Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 07:12:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319687 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Introduce yourself here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself here  (Read 8416 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2006, 02:05:52 PM »

A community is nice, but is better when we're knowing each other :D

RPGfan is a great place. It's the only forum I truly enjoy hanging around. So I知 just eager to know more about everyone!

What about your age?
Are you a guy or a woman?
Where are you living?
Do you have a picture of yourself?
What are your doing in life? Job? Hobbies?

PS: mods, it could be nice to stick the subject, isn't it :)
Gilga

mmmdugger1@wmconnect.com mmmdugger1 gilshrine
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 03:08:38 PM »

Sure, why not.

What about your age?

I'm 15, and I turn 16 on October 18th.

Are you a guy or a woman?

Uh... *looks down*.  I have a dick, so apparently a male.

Where are you living?

I live in Pearcy, AR. USA.

Do you have a picture of yourself?

No.  For better or worse.

What are your doing in life? Job? Hobbies?

Well, I attend school, so that's mostly it at the moment.  I don't have a job yet, 'cause I'm not 16.  I still look around since a few places hire at 15 around here, but uh, I'm not goinig to clean dog shit or clean toilets at Magic Springs.  

My hobbies would be music, video games, computers, history, and guitar.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 03:19:32 PM »

Sure what the hell.

21 years old.
Male.
Riverside California, a hell hole of pollution and green housing effects.

Currently trying to get my driver's license, kind of a silly complicit story of why I'm 21 and still don't have it. I was discharged from the Airforce due to extenuating circumstances and have since been trying to get my life working again--to no current avail.

I've been accepted into ITT Tech where I plan on attending Networking Technician or Criminal Justice classes. Perhaps in time, both.

My real only hobbies are collecting music as I am an avid audiophile, collecting video games and anime, and being a (somewhat) intelligent jerk online. Enough to irritate people, but smart enough that they can't insult my intelligence.

It doesn't always work.

I also have a huge penis.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 03:54:19 PM »

I suppose it's been awhile.

I am 31, married, and have a 5 year old son.
I work in the landscape industry(#'s guy)
My main hobby is tearing the shit out of my yard to do more landscaping.
I'm also rather fond of finding projects for the inside of our home as well.
Video games, books, and movies round everything out.
I live in Joliet, IL. (SW burb of Chicago)
The only pic I have of myself is 3-4 years old. I don't feel like finding it right now. Shaved head + goatee = evily handsome.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 04:03:38 PM »

I知 living in Shawinigan Falls (Qu饕ec, Canada). I知 just an ordinary guy among many others. I知 now 28 years old, and luckily I知 still looking young so I guess I have plenty of time ahead of me to exhaust my dreams :D

I'm pretty pacifist. I just love to make plenty of friends and I rarely find an occasion to dispute with them.

I知 currently working in the gaming industry as a producer. I知 both starting my own company, and working for another company. After working like a crazy guy, I finally earned my first true salary, not the biggest one though, but it does help.

I have plenty of hobbies. I enjoy composing music, writing and drawing. I like watching movies, playing videogames and reading.

In other word, I知 a pretty common guy.

I知 100% Caucasian but strangely everyone think I知 Latino. Maybe I have Indian blood, who knows :D

Here some pics of me I'm using on MSN;

http://www.blossomsoft.com/karvboy/elderp01.png
http://www.blossomsoft.com/karvboy/elderp03.png
http://www.blossomsoft.com/karvboy/elderp04.jpg
http://www.blossomsoft.com/karvboy/elderp05.jpg

besides, my MSN is karvboy@hotmail.com if you wish to kill time. I'm pleased to meet all of you!
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 04:27:06 PM »

I'm 20 years old and male...I think*checks* yeah its all intact.

I go to school at Penn State University Park and I currently have a place off campus, but my home is in NY.  Out on LI about 20 minutes outside of Queens.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/~brn5000/PSU%20Pics/PSU.jpg

Thats me last semester, since then I've gotten 3 peircings and a tattoo...and also lost a peircing due to infection.  As I said before I'm attending Penn State for engineering and that is my life right now....oh and I've been studying korean on the side which has been fun.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 04:32:49 PM »

I'll leave the sticking or non-sticking to DR or John. Not my call. Historically we've not been favourable towards introduction threads, but that's largely due to how everyone posts their own individual topics.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 04:50:37 PM »

23 year old male, currently living a student's life in Uppsala, Sweden. At the moment I'm re-taking some high school classes that I failed the first time around (for a variety of reasons). When I'm done with that, in a few months time, I'm hoping to move on to a University where I will study either philosophy, theology, psychology or history. I'm not quite sure which one, yet, as all the topics interest me great deal.

When I'm not studying or playing games, I'm hunting for a job. Unfortunently it's increadibly hard to find work when you don't have any previous experience, and when the unemployment rate is 8%.

(I hope I got all the names for the various stages of schooling right, by the way. Your American words for them still confuse me.)

My main interests, outside of RPGs, are anime, books and music, and I have a not-so-secret dream of one day learning japanese.

I have tried a lot of creative stuff over the years (writing, creating music, computer programming), but I always come to the same sad conclusion that I don't have a creative bone in my whole body. I wish this wasn't so, as I have a great interest in, and love for, art, music and the written word.

This two year old image is the newest one I have of me.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 04:53:39 PM »

20 years old (21 in a couple months).
Male.
Currently residing in Berkeley, California (for school).

Hobbies include basketball, video games, books, movies, etc.
Don't have a job since I'm too much of a lazy bastard, even though I should.
What am I doing in life? Wasting my time and my parents' money so I can get a (quite possibly useless) piece of paper from my university. Also hoping that said piece of paper can help me get into grad school where I could acquire a more useful piece of paper.
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 05:25:33 PM »

26, Male, live in Piscataway, NJ in a basement apartment that is really quite spacious but with low ceilings (that I've gotten used to).

I currently work as a science/math teacher at a catholic school, as teaching is my profession.

I should have a pic, but am too lazy to link to it.

Finally, I enjoy gaming, reading, board/card games, music, and yeah, that's about it.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 05:38:06 PM »

Let's see here...

Just turned 17 a few weeks ago.
I'm a guy.
I'm still living in Newhall, California, which is where I've lived my whole life.
My digital camera is busted, so I only have old pics
 that people have probably already seen before.
I'm a kid at heart, so I still play my videogames and watch my cartoons. Other than that, I'm starting to get into music, which I havern't really been big on in the past. I enjoy writing, mostly short stories (although I've never really finished anything I've written). I'm also into art, although I probably won't go anywhere with it. On that note, I still have no clue as to what I'll be doing in the future, nor when I'll get off my ass and get a job.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 05:46:57 PM »

Jimbo is 21.4 and is also a male.

The most recent picture of me.

I live in a smaller but rapidly growing town called Lehi (pronounced "lee-high") which is about 25 minutes south of Salt Lake City, Utah. I live with my parents still but am hoping to be moved out this time next year, though I've been saying that for the last two years XD. But there is the problem that wherever I go my dog will also go and from what I've seen browsing around is most apartments aren't big on pets.

As far as what I do in life I am first and foremost an English Major at Utah Valley State College in Orem, Utah. When asked what I'd like to do with my degree I promptly answer, "Be a hobo." I guess you could say my goal in life is to reach a point where a job is no longer just a job, but something I enjoy which also most likely means grad school. What I want to emphasize in grad school is still in the air though.

Currently I work in the backroom of a Target store about five miles from home. I don't mind it most of the time, and they definitely hear from me when I think I have been mistreated, but I make decent money there and it is too convenient for me to make me seriously think about quitting.

My main hobby is reading (English major, duh!). Though I don't tend to stick to any specific genre, I guess you could say I enjoy classics the most. Of course I also play video games, though RPGs aren't my true gaming love which is sidescrolling/platforming/shooters like the Megaman series. As far as music goes I tend to listen to bands that emerged in the early to mid 1990s during the punk revival, even when some of those bands have moved into the "post-punk" era (Green Day and A.F.I.) I still listen to. I don't really care for the more recent post-punk bands like The Used or My Chemical Romance and tend to refer to bands like them as being, "Shit-emo A.F.I. wannabes." Finally, being raised in a rural area, I really enjoy the outdoors. Whether it be hiking, horse riding, rafting, hunting, etc. I most likely enjoy it if it is outdoors.

That is all!

EDIT: Oh, and since other people are doing it and I'm a trendy bitch, I've been coming to RPGFan for about 3.5 years now.
ToxicTears

faeryll direcharm
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 06:04:04 PM »

Ok here goes. I'm 31. No wait, I turned 32 in December. Ok, I'm 32*cringe*.

Female, married, kids, the whole nine. I stay at home with them instead of working outside the home. One of my kids gets a disability check, and if I went to work, I'd lose the check, so it wouldn't really be worth the money to time lost ratio.

I enjoy rpgs obviously. I read a lot. Mostly general fiction and murder mysteries/thrillers, but I've been branching out into fantasy more lately.

Outside of my family, I don't really have much to do, so you'll find me quite often lurking around forums like this one.

Oh yeah, I live in a pretty average town in South Carolina where nothing much goes on worth talking about.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 07:14:12 PM »

My real name is Dave (I would say call me by it but we already have one), I'm 18 years of age, live in England. Half of the year I'm in London, half of the year I'm in the ancient town of Winchester at university, where I'm studying Creative Writing and History.

You'll often see me posting poncey poetry in the Imagination Sanctuary, because I am elite.

Picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/deg/CIMG0777.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm the none-Japanese guy :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 07:24:10 PM »

Your friendly neighborhood Nealy Boy is 27 (I turn 28 this May), male, and currently a doctoral student in Educational Psychology at Rutgers U.  My interests are in early childhood development and I want a career working directly for a school district.  I have decided that I do not want a career in academia.  I don't want to be stuck in the ivory towers in some warped little research world.  I want to use my education and talents to work directly with "the people."  I feel like my people skills, especially with children and young parents, would go to waste in the somewhat isolated world of academia.  Got my BA in 2000 at SUNY Albany in Psychology and my MA in 2002 at NYU in Ed Psych.

My apartment is a campus apartment in Piscataway.  I could scream at the top of my lungs and Damian could hear me.  We don't hang out enough.  But that's partially due to my crazy schedule.  Classes, studying, research, student organizations, playing in a band (Sullen Door, website in my sig; we have two shows in April), my part time job at an elementary school, writing/proofreading for RPGfan, and general house stuff (i.e. cooking, cleaning, food shopping, etc.) keep me extremely busy.  My main hobby is music, especially playing bass.  

But I love it.  My parents recently moved to Sicklerville, NJ (it's in south Jersey between Atlantic City and Philly) and I love it there.  I love it much better than north Jersey.  The food's better and the people are friendlier.  The folks also have a vacation home in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina and I'm seriously considering moving there for a job/career once I get my degree.  I love New Jersey and consider it home, but the high cost of living, high car insurance rates, and the harsh winters are no fun.  Also, I may have an easier time finding a good job/career away from the New York metro area where there is a glut of people with my kind of credentials and insane competition.  

The link to my bass gear page has a picture of me.  Click on the pic for a larger version.  The websites in my sig paint a more complete picture of who I am.  

Oh, and I've been a member of RPGfan since October 1999, been contributing reader reviews since 2001, and been on staff since November 2004.  My staff profile can give you an idea of my gaming biography... but recently Ever 17 captured the top spot as my #2 fave game of all time (#1's still Tetris.)  And thus, Infinity's replaced MegaTen as my #1 favorite series.

I approve of this nonsense!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: