Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 04:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338398 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 46505 times)
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2006, 10:19:12 AM »

I'm sick of all the games I own, and RPG's in general for now, so I bought devil may cry 3 SE. It's basically the same as every beat em up ever made....don't really see what all the fuss was about.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2006, 01:02:52 PM »

....You're kidding right?

Lets run down the list as to why DMC3:SE is so good.

Dante = Badass
Virgil = Playable
Style System = GREAT.
Story = Hey....actually has one!
Difficulty = Just hard enough on each setting to provide a good challenge.
Pumps Opium into your veins = yes it does.
Length = I spent a good 25 hours the first run through it.

Daschrier....if you dont like DMC3....then just stop playing Action games. They dont get better than it. Well maybe God of War, but it's just too short for me.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2006, 01:20:19 PM »

Please....streets of rage, final fight, those were kickass beat em ups. DMC is basically the same thing with more outlandish moves and better graphics.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2006, 02:24:35 PM »

Okay then by that logic all RPGs are like the original Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest but with more outlandish moves, better graphics, and a better story.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2006, 04:35:02 PM »

So today I went to pick up my check and said to myself, "Okay, I'm going to go get my check, cash it, pick up Metroid, and then head to the bookstore and get 'Thank You For Smoking'."

Yeah, that didn't work out.  Got my check.  $50 more than I expected, so I say I'll get one more game.  Went to EB.  Got Metroid.  Preordered Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy.  Went to Fry's.  Got Jump Superstars (J-DS).  Got Initial D Street Stage (J-PSP).  Stupid fucking Fry's carrying stupid imports.  Went to book store, got "Thank You For Smoking".  At least that part went to plan.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2006, 04:57:35 PM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"
Okay then by that logic all RPGs are like the original Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest but with more outlandish moves, better graphics, and a better story.

I never said it was a bad game, I guess I just was expecting too much, no need to get all bent out of shape :)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2006, 07:34:17 PM »

I wouldn't really compare DMC3 to games like Double Dragon, but that's probably just because the gameplay's significantly deeper - probably like how I wouldn't compare Metroid to Contra. It's an excellent game, but admittedly isn't a giant leap over DMC1 (never played 2, and it's presumably much better than that). It probably didn't help I got RE4 on the same day as that, which shoved DMC3 away for a few weeks.

This will probably sound stupid to most of you, but I decided that, over Radiata Stories, Growlanser III, and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, I'd... Go play SuikIV, since SuikV just came out and I want to get it soon. Enjoyable enough, but definitely inferior to all the previous Suikodens and seems to be bulldozing ahead story-wise without any proper development.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2006, 08:42:17 PM »

I finished Nibiru: Age of Secrets today.  It's a third person point and click adventure game.  I really enjoyed it.  I didn't run into any pixel hunting or off the wall puzzles.  Everything can be done without consulting a walkthrough.  Though there were a few puzzles that it took some time to figure out.  I highly recommned this game to point and click adventure lovers.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: March 25, 2006, 12:26:22 AM »

A few months ago, I had an urge to replay Final Fantasy IX, so I did. I got to the third disc to find that I have a problem with my disc. I found a new copy the other day, so I have resumed my file.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: March 25, 2006, 05:20:51 AM »

I'm now in Surmania in Grandia III.

Code:
I'm at the save just after the death of Raven.

I love the battle system for this game, but wow, I really don't care about the characters or the story. If this game had been released 15 years ago it would have been fantastic story wise, but by today's standards it is severely lacking in that department.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2006, 11:17:55 AM »

Currently about 1/3 of the way through Suikoden V.

Code:
I'm about to go investigate the imposter bandit prince.

This game keeps raping my pocketbook, I don't have enough money to upgrade more than one character's equipment.

rubenxce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2006, 03:23:57 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Currently about 1/3 of the way through Suikoden V.

Code:
I'm about to go investigate the imposter bandit prince.

This game keeps raping my pocketbook, I don't have enough money to upgrade more than one character's equipment.

I found kinda weird way to make money. Its not quick but it works. For some reason the fishing mini game, when you are fishing instead of getting fish you get pots. These posts the good ones sell for 50k potch.   Also I decided to finish the game and restart it to get the 108 SoD.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: March 25, 2006, 06:47:36 PM »

I just got home from the mall. I traded in every non rpg game I own to get Suikoden 5. I ALMOST got Oblivion, but I took Suikoden 5's side, so it better not let me down.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: March 25, 2006, 07:39:15 PM »

I made it to the end of Surmania expecting to finish the game and the game didn't end! aldsk;fjasd;fljads;fjads;ljf

Just killed the Omega Breed boss at the beginning of, I'm hoping, the final area.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: March 25, 2006, 09:37:02 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Quote from: "Losfer"
Quote from: "Eusis"
Finished MGS3 again and started on MG1. Holy crap, this game hasn't aged well. :P

Neither has Tales of Phantasia.  :P

You're telling me...

Ooh, nice review, Ashy-Kun.  I agree with what I have seen so far.  Which, uh, isn't much.  :P

Anyway, popped out ToP and popped back in my game of RotDD.

Code:
I spent many hours tonight trying to kill the Laser Eye, get the Laser Eye card, get the Silver Knight card, finish the last battle with Narsha, and get the Soul Eater card.  This was hindered by the fact that Zuika's defense is shit.  And Anri's is just as bad.

But I finally killed the lot of them and got all my cards.  Most of my characters are around level 12, so I am gonna be promoting them within the next three battles.  I don't want my stats hindered like last time when I promoted everyone at level 20.  Yikes, that was bad.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: