Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:08:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334759 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 45799 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: March 29, 2006, 10:52:17 PM »

I'm trying to get some cash for KHII, but things aren't going so well. Ah well, it's not like it's going anywhere.

Shadow Hearts: FtNW (22 hours)

Code:
I just got to some island village place after beating the boss in Machu Picchu. The only thing that bugs me in this game so far, is that I find it really odd travelling to new places, because on more than one occation, I've found myself completely lost, and don't really understand the signifficance of why I am in that particular place. Like the Carribean Pirate place. I still don't undestand why I wound up being held hostage there, when I was supposed to be going to some other ruins on a completely different continent. And the village I'm in right now. I found it funny how the village chief sent her grandaughter to come find me, on an entirely different continent :P

Still fun, though I wish there were some sidequests I could do. I want to solve more math problems in New York :)
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2006, 01:48:48 AM »

Yay KHII is finally here. Went to pick it up at EB and also decided to pick up the Shadow Hearts game. So for now I'm putting Nocturn and ToP on hold until I beat KHII. Only thing I hate about that is I always run the risk of not knowing what I was doing when I left off in those games. Oh well.

Got past the intro stuff in Twilight Town and am now onto Hollow Bastion.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: March 30, 2006, 02:34:36 AM »

Suikoden V

Awesome game defanitely in the same league as 2. Recruited a whole lot of character though I still cant tell how many characters I got. I like to switch around characters alot so I have no main team.  I am about to head to Doraat for my next story event.

Tetris DS

Tonight I succesfully pulled off 999 lines in marathon mode and really felt like I accomplished something. Right now my right thumb really hurts after this crazy marathon, I didnt want it to end so I put it on sleep mood and charged the battery.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: March 30, 2006, 07:44:43 AM »

Finally got a bit bored with Oblivion, after 40 hours of play over six days. So, I'm now playing Suikoden V, which arrived at my doorstep this morning. I'm only one hour in so far, but I'm really liking what I see. The cast of characters is instantly likeable, there are hints to a possible betrayal by one of my partymembers and there's already been a bit of political intrigue with the two factions within the senate. I'm also very, very pleased at the quality of the voices - most have been really excellent, even if Lyon's voice is a bit too high-pitched. I'm not having any big problems with the loading, even if it tends to break up story sequences in an awkward way sometimes (text dialogue -> loading -> spoken diaogue -> loading -> text dialogue etc).

So yeah, I'm glad people talked me into buying Suikoden V.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: March 30, 2006, 11:25:41 AM »

Installed Oblivion and it works really well.  There isn't any lag or anything.  I spent forever with my character design.  I tried to make the character look asian but ended up with a pretty black woman.   Unfortunately I realized I picked imperial instead of a redguard which is better for the combat intensive characters I like.  So I started over and ended up with an asian looking woman.  

I then spent a whole lot of time figuring out what class I wanted.  I ended up making my own and probably will regret it later like always.  I have blade, block, armorer, heavy armor, marksman, sneak, and restoration as my major skills.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2006, 12:35:29 PM »

I'm doing various missions for the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and Fighters Guild in Oblivion.  Most missions go off without a hitch but the Dark Brotherhood quests are starting to get rather difficult to pull off if you want to get the 'bonuses'.  I also found a money glitch that I plan to abuse a bit so I can afford a house to store all my crap.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: March 30, 2006, 12:41:43 PM »

I'm to Beast's Castle in Kingdom Hearts 2. The Mulan world was pretty fun, but the game does have one thing that annoyed me about the original. That being the characters in the worlds hardly develop, and what development is there is shaky. Mulan as Ping was worthless, but once she changed her clothes she turned into a fierce fighter. That's a great way to develop the character...

Boss fights are still fantastic.
Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2006, 03:06:17 PM »

Suikoden V

Not exactly sure what my next destination is, but I just recruited Kyle and Josephine.

Edit - I'm close to 20 hours, and I think I've played this game 3 times tops lol.

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2006, 08:37:06 PM »

Suikoden 5 is kicking ass. Things are really starting to pick up and I am really getting sucked into this story. I didnt get far in Suikoden 3 or 4, so I may have to backtrack a little bit after this one.

Oblivion makes my videocard cry, so I have to put that on hold for a few.

I also re-rolled a mage in WoW. My chick begged to start it back up and she has this way of talking me into anything...

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2006, 09:13:26 PM »

Fuck you all, I'm still playing Suiko I.  :(

Code:
Odessa died.  Mathiu is a cunt.

And SF: RotDD.

Code:
In chapter 5.  Just saw Adam.  About to finish the battle with the worms.  I will get Hanzou this playthough, God damn it.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: March 31, 2006, 12:22:30 AM »

Just made it to the Coliseum in Kingdom Hearts II.

Where the Mulan world was bland and not really entertaining, Beast's Castle was a huge improvement...and it had some badass boss fights.
Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2006, 02:20:59 AM »

Suikoden V

I'm far enough now that the Prince has his good outfit. Gotta try and fix Lordlake now.

Rindu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: March 31, 2006, 04:22:18 AM »

Taking a DragonQuest break, and played a little bit of Phantom Brave: fun but COMPLICATED

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2006, 08:19:02 AM »

Suikoden 5 -

Finished the game with all 108 stars. Clocked over 78 hours.

After fighting that pushover of a last boss, I've decided to stop using Belcoot and Viki. I feel like I'm cheating everytime I use them. :P

This was one of the most wonderful experiences I have had in awhile. <3

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2006, 10:56:02 AM »

Quote from: "Dizzy"
Suikoden 5 -

Finished the game with all 108 stars. Clocked over 78 hours.

This was one of the most wonderful experiences I have had in awhile. <3

Wow, 78 hours? Is the story really that long? I am enjoying every second of this game, and to know that I can get that much out of it makes me a very happy panda.

Speaking of which, I just finished my first naval battle.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: