Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 12:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341060 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 47034 times)
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2006, 11:55:34 AM »

I've gotten two of the things lighten up in Fort Dragonia in Chrono Cross. I was about to do a 3rd when I was owned by a giant blob who destroyed me with his Iceberg attacks that were almost consectutive and for some dumb reason X-Strike, which is a red element only did 13 damage to a blue innate boss and it's a Double Tech...
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2006, 01:46:04 PM »

Hey look at that, I actually made it to the second disc of Grandia III. I'm currently at Femuto's House, just before you enter some badshit place the guardians destroyed.

Damn the names in this game are so forgettable.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2006, 04:01:01 PM »

Been play a lot of MGS3:S, both offline and online. Roughly 3/4ths of the way through Snake Eater, and played enough of the online to unlock the Rumble Roses characters - the 50 hours listed on GameFaqs is a lie. :P
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2006, 04:35:26 PM »

Digital Devil Saga 2- Really making alot of progress on mastering everyones mantras. Median level is 56 and my main party has almost all of the 100k priced mantras learned. I am just hanging out in the first room in the airport where you can have an encounter. I am getting alot of Sakura and Jasmine drops, which are worth 37,500 and 60k a pop.

Everquest 2- still messing around with the classes to see what I really liked. My extra voiceovers and such just finished downloading, so I am about to try the evil side.

Shadow Hearts 1- I also started a replay of this when I got sick of killing the same three mobs in DDS. I got to the end of this and stopped at the final dungeon last playthrough. I am going to take my time and really get everything in this pass.

Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2006, 05:33:58 PM »

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

I hate Fleamen. I really hate Fleamen.

In only about 2 hours I think I have figured out the big spoiler of the game. Don't tell me if I'm right, but I think

Code:
Soma is Dracula

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2006, 06:07:01 PM »

In Chrono Cross I now just got to the Dimensional Vortex and after I recruited Sprigg, I quit because I decided to take a break. That boss fight I complained about was easy the second time because he didn't counterattack me with those slaughtering Elements because I didn't use any red on him.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2006, 06:37:44 PM »

More Grandia III. Entered the final dungeon and now saved before this short hallway full of enemies. I'm supposedly pretty close to the final boss fight. Can't say the game has gotten any better in the meantime, despite a good number of cutscenes.
Code:
That Emelious all of the sudden ends his pitiful insanity trip and comes to his senses only to let that old geezer stab him and complete Xone was as uninspiring as the rest of the story. Seeing that the old jerk previously spoke may be half a dozen sentences in the entire game, that scene was yet another example of the utter lack of character development in this game.

Sakura Taisen 1&2. I only played 15 minutes or so into Sakura Taisen 2 to get a first impression and see whether the game works. It probably will take some time until I get used to those dated graphics again. What kinda bugs me is the lack of a new save feature. To keep the standard system which only allows you to save at certain points during a chapter is not exactly the most convenient solution for a handheld system.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2006, 08:12:12 PM »

I'm around 23 hours in Grandia III, and am in some giant cave that supposedly leads me to a
Code:
Verse Sphere that I can use to get back to the real world.

I'm seriously getting tired of enemies giving out crappy experience points. Why the hell am I still fighting enemies that give out less that 200!?

The battle system is still freaking awesome, even in Dahna's skill list sucks ass. Although, I've finally realized how strong magic is :P
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2006, 09:02:15 PM »

Shadow Hearts: From the New World -

Got both the good ending and the bad ending. I was more fond of the bad ending, to tell you the truth. And I hope they make a 4th installment, that follows up on it. :P

Anyway, overall, this game was a very good experience. <3

Going to start my second run-through now.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2006, 11:40:13 PM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
I'm seriously getting tired of enemies giving out crappy experience points. Why the hell am I still fighting enemies that give out less that 200!?

The battle system is still freaking awesome, even in Dahna's skill list sucks ass. Although, I've finally realized how strong magic is :P

Don't worry, the boss of the area your in is easy as hell and has the potential to give you enough experience to level all of your characters multiple times. Just keep letting it spawn enemies for as long as you're able.

Agreed on Dahna's skill list sucking. And, yea, magic is teh awesome. I fused some eggs and extracted the Galactic Bang spell (I think that was it's name) which flippin' owns everything.

As for me, I'm at the Nautica Ruins. I'm very glad to be out of the Verse Realm because the enemies there were giving me trouble, especially in that last cave with the bitches that attacked three times in 10 seconds! I enjoyed the respite killing sheep and bunnies on the Nautica Plains though :D
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2006, 01:10:44 AM »

Finished MGS3 again and started on MG1. Holy crap, this game hasn't aged well. :P
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2006, 08:09:29 AM »

Shadow Hearts: From the New World -

Forget what I said about starting a secord run of the game. I forgot that I didn't finish the Purgatory. I think I'll get started on that, in a bit. :P

And I also gotta figure out what the hell to do with that Shield Crest that Lovecraft gave me, after finishing all the pitfights.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2006, 09:36:29 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Finished MGS3 again and started on MG1. Holy crap, this game hasn't aged well. :P

Neither has Tales of Phantasia.  :P

Well, it's okay.  But it feels like your generic SNES RPG.

...Everything is so brown.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2006, 12:41:59 PM »

Dammit I left my PS2 controller at a St. Patrick's Day party so I didn't console game all weekend.  I did manage to pick up the soundtrack/artbook for pre-ordering Suikoden V.  I listened to it at the party and one of my friends started singing "The Sign" from Ace of Base.  I don't know what track it is, but it really does remind me of that song.  

Anyways, since I have no controller, I've been PC gaming.  I decided to finish up The Moment of Silence.  I have no clue what is going on since it's been like a year since I've played it.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Scree

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2006, 07:55:39 PM »

Finishing Shinig Tears then going to restart Star Ocean 3 because I never finished it and have no idea what's going on anymore where I last saved.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: