Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 06:52:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319062 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 42403 times)
Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2006, 11:09:08 PM »

Final Fantasy IX

Man, When I first played through this game when it first came out, I must have really rushed through it, cause I'm not remembering a lot of it.

Code:
Just watched the FMV of Garnet cutting her hair off. Off to Ipsen's Castle.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2006, 12:54:09 AM »

Crime Stories -  It's okay so far.  I don't like the interface too much, especially after playing Nibiru.  The text speed needs to faster but there isn't an option for that.

Grandia III -  I don't feel an impetus to play this game.  I really need to play a game where I want to rush home and play.  Anyways, I'm headed to the dreaded jungle everyone talks about.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: March 26, 2006, 01:27:57 AM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
I made it to the end of Surmania expecting to finish the game and the game didn't end! aldsk;fjasd;fljads;fjads;ljf

Just killed the Omega Breed boss at the beginning of, I'm hoping, the final area.

Code:
After you fly through the little swiss cheese hole in the sky? Yeah, that's the final area :P

Alright, so I played Grandia III for 11 freaking hours today. For some odd reason, I was really, really into it today. I decided to turn it off after beating the game. I felt that it was a good stopping point :P

And just curious, from those who thought the final boss was unreasonably hard, what the hell was tough about him? He wasn't easy, but he definately wasn't 'break your controller' hard. My heart was pounding the entire way through it, though.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2006, 06:09:22 AM »

Shadow Hearts: From the New World -

56 hours invested. I finished absolutely everything I could do. Got everyone's final weapon/armor. Got everyone's special accessory. Finished everyone's sidequests.  Got all the Stellar Charts and Stellar Magic. Etc, etc.

The only thing left to do, is to get everyone to level 99. And level one more of my Fetishes to level 5. I'll do it in my second run though, since I want to have the good ending and the bad ending in the same clear file. :P

Suikoden 5 -

32 hours invested so far. I'm at Sable.

This game is very, very awesome. And I'm actually liking it a bit more than Suikoden 2.

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: March 26, 2006, 10:21:55 AM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"

Grandia III -  I don't feel an impetus to play this game.  I really need to play a game where I want to rush home and play.  Anyways, I'm headed to the dreaded jungle everyone talks about.

Suikoden 5 will make you call in sick to work for three days. This game is the polar opposite , story wise, of Grandia 3. I cant say enough great things other than to get to the store ASAP and get it!

Rindu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2006, 02:40:02 PM »

Still Playing DQ8.  This game is so fun!

Code:
We just defeated Empyrea.  Tough fight.  the clock is at 83 hours(!), but that's mostly because my girlfriend keeps falling asleep while playing

Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: March 26, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »

Quote from: "Rindu"
Still Playing DQ8.  This game is so fun!

Code:
We just defeated Empyrea.  Tough fight.  the clock is at 83 hours(!), but that's mostly because my girlfriend keeps falling asleep while playing

I clocked really high hours into that game as well, minus the girlfriend falling asleep. Lots to do. I'd love to play through it again.

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2006, 01:30:09 AM »

I played Shadow Hearts: FtNW all freaking day today. This game is incredible so far, and it's so good to be playing a Shadow Hearts game again, because like with Grandia III, I had forgotten how much I had enjoyed the series' games in the past.

I love it how Shadow Hearts gives you tons and tons of fetch/sidequests like there is no tomorrow. I mean seriously, I have no clue how I'll be able to remember all the crap that has been presented to me. But from what I can tell, there is/will be a ton of replay value to be had, whether it be collecting and trading monster snapshots or making a freaking movie in Purramount Pictures.
And the characters are great, although I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that Mao is a hardcore mafia gangster. It's just plain ridiculous :P

Anyways, I smell a winner.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2006, 09:07:40 AM »

Suikoden V:

Code:
Just got to Lordlake for the 3rd time and saw the doctor there. Also, grabbed Toma and then I saved last night because it was 2 o clock in the morning. Wow this game does a good job of playing up emotions and making you either hate or love characters. I absolutely love Kyle, Lyon, the Hero, and Sialeeds, and I hate the Godwins and Euram and Lord Barows. I was greatful for them after the events at the Sun Palace, but after last night's revelation, boy do I not like them.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2006, 09:46:57 AM »

I started ICO. Didn't play too much, cause I have a cold and was finding it very hard to concentrate. I liked what I played though, I can tell I'm going to like this a lot.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2006, 11:30:50 AM »

Despite purchasing Suiko V, I decided I needed to continue on with DQVIII. I am now in Baccarrat(sp?), around 40 hrs or so on the clock.
I'll be picking up KHII for Nan tomorrow, and that will severely cut into my game time. When she gets into a game, she stays up late and hogs the tv/ps2 for herself. Makes me happy to see her enjoying herself, but my games are stuck in limbo for a week or two. We'll have to try and find a happy medium somewhere.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2006, 12:18:31 PM »

Grandia III -  I'm in the Melc ruins in some room consisting of circles.  The first fight that happens when entering the ruins kicked my but twice before I decided to use Yote's orb.  That thing worked like a charm.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2006, 09:33:02 PM »

My turn to finally contribute to the game journal.  I'm playing the Hirameki Interactive DVD "Tea Society For a Witch."  So far, despite the cutesy appearance, it has a lot of sexual tension and perverted humor in the dialogue.  Very much on the level of Ranma 1/2.  

Yes, it's a Japanese digital novel (aka a choose-your-own-adventure style game) that Hirameki translated into English.  

I'm digging the music.

I approve of this nonsense!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2006, 12:01:01 AM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
And just curious, from those who thought the final boss was unreasonably hard, what the hell was tough about him? He wasn't easy, but he definately wasn't 'break your controller' hard. My heart was pounding the entire way through it, though.

Yea, I just finished the game and I actually found the last boss to be one of the easier ones in the game. Emelious was much harder. It was a very anti-climactic final boss battle, IMO.

The ending also left a lot to be desired, though really the whole game did as far as plot and characters are concerned. But yea I found myself not caring the game was over. I didn't even bother watching the credits.

Fun game, but really needed some help as far as actual story goes. Alfina was nearly enough to make me turn the game off and never play it again, but I persevered against her wicked VA and nonexistent character development!

I think I'll be taking the game back to GameStop when I go pick up Kingdom Hearts 2 this week.
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2006, 12:18:15 AM »

Nearing the end of ToP... I think anyways. The last castle has a point I can't get by unless I have some sort of item, I guess. Haven't had the chance to go look for it yet. I might just try a few of the side things first. Man I love Tales games and personally found this one to be one of the best. I kind of miss these style graphics too. Makes me wanna replay ToD.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: