2006, 01:46:13 AM »

Wtf, Ash.  How so?  :P

[EDIT]

Oh, the cursing.  :P

Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2006, 03:20:09 AM »

I had a little free time today so I hooked up some old systems and had myself a good old fashion Castlevania Bash. I beat 1,2 and 3 on the NES, Bloodlines on the Genesis and finaly 4 on the SNES. Someday when im feeling a little nostalgic ill have to go back and give the rest a whirl.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2006, 12:25:36 PM »

Grandia III -  People weren't kidding when they said the music in the desert town was the worst thing ever.  I muted the tv while playing last night.  Currently, I'm wandering around in the desert.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2006, 02:44:42 PM »

Only played Grandia III for half an hour or so today. Managed to restore my SP and then entered the final dungeon to quickly defeat Omega Breed.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »

A friend of mine loaned me a copy of Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams and I think it's the best entry in the series yet.  Great gameply along with interesting customizable characters and a good story.  If I had to say anything bad about the game it would only be the spotty A.I. but it's mostly just an issue in boss fights.  Great Game overall.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2006, 10:29:08 PM »

So I'm stalling on SMT: Nocturn for a bit while I finish up ToP. I'm now just finishing up the Morlia Mineshaft. I don't think I have ever gotten this far in this game. And I thought the boat scene was hilarious anyways regardless of the 'dumbing down'.

As far as Nocturn I...
Code:
.... 'saved' Takao in the Obalisk and am now gonna do more demon fusing since I now have more room in my party. The story is picking up really crazy now. I think I'm also gonna tackle the laberenth a bit more.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2006, 12:06:43 AM »

I played a bit more of Resident Evil 4 today, but hardly got anywhere since I kept dying. Over and over again... I don't know what it is about this game, but it's freaking hard, and I am admitting that I completely suck at it. I guess it has been a long since I've actually played an action game like this. I'm way too used to RPGs....

That said, I still think this game is incredible. It's cool how nothing seems stale so far, even though I've been blasting through the same types of enemies for the whole game thus far.

Code:
I just got into chapter three, inside that castle place outside of the town, where all those crazy monks are chanting. I turned it off after Ashley got taken away by people I didn't even see :P

Anyways, I think the part I spent the most time on today was the little ski-lift thing. I really don't like losing a lot of health at once, so I kept getting frustrated at constantly getting hit with the zombie dudes' little projectile axes. Tough like jerky.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2006, 01:39:34 AM »

I semi-watched Myau play Sly 3 while I wrote Space Metal songs about Phantasy Star.  :(

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2006, 09:38:52 AM »

Completed Shadow Hearts: From The New World.

Got my replacement copy of Radiata Stories the other day, so will probably play that next, if I don't decide to spend some time on getting the Good ending in From The New World.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2006, 10:14:58 AM »

Final Fantasy XII - Just finished my first boss battle. Gameplay is boring, but presentation blows me away.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2006, 11:44:15 AM »

Grandia III -  I finished talking to the desert guardian and got back to town.  Nothing particularly exciting happening now.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: