Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 05:37:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331494 Posts in 13574 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Introduce yourself here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself here  (Read 9010 times)
Ruem

pccullum patrickcullum
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 07:35:06 PM »

I'm 23, male, and live in Austin, TX (Longhorns RULE, baby).

I work at a liquor store, which has got to be the easiest job in the world. Satisfying, too.

I enjoy reading, of nearly any kind of book. I soak up any historical information I can get my hands on, like a sponge. And I enjoy writing, as well as the occasional drawing. And, of course, I love videogames, RPGs for the most part, but I do kick serious ass in Madden, Virtua Fighter, SoCom... pretty much anything where shit-talking exists.

You often won't see me posting, because I don't much, unless there's something just too good to pass up. I sortta come in phases. This is my Fazz-less phase. Where's my Fazz, man? He looked so perfectly clueless.

--Ruem
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 12:08:34 AM »

My name is Losfer.  Or Richard.  Or Muntu.  I am almost 24 years old and I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Which is a shitty little Province in Canada.  We have cod.  And...  Shit roads.

I play guitar and piano and sing and write music.  Let's just say I /really like my music/.  And as any Metalhead would do, I have to list some of my favorite bands now.  :P  Iron Maiden, Ayreon, Edge of Sanity, Bloodbath, Primal Fear, Skyclad, and Impaled are just a few.  And I am sure that the list will be completely different next week this time, cause I am an indecisive cunt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Losfer/100_0781.jpg

That was taken awhile back on my excursion to England land.  More specifically, Sutton.  Myau Land.  Louise Land.

I like poutine.

And donairs.

I am going to be getting married to Myau sometime soon.  You know, cause I think she's pretty cool and stuff.  And, like...  Like!

Omg.  ^_^

My days are filled with slave labor at a shit job followed by playing guitar and playing games while pestering / being pestered by Miss Myau.

We have ten cats.  And more on the way !

I am a Phantasy Star fanboy and quickly becoming a Tales series fanboy.  Other fave games are Shining Force, Grandia, Fire Emblem, Valkyrie Profile, and Lunar.  Among others, etc.

I'm good friends with a number of people here and they're really the only reason I'm still posting here after three or four years.

I like to sleep and shit!  Not at the same time.

Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 12:26:31 AM »

I'm Richard. I'm 17 years old and live in Juneau, Alaska. Come and get me, net predators. I'm fucking ready for ya, you hear me!?

Anyway, I'm kind of cooling to RPGs these days, but I love this community so damn much. I've been "RPGfanning" off and on for about 2 years now.

I'm very pretty.

Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 01:48:22 AM »

I'm a 20 year old laydee from London, Britannia Land. My actual name is Louise.

I would be working in some sort of capacity as IT technical support, but I'm in Canada now. Well, "visiting". And I don't really have any idea when I'll be in a position to work again, but the most likely scenario will be when/if I get permanent residency.

As he already mention, me and teh Losfar are gonna get hitched at some point in the future. And thus my taking on of an extremely German (and power metal) surname, and opposed to my pretentious and French one. :O

Well... You can't get much more pretentious than Champ.

My domain name is algol-star-system.net, so I obviously somewhat like Phantasy Star. :P Though my other favourite RPGs are along the lines of Grandia, Shining Force, and random 16-bit Mega Drive action RPGs.

I like metal, but mainly the wankiest of the wanky progessive stuff. You know, the stuff that sounds like game music. Like Ayreon, Dream Theater, Nightingale, Liquid Tension Experiment, Star One, Derek Sherinian, etc. And if I'm not listening to that, I'm listening to my collection of game music that exceeds being reasonable in size. And that's just including the Sega stuff. :|

And as an example of my wankiness, a picture of me in the Star One shirt!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Losfer/3d8ad2a3.jpg

I don't post much anyways. I'm hideously anti-social, even on the Interwebs.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 01:58:47 AM »

I'm John.  I'm the boss around these here parts.  Been working for RPGFan for almost four years now, and started being the guy in charge of content about a year and a half ago.

I am most well known for this three or four-year-old picture of me as Mountain Dew Hat Man.  In more recent years, I've started to Shrink Wrap my head.

I write RPG reviews in my spare time.  Imagine that.  My favorite games are Fallout 1/2, Chrono Trigger, Civilization IV, and games from the Gran Turismo/Tourist Trophy series, as they come along.

I play the bass guitar.  I'm single as of this moment right now.  I'm fond of Midori and Vodka.  I build computers.  I don't take shit on these boards, and if you're stupid enough to break a couple of rules, you'll find yourself banned.  I drive a 2005 Mazda 3.  I have a Murky.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 02:40:38 AM »

Quote from: "V-Dawg"
20 years old (21 in a couple months).
Male.
Currently residing in Berkeley, California (for school).

Hobbies include basketball, video games, books, movies, etc.
Don't have a job since I'm too much of a lazy bastard, even though I should.
What am I doing in life? Wasting my time and my parents' money so I can get a (quite possibly useless) piece of paper from my university. Also hoping that said piece of paper can help me get into grad school where I could acquire a more useful piece of paper.

You go to UCB, too? Craziness.

Anyway, I'm a 22yo male currently residing in Berkeley, but originally from Daly City/South San Francisco area in California. I'm a psychology major at UCB and I'm about to graduate in May, and I must say I'm really excited about that-- I'm practically fed up with school. I'm planning on taking a year or two off to gain experience, and then maybe off to grad school I go-- of course this is all tentative and dependent upon whether I'd rather just work. Currently, I have a couple positions involved in research-- one of which has me working in a sleep lab watching people sleep and doing random labrat tasks like data entry... ugh... and I'm part of another project dealing with counterfactual thinking and decision-making processes in situations of uncertainty (it's not very interesting) doing data analysis. AND I'm a security monitor at the dorms, woo. -_-

If you're interested in an image, check out my blog and go nuts or something: slayde112.livejournal.com

I used to play video games incessantly, but nowadays life's always interfering with that. However, I do like collecting RPGs-- and since I never play them, I have the hugest backlog ever. I have so many games in pristine condition, it's ridiculous. Some other interests include trance music (I make my own monthly sets as a hobby, so if you're ever interested in checking a set out, lemme know), Filipino folk dance, reading, some anime, drunken clubbing/partying, movies... your usual crap. Holler.

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 04:52:20 AM »

My name is, well, Dave. I'm 20 and I live in Southern California at the moment, but I'll be moving to the east coast with a friend very soon.

I'm mostly into music. I've been living on a gig-to-gig basis (and the occasional photography work here and there) staying at a friend's place. I'm hoping I can find something to do out in New York...sounds cliche, but whatever.

The rest of the time I have is spent at a data center in downtown L.A. doing pro-bono work for family. Whenever something can't get done from home, I'm the one doing the hour-long bus and subway shit.

I play in a rock band. Most recently I performed at a friend's party in Pacific Palisades and got paid $200! That was mainly because his dad was impressed that I could play Classical Gas. :D I usually play harder stuff...covers usually consist of a lot of Zeppelin, Sabbath and Maiden, with some Pink Floyd and Hendrix thrown in. My original stuff usually sounds way too singer-songwritery without a band (re: bass player and drummer) making it cool. :P

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 04:52:43 AM »

CastNuri. It's not my real name or anything but I've been called Nuri for forever. Currently 16 years young, will be turning 17 in June. I'm attending an all-girls High School right now...2006 is my last year.

I live in the capital city of Malaysia, that is Kuala Lumpur. With me are my overly benevolent parents and four siblings who I couldn't love any more than I already do. I'm not inclined to posting my picture right now (in other words, too lazy) although my LJ buddies have seen it before. Curly hair, olive skin and four-eyes. It's not unusual to mistake me for a boy because I tend to dress in oversized clothes; my religion and personal modesty refrain me from revealing attires.

Hobbies are plentiful. I enjoy playing RPGs, reading, writing stories and poetry, surfing the web, swimming, debating, comics/manga, anime and instrumental music. After I graduate I plan to sit for my 'A' Levels before
studying social & political sciences. Or philosophy. Or Journalism. Or-- well, you get the idea. Going to take a while before I'm sure of myself. :P

That's pretty much a bit of me in a nutshell.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 06:41:05 AM »

The name's Mark. I'm a 22 (nearly 23) year old male living in Ontario, Canada. I'm from the Toronto region (though not Toronto itself), and thereby hated through extension by the rest of Canada. I currently attend Sheridan college and am in the last quarter of my second year of four (or would be if not for a teacher's strike right now). My main study is Illustration (Bachelor of Applied Arts), and as it stands, I'm an illustrator, graphic design, and web designer. I hope someday to write my own graphic novels and get mad bling.

I've become a horribly casual gamer in recent years and thus been doing less and less 'face' work on RPGFan like previews and reviews. Most of my contributions are technical or supportive (yay support magic!). The latest thing to catch my attention has been FFXII, which I hereby proclaim as the best Final Fantasy ever. Strangely, I can't quite recall how long I've been at RPGFan, but nearly as long as John. I actually joined about five years ago as a pics editor, but quit that and left the site for a little, only to return when they needed previews staff. It's been going good ever since then.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 08:09:35 AM »

Quote from: "Losfer"

I like poutine.

ah we have everything in common to be GREAT friends!

I just ate poutine two hours ago :D Actually I'm very addicted to poutine... Iím doomed because there's no therapy for it... :P
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 08:23:03 AM »

I'm Trevor (mainly referred to as my SN, 'Rain'). I'm 21 years old (22 at October 17), and living in Winnipeg, Manitoba (a Province in Canada, if you don't know :P).

Various pictures of myself (a couple of years old, but I still look the same anyway, so it doesn't really matter):
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL167/1964118/3795637/49147983.jpg
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL167/1964118/3795637/78524382.jpg
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL167/1964118/3795637/94807214.jpg
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL167/1964118/3795637/94807231.jpg
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL167/1964118/3795637/94807241.jpg

For school life, I go to the University of Manitoba. Taking Digital Design Technology, and hoping to study even further into Graphic Design. As for my current job, I work at the Winnipeg Convention Center, as a server and a bartender. Been working there for the last 3 years, and sorta wanting to find a new job now. :P

Hobbies? I have a ton. From going out and doing casual activities like rollerblading/biking/swimming/snowboarding, to playing competitive activities like basketball/volleyball/billiards. Going to the bar with my buddies qualifies as another hobby, I guess. And of course, just sitting around at home playing videogames, reading manga, and watching anime.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 08:43:56 AM »

My name is William and i'm another Canadian from Nova Scotia...acutally an offshoot of the provine called Cape Breton Island. I'm turning 30 this year but I still get carded at the liquor store because I look really young for my age, guess that's a good thing.

I'm too lazy to find a half-decent pic to link..perhaps another time.  I work a mind numbing maintanance job at a local mall but i'm planning on going back to school in the fall...probably in Montreal. I'm single but hoping to the right woman soon.

As far as hobbies go I'm a videogame addict and have been since the Atari days although I tend to go on hiatus every now and then for a mont or two. I'm a music lover and i'll listen to pretty much anything except country and the garbage on MTV or Muchmusic. My favorite group is probably Iron Maiden . I love to read, I love hockey and my idea of an ideal day is to take a boat and find a lake out in the middle of nowhere and do a bit of fishing. seriously

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 01:15:41 PM »

My real name's Jesse, and I'm an 18 year old (19 in about 9 days) male living in Pennsylvania. I attend college at Ursinus, in Collegeville PA, which is about 45 minutes from my parents' house. Besides school, I work at my parents' restaurant on weekends as a waiter. Hobbies include playing videogames (though less and less recently, I am looking forward to Suikoden V) and hanging out with my friends.

I drive a very shitty car (1990 Jeep Cherokee) which apparently suits me very well. I've been told by various people that I wouldn't be 'me' if I didn't drive a terrible car. I'm currently in the process of trying to get a SCUBA certification as well (I couldn't do it for various reasons last semester, this time I think I'll be able to, though).

I have an unnatural obsession with Laser Eyes. I don't know why..

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/AuroMarshmallow/IMG_0875.jpg

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 01:27:20 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
I like to sleep and shit!  Not at the same time.

So I guess you save that for when I come over right? Sorry Myau!

I am Todd.
I am 24.
I am unemployed. (formerly the store manager of a Seattle-based drug store chain. I was very unhappy there...and did things i am not proud of but look back on and still laugh my ass off at.)
I play too much WoW. (Ask Darkrider, Kiem, or Dagg)
I am trying to find a job, but only trying so hard.
I am living with a really nice girl in Seattle. She and I are in LOVE! ^_^
I am obsessed with TV on demand. Not "On Demand", but watching TV on MY OWN FUCKING TIME. My old Dell computer is now a MythTV box (like Tivo but free. PM me if interested) and I own every episode of every Joss Whedon TV production....yes I am gay for....well his style.
I am obsessed with Podcasts. (This Week in Tech, Diggnation, Digital Life TV, Infected, Ask a Ninja, Tikibar TV)
I have no current picture of myself...i will edit my post when I have the time. Edit: No I wont cause I am too lazy.
I drink a lot of fucking tea. (I have like six canisters of different teas.)
I dont drink soda anymore cause I hate sugar now....
Peter Griffin and Homer Simpson are my two gay fathers.
I used to be an RPG only kinda guy...until Devil May Cry came along and now I play just about everything (yes...even sports games! OMG MADDEN SUXXORZ)
Edit 2: Oh and I've been here for God knows how long. A long time. I've known some of these dickheads for almost TEN FUCKING YEARS.(Of course not on the boards) Yes Dave and Mark, I have been harassing your dicks for almost a decade. HAHA!!!!!!!!!!

kbye.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »

I go by M^2.
I'm 27.
Male.
I program games and hate my job(stagnation HO!!!).
I play too much FFXI.

I enjoy reading scifi and fantasy, also in the progressive political movement.  I love RPGs, computers, comics, books, women, and electronic gadgets.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: