Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 04:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329917 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Odin Sphere out in US May 22nd, Dual language
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Odin Sphere out in US May 22nd, Dual language  (Read 13272 times)
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 01:23:42 AM »

Been hearing that gamecrazy may recieve it later, but places like gamestop and such have already got it. Tough luck to those who shop there. Maybe I was a bit too baised during the review, but it clicked with me very well. even with the repitition and the slowdown, I had a great time with it :)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 10:32:17 AM »

So how's the soundtrack overall?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 01:36:47 PM »

I enjoyed the soundtrack, but its not my favorite amongst Sakimoto's works. I mainly enjoyed his violin pieces during the emotional scenes and the battle songs do make the fights epic. It's not something I would go rush out to buy, but gives a lot of oomph to the game. I am a bigger fan of melody heavy songs though so you might think differently.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 02:50:30 PM »

Well how does it compare to FF12 and Vagrant Story?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »

tough to say. I like both for different reasons. As for Vagrant story, been borrowing that and barely started so no comment on that yet. My favorite of his works is Final Fantasy Tactics. A real classic.

Best to check out videos and make your judgement on the music. There aren't many songs in the game actually.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 05:24:06 PM »

If GameCrazy gets it later, it's not via some silly GameStop exclusive. At least one Fry's is advertizing they'll have it in stock tomorrow for $35. Of course, they could've goofed and didn't realize they'd have to wait longer - they DID have Etrian Odyssey on sale the weekend it wasn't even available.
Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 05:26:05 PM »

Quote from: "TurnBasedDude"
Been hearing that gamecrazy may recieve it later, but places like gamestop and such have already got it. Tough luck to those who shop there.

Yeah, this is what prompted the whole 'delayed' thing. I went to GameCrazy and yesterday and they told me May 29th, but when I went to EBGames today, the chick there told me they sold their only copy yesterday. I just ordered mine off of Amazon with two-day shipping. Should be here by Saturday, hopefully.

Quote from: "Eusis"
We're STILL getting people thinking shipping day = day you can get it? I thought you'd know better than that too. :P

I thought May 22nd was the street date-- some games like Pokemon, Halo, and GTA get shipped to retailers weeks or even months before they're released, and the 'release date' is when they're allowed to finally sell them.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 05:34:24 PM »

That's pretty much never the case with Atlus though. I admit games like that, it is a set street date, but those are humongous - and in cases like Pokemon, set to interfere with stuff like school was little as possible.

... But how the hell did GameStop... Well, some places do get it early, and some get it even later.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 05:51:16 PM »

I don't think there's much confusion anymore, but I can confirm that all Gamestop/EB's got this game today as part of their new release Fed-Ex shipment that comes every Wednesday.  Might not be the first store to get it, but they are consistent with ship dates.  My store only received 4 copies of this game, and 2 were reserved (1 being mine), so this could end up being another rare as hell Atlus game.  I'm gonna try it out now, give some thoughts on it later.

Also, quick question.  Is there a strategy guide release planned for this game?  Gamestop didn't recieve any today, but it's possible it's one of the guides that comes a week late.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »

I'll just get it at Fry's myself. They've /still/ got copies of stuff like DDS2 and Steambot Chronicles, so if they do sell out then... Fuck, they're just going to run another print.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2007, 07:22:05 PM »

Just got it today, myself. Beautiful. Just beautiful. The art, the music, the gameplay, the dialogue; it just really gets your mind off of things.

It's a nice, fast-paced side-scrolling hack n' slasher.

I hope they make an official soundtrack print for this game. Hitoshi Sakimoto for the win.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 07:46:44 PM »

I picked up my copy today but am quite swamped with work at the moment, so I probably won't be playing it until this weekend.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2007, 07:56:15 PM »

I ordered my copy and got an email yesterday that it shipped.  I should get it hopefully soon.  

I splurged a bit on games getting this one, preordering Grim Grimoire, and planning to preorder Soul Nomad once it's in the EB/Gamestop system.  

2D 2D 2D!!!!! And I don't mean the singer for the Gorillaz.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2007, 10:28:49 PM »

I managed to snag the final copy that my local EB had, which made me pretty ecstatic. I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but it's definately on my to-do list once I finish off Final Fantasy III.
I also picked up a new copy of Etrian Odyssey, which I definately didn't think I'd be able to find, so that was a nice treat.

Furthermore, I passed right by the swarms of Dawn of Mana copies. :P
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2007, 11:13:27 PM »

I got a copy today, but I pre-ordered so my procurement was never in doubt.  I just won't be able to play it for a while since I've returned to school.  :(

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: