Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 10:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 45861 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2006, 01:38:06 AM »

Five out of five 'Fanners agree; Suikoden V > you.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2006, 01:47:11 AM »

Meh.  I'm not impressed.

Oblivion > Suik5.

Started Metal Gear Ac!d 2.  Much faster paced than the first one, I'm happy for that.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2006, 01:50:55 AM »

I finally got through that freaking Vaji Forest in Grandia III. Was I the only one who was getting my ass kicked repeatedly by the enemies in that place? I didn't die or anything, but geez, it's pretty annoying when six invisible chameleons all attack you with Howlslash at the same freaking time...

Code:
I got to the Malc Castle place in the sky, and beat the first boss battle in there on my second try. He was the only thing thusfar that actually gave me a gameover :P
So yeah, the second time around took me like, forty minutes. I had forgotten how it felt to fight something for that long...
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2006, 02:28:05 AM »

Started Suikoden V,  2 hours in. About to leave on some trip. I'm loving it.

Seiken Densetsu DS: Children of Mana - 6 or 7 hours in, in the ice themed dungeon. My guy kinda sucks, so I need to level a bit. This game is basically Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles minus everything that is NOT a dungeon but for the DS. Meh.

Also started the third Shadow Hearts, but am putting it off till I finish Suiko.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2006, 08:27:14 AM »

Played a small amount of Suiko V. I kept trying to move the camera. It's going to take a bit to get used to the perspective, and lack of a camera, but I definitely like the look so far.
The intro was kinda "eh".
I welcome the old style of battles back with open arms.
Music seems to be good, especially what I heard on the cd.

BTW John, I've learned that I have the exact opposite taste in games as you. Oblivion would probably put me to sleep in 2 minutes flat.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2006, 11:21:47 AM »

I wish so badly that I could play Oblivion.

To compensate I bought Jak X instead :P It was cheap, so I thought, why not? It's good fun so far, better than I actually expected.

When I go home in a few days I have Drakengard 2 and ICO waiting for me, which I'm looking forward to.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »

Wow you  haven't played ICO yet?  It's such a good game.  I think I got an extra kick out of it since the guy kind of looked liked my brother when he was young, i.e.  same hairstyle and clothes.   The only problem is that I got motion sickness when playing.  That's a big reason I haven't played Shadow of the Colossus and many other non-rpg games.  Yeah, I know I'm missing out.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2006, 06:57:43 PM »

I've been interwebless for a couple of days because our DSL modem died. So I played a lot of Grandia III. I'm currently in Melc and about 26 hours in. I also got the skill that gives you more experience equipped and my characters are nearing level 40 which makes me happy.

I also bought Metroid Prime: Hunters and just finished the first boss.

And since we have a new modem I can now get online with the DS anytime I want. I played some MarioKart online as well as one game of Metroid online. Damn fun.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2006, 10:25:04 PM »

Digital Devil Saga 2- I am still playing this everyday for about an hour and a half. I am just killing monsters in the airport still. I have roughly 2.5million and almost all the 100k price mantras mastered. I really wanna make sure everyone gets maxed out and I will get all the side bosses as well.  Going to take awhile though....

Shadow Hearts 1- Just got to Shanghi. I love the fact that this game really isnt that long. I will make sure I get all the extras this time, as I rushed it and didnt finish the game last time.

I am getting the urge to play Star Ocean 3. I havent gotten far in it yet, so I can start over easy. I need to beat alot of my game before I can buy anything else. I hope I can stick it out, as I want Suikoden 5 pretty bad. I will make myself beat 3 and 4 before I buy it though. I have a Suikoden 2 save file with a twinked Suikoden 1 save, so I can use that for 3. Anyone who loves Suikoden keeps it going...^^

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2006, 12:32:09 AM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
@Jimmy - Why are you only giving one magic element to each person? Isn't that a waste, considering how many magic slots you have?

I only have it like that so I don't have to think about who has what spell during battles. And I prefer to have every spell available even if I rarely use it.

I'm still in Melc, running around like an idiot.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2006, 01:03:01 AM »

Hmm, to each his own I guess :P

I got out of Melc a little earlier today, then trained for about two levels on the Desert Lord. I don't feel like going to my next destination. I mean, this dude gives out a lot of experience (like, 4,000 per battle).

Oh, and Jimmy, where'd you extract/get that skill? That'd be pretty nifty to have...
Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2006, 03:30:42 AM »

Beat Mario RPG again.

Started Lufia 2, but I don't think I'll follow through.

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2006, 09:32:13 AM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
Wow you  haven't played ICO yet?

I've always wanted to, but it was damn hard to get hold of a PAL copy for a reasonable price. Now it's been re-released here, and I got a copy for 15!

Jak X - A couple of the modes suck, like the Freeze Rally, but generally this game has a lot more variety than I thought, and I'm really enjoying it. Of course, today will probably be the last time I play it for quite a while, with two RPG's (well, kind of) waiting for me at home.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2006, 09:37:54 AM »

Oblivion
I played a Nord Knight for 10 hours before deciding that taking a heads-on approach to all combat situations was a bit dull, so I rerolled as an Khajiit Adventurer (custom class - focusing on stealth and magic). Am now having a blast breaking into people's homes and murdering them in their sleep. I haven't touched the main storyline at all so far, and I think it'll be a long while before I do. Murdering the innocent is a lot more fun than saving the world.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2006, 09:43:17 AM »

Grandia III - I'm in the cave in the verse world.  I'm contemplating hanging around there just to level up.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: