Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 06:13:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337741 Posts in 13830 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Turning Point: Fall of Liberty  (Read 938 times)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2007, 07:08:24 PM »

1UP preview article

It sounds and looks intriguing, but being that Codemasters is developing it, I'm worried that it'll just be average. Regardless, I'm glad that it's not just another World War 2 FPS, telling the same old historical events, despite the repetition still being here with this game.

For those that don't know about this game, it's an alternate timeline FPS game about the Nazis invading a 1950s United States. You play as a construction worker trying to stay alive, while an invasion is taking place in New York City. It's going to be a crossplatform release for the PC, xbox360, and PS3. Even though it would more than likely play best on the PC, I'd probably buy it for the xbox360, once I get around to buying one.

Thoughts?
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 09:04:25 PM »

Looks somewhat interesting.  Nice that this time around its the Nazi alternate future and not some Russian one as is the usual for alternate time line WWII games.  Although construction worker seems a little cliche...but sounds like it'll work out good.

And hopefully, you will get to play not only in some of the major cities, but maybe some more rural areas as well, or hell, even join some Canadians in battle along the USA/Canadian border.  Lawl.

My only hope for this, and any other FPS, is that they start working on the length (Adding an hour or two even would be nice and..)  tying into that, making a little leaner and meatier storylines, that incorporate the longer playtime.  

I want to see more surviving characters, I dont wanna feel like some one man army 100% of the time, I wanna feel like, at least in this instance, just another guy.  Because I find myself in some games wishing I could interact more with other characters, and I like that games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. blend a little of that RPGness into the game.

Granted I realized I got off track here, but bleh, I do that :P

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 10:45:32 PM »

Oh, I agree with you. In the current nextgen consoles, I hope to see more FPS games that add a heightened sense of realism, in a social perspective. That is to say, for instance, in a war FPS game, where your country is being invaded, and you're a normal citizen, you're trying to stay alive. However, helping those around you, and showing compassion for your fellow citizens.

This sort of relates, but David Jaffe (maker of God of War) was planning to create a FPS game for the PSP called Heartland. He cancelled it because it would have devoted much of his time, like God of War did, and settled for making small downloadable games like Calling All Cars. Sony was hinting that they would rather not have the words China and United States used in the actual game, but that was Jaffe's full intention, and as he says, it was a political message to Bush. He also wanted to display how a Chinese invasion of the US affected Chinese Americans. So, anyway, I hope that game is made one day. For the PSP or PS3, it doesn't matter.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: