Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:11:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334691 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Why not: all time favourite RPG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Why not: all time favourite RPG  (Read 11737 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2007, 10:04:08 PM »

... What was the point of quoting him when he posted right above you, /and wiping his message/ when you could've skipped that and still have made sense? Man, whatever.

I'd say Chrono Trigger's also about as flawless as FFVI, maybe more deserving of being described as such. People bitch about the game losing aim at about the halfway poing in VI, but I think it's arguably one of it's best and most unique traits, that it's still not rail roaded plotwise and lets you gather back up everyone you want. Chrono Trigger however seems to handle this better. A bunch of endgame sidequests to expand on the plotlines and even bring a character yet, but it isn't borderline mandatory and you can't really say the game lost it's focus when you could've just skipped that stuff and gone on to the Black Omen/Lavos, and still stand a pretty good chance at winning.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2007, 10:08:43 PM »

Dude, it took up a whole two lines... chill. It's just a habit, I guess. Not to mention, in longer threads, it can be confusing as to whether you're talking to the person right above you or not.

Anyway, sure, CT and FF6 are both pretty damn close, in my book, so I'm not gonna argue. I also happen to think that FF9 is pretty flawless too, possibly even more-so than CT and FF6. After that, it's pretty subjective... hell, all of this is subjective, at least partially.

The only objective thing is my opinion, which is better than yours :P

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Kishou

kishou_91@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2007, 02:46:36 AM »

Dragon Quest VI & Chrono Trigger
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: