Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334465 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Heroes returns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Heroes returns  (Read 6643 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2007, 05:25:22 PM »

Does anyone besides me love this show? I've watched every episode up to this point and it has me totally hooked.

Code:
There's been talk of several characters not returning next season, so with this being the start of the build toward the finale, we should start seeing them drop like flies.

I can't wait to see Peter royally pwn Sylar tonight after he tries to pick his brain. Or at least that's what I think will happen. That should be a fun fight, and probably the first of many.

Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 10:00:26 PM »

I am so glad Heroes is back. The last few episodes have been incredible, as if the show had suddenly spiked in quality. Nathan has remained my favorite character, mainly because he has the most room for internal conflict, especially after the twist in the last episode.

Can't wait for the next one. Monday is so far away. -__-;
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 03:53:24 PM »

Code:
Okay, so Sylar pwned Peter, but at least Claire did what my friend Evan and I kept yelling: TAKE THE GLASS OUT OF HIS HEAD!!

And this whole Five Years Later future-vision episode seems like it will kick ass based on the ad. Hiro vs. Hiro? Looks awesome already.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 04:10:20 PM »

My freaking TiVo always misses the end of Heroes.  I think it runs extra long or something.  Anyways, Hiro (my fav) wasn't really in the episode very much, yet I enjoyed it.  
Code:
I'm goint to miss Isaac.  He was major eye-candy.  

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 05:54:59 PM »

Quote from: "Dave"
Code:
Okay, so Sylar pwned Peter, but at least Claire did what my friend Evan and I kept yelling: TAKE THE GLASS OUT OF HIS HEAD!!

And this whole Five Years Later future-vision episode seems like it will kick ass based on the ad. Hiro vs. Hiro? Looks awesome already.

Yeah...so...about that...
Code:
I think the reason Sylar won was because Peter still doesn't have a firm grasp on his powers, and Sylar used mostly his telekinesis, which he has been using for awhile. Next time they fight I think Peter is gonna have a much better go at it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 07:13:04 PM »

Err...
Code:
Why didn't Mohinder take out Sylar when he knocked him unconscious again? Come on, which would you do: save Emo-Kid or kill Evil-Brows? It just gives me another reason to dislike Mohinder even more than I do. Idiot!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 10:08:44 PM »

Code:
Yeah, he could have killed him.  I assume he wanted to study him later.  Really, Peter was already dead so it's not like Mohinder was trying to save him.  

Currently Reading: 

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 12:25:29 PM »

Code:
Nah...if I was in Mohendar's shoes I would have done the same thing.  Mohendar was hurt real bad, and he didn't know how hurt Sylar was.  So were it me, I'd have been out of there as soon as I saw Sylar down, especially if Peter was already dead.  
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 10:27:30 AM »

Quote from: "Dave"
Code:

Code:
Exactly. I don't see any realistic excuse for the glass to have remained embedded in his skull for that freaking long. I guess they had to get Claire in there so that he could use her power, since he couldn't really use his memories, being comatose.
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 11:16:09 AM »

Code:
I thought the reason it took them so long was because the glass was imbedded inside his skull and hard to see. And obviously nobody knew it was there.

Early in the season it was shown that Claire can't regenerate when something is lodged inside her skull. And Peter can use all of the powers he once borrowed, so he could already regenerate, but that nasty piece of glass prevented it until it was removed.

The thing that intriges me more about the show is that there was a whole generation of heroes before and something went wrong. ( Hiro's father, Petrelli's parents, Linderman and all the other older guys seems to be connected.) I hope they show more about their past.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »

OMG!  This is the best show ever!  Peter is actually really hot with the scar.  

Code:
So many people died.  So many people switched sides.  Oh my.  I love seeing this version of the future.  So in this version of the future, it is Peter that explodes.  But who is going to explode now since Claire is saved?  Sylar right?  Saving Claire made Peter focus on controlling his powers I'm guessing.  I'm slightly confused.    

Currently Reading: 

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 01:46:50 AM »

Code:
No, Peter explodes regardless. Claire's power means he can regenerate even from having EXPLODED. Sylar doesn't blow up, and is supposed to die when stabbed with Hiro's sword. The logic was that five years later, Claire was dead having been taken by Sylar, and he survives the stabbing. I'm very confused at this point, but I loved the episode. Watching Nathan become Sylar was awesome.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 02:09:39 PM »

I'm catching up on this show via Bit Torrent...really digging it.

Trying my best to avoid spoilers.

Started watching yesterday - on episode 16 now. Cool show.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 06:04:39 PM »

Oh shitballs that episode was great.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 06:35:12 AM »

Code:
So, with Sylar having brainified Ted Sprague and now able to go nuclear, it's time for the hype! What do you guys think will happen?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: