Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 13, 2016, 06:48:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
377430 Posts in 15104 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Malekoth
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Song of the Moment: The Original RPGFan Post Count +1 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] Print
Author Topic: Song of the Moment: The Original RPGFan Post Count +1 Megathread  (Read 480352 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2160 on: December 07, 2015, 12:56:29 AM »

Iron Maiden - Aces High

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2161 on: December 11, 2015, 09:21:30 PM »

Fields of the Nephilim - The Watchman

Sometimes the old school goth in me rears its blackened head.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2162 on: December 17, 2015, 10:11:34 PM »

Absolutely nothing because I'm looking over a bunch of year-end best lists and OH MY GOD SO MUCH STUFF CAME OUT THIS YEAR. Totally paralyzed by indecision.

(Okay, new Bowie songs are really appealing to my tastes right now. Also D'Angelo - How Does It Feel?).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:19:06 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

ironmage
chaotic neutral observer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2163 on: December 17, 2015, 11:20:43 PM »

On the radio the other day, I heard Transform, by Søren Nissen.  Nice jazz piece, kinda like what I might expect if Yoko Kanno wrote a track for a Persona game.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:22:20 PM by ironmage » Logged
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2164 on: December 19, 2015, 06:51:33 PM »

Lately, I've been turning people onto the band Eluveitie using the following 2 songs:

"Inis Mona" from the 2008 album Slania: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klZ0JBRHXiI

"The Call of the Mountain" from the 2014 album Origins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eew1P51zceE

Go figure, a couple of the people I've turned onto Eluveitie are flute players who had never seen/heard flute in a metal context and I think it opened their musical eyes/ears a bit. 

Games I've given Editor's Choice to:
Ever 17, Hourglass of Summer, Anachronox, Persona PSP, Radiant Historia, To The Moon, Revolution 60
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2165 on: December 20, 2015, 10:42:30 PM »

The bit going on around 2:33 in Inis Mona reminds me of some megaman song that I can't place now >:TTT

Anyway, Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2166 on: December 21, 2015, 11:30:12 AM »

You're right! That riff there totally has a Mega Man vibe.

Ever 17, Hourglass of Summer, Anachronox, Persona PSP, Radiant Historia, To The Moon, Revolution 60
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2167 on: December 22, 2015, 09:22:55 PM »

Type O Negative - Red Water (Christmas Mourning)

The only Christmas carol I need. :P

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2168 on: December 26, 2015, 12:34:32 AM »

Oh it was the short bit between the first main bit and the second main bit of the megaman 3 title music

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

...AND STEVEN.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2169 on: February 03, 2016, 08:56:48 PM »

I'm sure I've annoyed someone at work singing this song...

OH BABY YOOoOoOoOuu....GOT WHAT I NEeeeEEEED.
https://youtu.be/9aofoBrFNdg?t=93

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2170 on: February 07, 2016, 01:32:32 AM »

"Over my Head" - The Fray

This was one of those cases where I couldn't really get into the song simply because I wasn't catching or was mishearing or interpretting the lyrics. And yet in this case, it didn't really change my perspective of the song that much. It's pretty easy to tell it's about a guy in a bad relation that's about to bust, even when I wasn't catching it all. The only thing that changed was that I could accept that was a very good song about a guy in a bad relation that's about to bust. And I'm not just saying that because it's from a band that I seems to automatically put me in a melancholy mood 5 seconds into any one of their songs. Usually that's because I have some personally connection to the song (which sometimes doesn't even have to be related to song itself in anyway).

In this case, I feel like I kind of understand what the singer is going on about just from the lyrics. Which I always find impressive, at least for pop songs (or, well, songs that I hear on public radio, which I always assume are as pop as pop can get) since they almost universally sing about these interpersonal relationship stuff that I struggle to comprehend even on the most basic levels. I don't have any sort of personal references for these things, and in this case, it sounds even more personal than usual, and yet it still makes me feel things on a level that resembles understanding. I don't seem to encounter that often.............although, admittedly, I don't usually look for it, either.

So Bravo, "Over My Head", and of course, The Fray, you have earned my respect.

And now I am not going to listen to you for a while. Because you make me sad, and I have a ton of other things in my life that do that already, many of which are far more potent, so I don't more sadness right now.

Iron Maiden - Aces High

Note to self - I need Iron Maiden songs for my iPod (I only ever got one album from them for some reason). Aces High is probably a good start.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2171 on: February 07, 2016, 08:04:46 AM »

Oh it was the short bit between the first main bit and the second main bit of the megaman 3 title music

I see it!  Very similar to that riff in question in Inis Mona. 

SOTM is "First Strike is Deadly" by Testament, but not the original version from The Legacy.  I'm talking the 2001 re-recording from the album First Strike Stille Deadly.  I absolutely LOVE the guitar tone at 2:59 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig14jYmk5v4

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2172 on: February 07, 2016, 10:21:37 AM »

@Mickey:

... Oh god that song was really popular when I was in highschool. SUDDEN CHILLS AT THE REALIZATION OF THE PASSING OF TIME anyway

Been on a huge Sufjan Stevens kick. Songs of the moment are For the Widows in Paradise..., Drawn to the Blood, and Djohariah. For the Widows in Paradise in particular is giving me /strange and complicated feelings/.

It's funny cause I picked up a copy of Michigain from a HPB back in 2012 and never really got around to listening to it properly until like, idk, November of this year? And I've come to hold the album in very high regards since then?

-- edit --

goddammit Seven Swans is out of print and expensive, curse my physical copy fetishism.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:12:11 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2173 on: February 07, 2016, 12:26:54 PM »

@Mickey:

... Oh god that song was really popular when I was in highschool. SUDDEN CHILLS AT THE REALIZATION OF THE PASSING OF TIME anyway

Sadly, I know this feeling too well...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: