Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 08:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338008 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Hockey Playoffs Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Hockey Playoffs Thread  (Read 10626 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 06:12:01 PM »

Spens in less than an hour on CBC.

Oh yeah. Shut Crosby down, please.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 10:12:04 PM »

Quote from: "kyuusei"

Is it like how Canucks fans hate on Iginla? lol Does Alfie do really well against the Leafs?

No, not really. I just hate him. Come to think of it, so does everyone I ask, including some Ottawa fans.

A lot of Leafs fans are all gung ho about their team until they get eliminated from the playoffs and only then do they admit how much the team sucks.

'TUCKER IS THE BEST!!!!!'

*elimination*

'TRADE TUCKER!!!!!!!'

Or at least, that's the Leafs fans out here anyway. I know like two that are better than that, but still.

Oh, Leaf fans get totally behind the team all the time. Just, around here, we'll freely admit they suck. I often argue with people who say they suck solely on the fact that most people refuse to admit that they aren't the worst team, despite the fact that even in the two years they've missed they playoffs, they've only missed them by having a team beat them out by one point after their last game.

And as for Tucker, he needs to go period. He's not done a whole hell of a lot. No, now, some people are calling for Sundin to go (or at least people I know,). Frankly, they're crazy. He's been carrying the team, and the rookies are finally being broken in. The new wave is Stajan, Steen, and Coliacovo, and if they play like they were by the end of the season next season, the Leafs may make the playoffs.

Still, I don't see them winning a cup, or even making the finals for another two or three years, if at all in the next while.

Quote from: "Lard"
Ottawa will probably beat Pittsburgh - and then choke against Toronto.

Yes, the Sens are very good at choking on Toronto. Which is the reason I give them a chance this year, with Toronto being out. It's the Leafs who put them out 90% of the time.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 01:01:39 AM »

Sundin went into a couple slumps this season did he not? That's why I heard some Leafs fans harp on him this year I think. Maybe he's getting old. :P I dunno, Leafs fans seem to have a love/hate relationship with him too. It kind of does sound like the Sens fans with Alfie.

(So glad we're not like that with Iggy...)

You guys could probably use better goaltending. XD There's some good young guys though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 01:16:43 AM »

DUCKS WIN, 2-1!

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 08:58:35 AM »

Sundin went into a couple slumps this season did he not? That's why I heard some Leafs fans harp on him this year I think. Maybe he's getting old. :P I dunno, Leafs fans seem to have a love/hate relationship with him too. It kind of does sound like the Sens fans with Alfie.

(So glad we're not like that with Iggy...)

You guys could probably use better goaltending. XD There's some good young guys though.

Yeah, he didn't score in the last 19 or so games. To be fair, he was under a lot of pressure, because that goal would tie him with Daryl Sittler for goals scored as a Leaf, or something like that. And he was injured for a good chunk of the opening end of the season. That's why everyone rags on him so much, though they completely fail to mention that even if he wasn't scoring, his assists didn't slow down in the least. As for him getting old, that's true. :p But it's also everyone's main argument for getting rid of him--"He's too old, trade him while we can get something good for him,"--completely ignoring that Gary Roberts is three to four years older, and teams were scrambling for him at the deadline.

Goaltending? Yeah, there could be an improvement. Raycroft did a whole hell of a lot better than people give him credit for, considering he's not exactly starter quality, and yet he registered 37 or so wins in 70 games played. His games played broke records, I believe, though it may have just been a Leafs record. Still, there could be a definite improvement.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 10:25:38 AM »

Yeah I think it was just a Leafs record, cause Brodeur played like.... 78 games this season or something like that.

Geez, 19 games, that's a lot. (And to think, some people worry if Iginla doesn't score for...five games. XD)

Um....a letter to the Canucks and Stars? FOUR OTS IS TOO BLOODY MANY. *grumble*

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 12:20:11 PM »

mmm.  I love hockey OT.  Though 4 is a bit much if it isn't a crucial game.

Sucks that the canucks won.  oh well.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 10:11:43 PM »

Geez, 19 games, that's a lot. (And to think, some people worry if Iginla doesn't score for...five games. XD)

Yeah, it was pretty bad. I just can't understand why people are calling to trade him. It's not like he was playing worse, or getting less chances, or less assists or anything. He just didn't put them in the back of the net. I can think of at least three times in the last few games, in fact, where his shots were tipped for goals. He wasn't dragging the team down in the least--he just helped more than led when it came to goals.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 03:18:34 AM »

It'd be weird if Sundin got traded anyway. Just like it'd be weird if Naslund, Iginla, or Koivu got traded. :P

Yeah. So. My team shit the bed tonight. Didn't bother to wake the fuck up until Kipper got run by Dan Cleary.

Cranky me.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 01:19:56 PM »

OTTAWA WON.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 04:51:05 PM »

Go Sharks!    Though I do like Paul Kariya.

As for the other teams I like, I'm a huge Devils fan.  Actually a more accurate description would be that I'm a huge Brodeur fan.  I also like the Ducks and Sabres, but the Sharks trump them all in my heart.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »

I am simply amazed at how many people actually pay attention to hockey. Maybe it's a Seattle thing, but I can barely watch a game.

At any rate...go Canucks? (Pacific Northwest represent!)

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 05:18:09 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
I am simply amazed at how many people actually pay attention to hockey. Maybe it's a Seattle thing, but I can barely watch a game.

At any rate...go Canucks? (Pacific Northwest represent!)

I think it's where we're from, Dade.  You come from a place where it rains all the time.  I come from a place where there is no such thing as precipitation, and no such thing as cold - neither are places where Hockey seems to shine.  But for some reason, I love any sport that has preset rules for fighting, and it's only a penalty.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 06:45:57 PM »

There is no NHL hockey team in my state either.  The nearest team is the Stars.  We do have a minor minor hockey team in town.  According to my friend the team here is a feeder for the feeder for the Sabres.  So yeah, the hockey team here is very popular.  It's more popular than the baseball and football teams which is surprising since it is the South.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007, 07:48:54 AM »

It's just a natural thing in Canada - it was always on TV in the winter at my house.

And the kids on my street always played street hockey in the winter too.

Just ingrained in the system.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: