Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 03:36:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341136 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game journal yeah whoo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Print
Author Topic: Game journal yeah whoo.  (Read 47067 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: April 06, 2006, 11:13:59 PM »

*COUGH*OMG TWO SAVE DATA*COUGH*

Edit: To add on what Eus said....

I have a cleared save data for EVERY PS2 game I have completed on one card....in addition to second and sometimes third playthroughs. Frankly there should never be an excuse for not having a backup save.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2006, 11:22:53 PM »

Sketch - if it weren't for the fact it's generally common sense to make a seperate save for clear data (or overwriting a save you don't care about), and the fact both SH1 and 2 did this, I might sympathize with you. As is... Well, what Dade said. :P
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: April 07, 2006, 12:17:13 AM »

Fair enough :P

I'm not really one to make extra save files though. The only one in recent memory that I've made was for Radiata Stories, since the story split in two different directions.

I normally wouldn't let this bother me, but it's just that I kind of got blindsided, and was actually looking forward to doing the extra junk. But I suppose it's all fine, since I read that you need to play through the game twice to really get everything anyways.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: April 07, 2006, 12:39:32 AM »

SF: RotDD - ...Levelling.

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: April 07, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »

Almost lv20 in WoW. I keep dying alot though. Then I think back to all the instance runs when I was a warrior and how many times alot of my mage friends died. My chick said I am doing my job if I am getting the shit beat out of me. It means I am doing alot of damage and getting alot of aggro. Now I need some self-control!

Suikoden 5- On my way to Sable now. I tried to be hardcore and not use a FAQ, but I caved in. 32 hours in and I am not even half-way done. This game rules.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: April 07, 2006, 10:36:56 PM »

I started up Suikoden V today. Man is this game bland...

I got to the part where

Code:
I have to help Shoon, the little gladiator kid, investigate some mysterious voices in the prison....

The voiceover people do a really great job, and the story is okay, I guess, but to tell you the truth, I was bored from the start.

Maybe it was so boring because I only fought about ten battles or so? :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 07, 2006, 11:01:45 PM »

Most of the bad I've heard about Suikoden V there was that it just takes awhile to build up. But once stuff starts up, it's huge.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: April 07, 2006, 11:25:17 PM »

Yeah....though the second the Sacred Games are over the game becomes easily one of the best RPGs I've played in a couple years.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: April 07, 2006, 11:49:50 PM »

Got tired of levelling up my guys in RotDD and Myau made me start Dragon Quarter.  Eeghads, it's really fun so far.  Then again, I always get good first impressions.  I mean Jesus, Myau fell asleep ten minutes in.

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: April 08, 2006, 04:53:16 AM »

Suikoden V
Just arrived in Estrise, on my way to meet
Code:
the Island Federation Representative.
I feel the story has slowed down a bit after I got my new headquarters.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: April 08, 2006, 09:48:52 AM »

I closed the second Oblivion Gate in the main quest way faster than I did with the first one since the guards with me didn't die. I hate traveling now that I'm a vampire and might take the time to get the cure.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: April 08, 2006, 11:43:27 AM »

I got the "OH GOD I ONLY GOT 107 STARS NOW SOMETHING FUCKED IS GONNA HAPPEN" ending in Suikoden V.

Code:
Lyon dying and the Prince holding up his hands with both the Twilight and Dawn Runes on them as tears run down his face beats everything for most heartbreaking scene. This game has a lot of :( story twists.

I have over 7 million potch and 30,000 Party SP, and an inventory full of awesome shit. Time to go through again and get all 108 stars.

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: April 08, 2006, 02:22:31 PM »

Suikoden V
So yeah, I take back what I said about the story losing speed. I just
Code:
attempted to "kidnap" Lymsleia,
and now stuff is really starting to happen. This game just keep on getting better and better.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 08, 2006, 08:46:02 PM »

Got the top rank in the Fighter's Guild in Oblivion at 60 hours of gameplay. Will deal with the main quest, try to buy all the houses, then probably call it quits for the time being unless I get an urge to deal with the other guilds.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: April 08, 2006, 09:14:27 PM »

Suikoden V -

Code:
I finally got out of the whole Sacred Games thing, and now have to go get Lym blessed by something...so she can go do another thing, and then get married.

The story is actually pretty cool so far (definately better than what I was playing yesterday), and I'm liking how my conversation choices impact stuff. Although, I feel that everytime I pick a certain choice, I end up pissing someone off :P

Another gripe: This game is easy.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: