Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 04:48:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319230 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Heroes returns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Heroes returns  (Read 6437 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 10:18:11 AM »

Code:
I think Sylar and Peter are going to have a nuclear fight. Peter will win because of the ability he got from Claire. Not just that but Hiro will help Peter by sticking his sword through Sylar in the middle of the fight while Sylar is focused on Peter. Then the easter bunny will lay eggs in their mouths.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 04:04:22 PM »

SciFi marathon FTW.

[/url]
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 04:37:08 PM »

Right on, brotha!

My DVR got cleared out last night as soon as I got home from work....currently recording all 21 hours.

/geek

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 09:59:01 PM »

I know a lot of you haven't seen it yet so all I will say is...Holy fuck.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 10:08:15 PM »

I'm disappointed in the ending. NBC needs a bigger budget so we won't see Peter doing the same punch four times.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 10:10:51 PM »

I didn't like the season finale. I mean, it ended the season, but a lot of questions wasn't answered and some new questions were added to the plot. And the acting/writing was crap. Maybe I just have higher standards for a series finale. Overall a disappointment. That's my take.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 10:46:18 PM »

Quote from: "Sazabirules"
I'm disappointed in the ending. NBC needs a bigger budget so we won't see Peter doing the same punch four times.

Kinda how the "action scene" at the end of the Five Years Later episode was?

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 12:32:27 AM »

Eh, I missed it :(

[/url]
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 02:14:41 AM »

Okay....so I watched it and rewatched it....and I have to say that was pretty damned good. Gotta agree with ya, superflat, it left more open of an ending than I had liked, BUT....Lost did the same thing x1000 it's first season.

It ended the season, but left a nice couple cliff hangers and hinted at some new stories coming.

At the end of the day, I'd have to say it ended the season like a normal comic book story arc....finished it up, but definitely changed a lot of things.

Code:
Is Parkman gonna live? Is Peter comin back? Nathan obviously is probably dead. Are Nikki and Jessie merged? Or....did Nikki just find the inner strength needed to save her family quiet Jessie? Sylar's still alive. Hiro is in fucking 17th Century Japan, Ando is left playing Peter Gibbons in a cubicle. And...who's the scary person that Molly doesnt want to look for that's WORSE than Sylar?

And...Noah? hmmm....I'm glad they finally gave him an actual name.

Discuss.

I think we should start a new "Spoiler-Free" Heroes thread.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 07:20:33 AM »

Excellent Finale, anyone who says otherwise is to damn picky, and can go get raped by an elephant.

I agree with a spoiler thread, but until theeeeen.

Code:
Was it just me, or did it look like Hiro's father under Kensei's mask.  I personally thought in the previous episode he was going to say he WAS Kensei to Hiro, but he didn't, so *shrug*.  How exactly did Sylar seem to survive?  The symbolism is both in that episode, and in another previous one where he supposedly died or whatever, cant remember the episode though (The cockroach being the symbolism fyi).  And the question is, did Sylar pull himself down into the sewers, or did someone else?  

Pretty sure Peter is going to come back because I don't think he can be hurt by his own powers, the same way Ted wasn't hurt when he activated his nuclear power.  Any damage done otherwise would be healed as soon as the blast went off, since Peter can only seem to use one power at a time, and once he releases the nuclear energy, that would mean that he could click on super heal.

I'm pretty sure Nathan is dead, though there is a SLIM, SLIM chance that he somehow survived due to either another power he didn't know he had, or via Peter.  Still, its a very very low chance.  Unless they retconn him halfway through season 2 :P

Yeah, im not so sure about Nik and Jess.  It almost seems like Jess was finally like "Ok, im sick of all this fighting to share our body shit, so im just gonna help you out via our mirror conversations, and you go and kick ass." Which she did obviously, still, they really did not give any for sure thing, since obviously Jess is still there.

Parkman...I dunno, that was quite the...hit he had, but it seemed as though he wasn't dead yet, and my guess is that if he was gonna die, he would have.  Now, he may be in some sort of coma, or whatnot, but I personally think theres a good chance he will live, plus erm, why the hell didnt he wear a vest.."Im a cop!" yeah...a dumb one...dummy.

Eh, Ando isn't a superhero, he is just Hiro's friend (Or gay buddy as my one friend likes to call him).  It makes sense that he was left behind, though I hate how he always looks suprised when Hiro ports away, because its like.  THE FUCK DUDE, YOUVE SEEN HIM DO IT PLENTY OF TIMES, AND HAVE DONE IT WITH HIM!  Maybe its a Japanese thing.

Noah, I think this is another of the pretty decent symbolism thats going on here.  Ill let you picture out exactly what it means, but yeah.

I think thats all I have to say for now

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Nutbar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 09:07:11 AM »

I personally thought the finale was great, and I am happy with alot of the loss ends:

Code:
If you start a new season with every character in a comfortable, familiar position it takes too long to get running again. But with the question of Peter and Nathan (real tearjerker for me), Parkman surviving, Hiro being in 17th century Japan (with Kensei looking suspiciously like his father) and Molly raising the idea of there being someone MUCH WORSE than Syler I think there is enough suspense to make me want to watch the second 'volume' as soon as possible.

Given who is known of in the story so far, who do you all think could be the person 'much worse' than Syler? My personal guess would Angela Petrelli, but I can't quite explain why I get that feeling.    
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 03:07:02 AM »

Just watched the finale online.

Code:
Where Sylar's body was originally laying, was that the silhouette (in blood) of a jackal or a wolf I saw? Where did that come from?

[/url]
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2007, 11:25:53 AM »

Quote from: "Nutbar"
Code:
Given who is known of in the story so far, who do you all think could be the person 'much worse' than Syler? My personal guess would Angela Petrelli, but I can't quite explain why I get that feeling.    

Code:
My personal thought is that she was talking about the Haitian. We haven't seen the bastard for a while, and you really don't know what side he's on, plus the exact boundaries of his powers were never fully discussed.

As for my thoughts on the finale, I'm really glad it seems like DL is going to live, as I thought they were going to kill him off. I really, really thought if anyone was gonna get killed from the main cast, it would be him, but right now it looks more like Nathan and/ or Parkman are the ones who might be gone. Oddly enough, I like both of those characters, but it's not too much of a loss for me.

Fuck, I'm also glad they let Bennett live, as he's easily in the top 3 as far as favorite characters go. People without power need love too. :P
[/code]

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 03:01:32 AM »

They gathered everyone together.....to have them get shot and watch Peter fight?

Fucking lamest ending I've seen in a while - especially compared to Lost.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 12:50:21 PM »

I just watched the season over the last week and I really loved it. I'm kinda wary of a second season though. Obviously there's room for more plot in the grand scheme of things, but what about characterwise? The characters story's were the best part of the show, but

Code:
Despite about half the cast being shot or exploding(And you know they'll all be fine, except maybe Nathan) it seems like their stories were pretty much told for the most part. Hiro found some strength, Nathan put what was right first, DL and Niki saved Micah(And Niki's personality stabalized. Or if Jessica actually IS Jessica she stepped down for her sister), Bennet and Clair reunite. Granted not much going on with Parkman(Once he's out of the hospital) and Mohinder, but while I liked them both Parkman just seemed along for the ride and Mohinder's role really felt dimenished after his big confrontation with Sylar.

So what do you do with the characters when they've all found themselves and reunited with their families? I hope they had a bigger plan for the characters from the start, because if they just plan on making another season from scratch I don't think it'll be able to live up to the first.

Code:
[quote](with Kensei looking suspiciously like his father)[/quote]

Code:
I don't think it's actually his father, I think they were just going for Kensei being his ancestor. Other than that I wouldn't look too much into the scene as anything but some comic relief to end the season off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: