Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 08:38:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334704 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Well that's surprising..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Well that's surprising..  (Read 1726 times)
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2007, 10:54:25 AM »

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/altana/index.html

Really seemed like ToAU would be the last FFXI expansion. Seemed like it was, well on it's last legs. Though part of that could just be opinion even before I quit the last expansion seemed to just feel like the final with how slowly the plot was being dragged out. I guess while in previous expansions the plot didn't move slow, it did move. ToAU plot just kinda seemed like foreshadowing to real plot, even a year after release.

Anyway, for the teaser video, it's mostly just clips from what's currently in the game. What it does show seems like the past, which I think could be pretty cool if the past is deep enough(That is if they're not 'dungeons' and you get to see the whole world). MMO's just don't evolve what's currently in them do to the nature of things and that could be a big way to get around that if did right.

Still, I think it was really time for a new MMO in the same world.

Edit-Obligatory zomg mithra >^_^<
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 08:15:56 PM »

As far as the past of Vana'Diel goes, it's pretty expansive. Go here if you're interested:

http://www.shadow-ffxi.com/HistoryofVanadiel/

From the looks of it, the point of the expansion is to talk about the stuff during the wars between the three nations. It will probably have some information about the first rise of the Shadow Lord, too.

It might be a good story to tell, but I hope it won't be like Chains of Promathia, which is interesting, but annoying beyond all words to complete. If it comes close to the amount that ToAU added to the game, I'll be happy. It would be interested to learn about the war though, since that can mean better PvP, heh.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 08:27:52 PM »

I dunno, its just a shame that for me at least, FFXI had fairly crap control/UI, crap penalties, and the whole major time sink theme.

The graphics, music, battle system, class system, and story aspect were all pretty great, but those three things above, especially the major time sink factor of it, really ruined my chance of ever really enjoying it.

Im pretty much what you would call a carebear, so I like something a little easier, since I dont play hours and hours a day, at least not usually, and I tend to die alot...since I have bad luck, so the whole delelevling thing made it twice the timesink.

Still, looks interesting.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 05:38:03 AM »

Actually this wasn't a surprise, I can see one more expansion(this one).  They won't be killing FFXI pretty soon, but I'm sure this is the last expansion.  Expect sometime this year SE will show their new FF MMO though.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 07:33:48 AM »

as someone who just recently returned to the game im psyched. and lately ive been seeing many people who quit return to the game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dio

... I'm not Dead.

SummonerDio@msn.com Diobility Diobility
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 04:20:07 PM »

I smell another "Welcome Back..." promotion, coming soon.

Infinite.Bit Radio
Dedicated station to actual video game and anime music from various soundtracks. No radio show podcasts or anything like that... Just pure 100% music. Old, new and remade tracks is what you'll hear from us.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: