Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 02:03:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331681 Posts in 13580 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 45200 times)
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2006, 07:57:50 PM »

Trudging through FF8, I dunno why I am, it's so dull. On disc 2 somewhere.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2006, 11:30:44 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Quote from: "Eusis"
Finished MGS3 again and started on MG1. Holy crap, this game hasn't aged well. :P

Neither has Tales of Phantasia.  :P

You're telling me...

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2006, 11:46:58 PM »

I played a few more hours in Grandia III.

Code:
I just got to the part where the crazy bird-hunchback guy attacks me....and then escapes the battle like a punk...after I used my Guardian Orb attack that takes forever to charge up. So that was pretty lame.

Anyways, I sort of take back what I said about Dahna's skill list sucking, at least for one skill anyway. Dancing Cards + Critical = Win. Otherwise, she still sucks.

@Jimmy - Those bastards in the final cave were hard enough to be mini-bosses. I shudder to think how a battle with two of them would go :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2006, 12:24:29 AM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Quote from: "Eusis"
Finished MGS3 again and started on MG1. Holy crap, this game hasn't aged well. :P

Neither has Tales of Phantasia.  :P

I'd say ToP's worse as far as aging goes, despite MG1 being older. The GBA port reportedly is piss poor, and it's a battle system that, like much of tri-Ace's other stuff, is a great idea that has significant flaws that need to be worked out.

Finished MG1, and started MG2. Outside of some complaints, such as frequently getting spotted right as I'm about to hide while it's in Alert status, this has aged much better than 1 has, and makes for a good 2D Metal Gear. Just wish the people who made the manuals weren't retarded and included all necessary information. :P
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2006, 12:35:05 AM »

You guys are mad. ToP is a great game. Then again not many people liked ToD and I loved that too.

Anyways got past Dhaos' castle. Sometime the encounter rate can be annoying. Yay for holy bottles.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2006, 12:39:38 AM »

A game can be great but have aged poorly. ToP just suffers from the same problems that plague other tri-Ace games; they have amazing ideas but when they put them in, there's some mind numbingly stupid flaws in them that are simply baffling. Mind, I only played the SNES version, so I don't know how much was fixed from that to the GBA, but I heard the battle system is slow as hell for starters.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2006, 01:13:19 AM »

Quote from: "Cowboy"
You guys are mad. ToP is a great game.

Not for GBA it's not.

Between the shitty gameplay and the piss poor translation ("Ragnarok" = "Kangaroo" WTF), the GBA port is total ass.

The PSX version is fine though.

Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2006, 01:38:30 AM »

Ahh I supose but unfortunatly for me Ash, I can't read Japanese. Shit I'd love to import ToD 2 and the ToP for PSX if I could. I can see your point but it hasn't aged badly for me as I haven't played the PSX or SNES version (well except illegaly). So for me it's kind of new and untained in a way.

Something to be said for a little ignorance sometimes eh.

Edit: I haven't found the battles to be that slow really, in any way. Certainly not uber fast paced but not slow either. I like it just the same.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2006, 01:46:48 AM »

I wouldn't say that playing it on the SNES or PSX would ruin it for you - I'd say playing ToE and any game afterwards would ruin it.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2006, 05:52:40 PM »

Yea, those running bitches in that cave really sucked.

I played for a few hours and finally made it back to Baccula where I spent about half an hour fusing mana eggs to get uber spells and to get awesome eggs to equip on everyone. Since I keep my magic specialized for each character, i.e. Alfina uses only water magic, it wasn't hard to do but at least now Yuki will be able to do damage when he uses magic.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2006, 12:16:04 AM »

@Jimmy - Why are you only giving one magic element to each person? Isn't that a waste, considering how many magic slots you have?

I don't know. Right now I've got two elements per person, each person with a lvl 9 egg with maxed out meters for the two elements they use. That way, I get two people with overlapping elements:
Alfina - Water/Wind
Yuki - Wind/Fire
Ulf - Fire/Earth
Dahna - Earth/Water

Anyways, I just went into the Vargas (?) Jungle, and for some reason, I'm getting my ass kicked by the monsters, especially those dang chameleons. I've also been trying to upgrade all of my skills.

It feels so freaking great to get three skill upgrades in consecutive battles :P
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2006, 11:23:13 AM »

Grandia III -  I finally got my controller back and played a bit.  I'm in Heckt's house in the verse world.  I missed a bit of the dialogue when I entered the town because I fell asleep.  :(

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2006, 06:44:33 PM »

Beat MG2. Think I'll start MGS again soon.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2006, 11:28:02 PM »

Got Crime stories today.

I have a backlog of computer games and decided to finish off one of them.  I'm officially done with The Moment of Silence.  I enjoyed it despite the horrible contols.  Anyways, the story makes up for it since it's one that makes you think about matters beyond the game.  The whole game reminds me of 1984, Big Brother stuff.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2006, 12:31:59 AM »

A couple of days ago I decided to go back to my old Final Fantasy IV Advance save, despite not knowing what the hell I was supposed to be doing.

Actually managed to beat it this evening. And this being my first and only time beating FFIV, despite starting the SNES one about five times before. :P

Will probably go through and have a go at the post end game bonus dungeon, since preparing everyone for the core was kinda fun.

I swear Zeromus looks like a fucking R-Type boss.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: