Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 06:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338330 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Incredible musical performances (courtesy of YouTube)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Incredible musical performances (courtesy of YouTube)  (Read 1619 times)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« on: March 21, 2006, 09:26:30 PM »

I know many of you/us have been sharing funny stuff we've seen on YouTube.  'Tis a very addicting site.  I had been wanting to see various music videos I hadn't seen in a while and have.  

Anyway, here are some amazing music stuffs I want to share.

The first is a drum solo by Tony Royster Jr. when he was 12.  He's 20 now, but hot damn he smoked the drums at 12.  He has such amazing technique, finesse, and an ear for space.  I love what he does with all the effect cymbals.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=WPncumXZExo

The second is of a random dude named Stefano playing Jamiroquai's "Return of the Space Cowboy" on bass.  This guy is really good.  His left hand technique is so smooth and his touch is so finessed.  I love it.  His tone is incredible.  Who knew you could get that sexy fretless "mwah" sound from a fretted bass.  The guy has this song DOWN, but I still wonder how he'd be at improv and all that.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=VS0VUtxDO-k

And this one is a classic for chops-meisters.  It's of Victor Wooten and his brother Regi doing a slap battle.  Victor on bass (duh) and Regi on guitar.  Regi is one incredible guitarist.  Few can play like he can.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=8vdJvHE8qxA

View, comment, discuss.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 09:43:05 PM »

So are we supposed to post amazing videos of people playing instruments or can we link any thing like a band performing a song?
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:49:05 PM »

Main reason I shared the videos was because we have such an avid musical community within RPGfan, I wanted others to see these vids.  They were shared with me by other musician friends so I shared them here.  For example, my housemate showed me the Tony Royster Jr. clip and I was so blown away by the kid's drumming that I wanted to share it with other musicians to check out.  

In a nutshell, it was a few "damn, you gotta see this!" moments.  

What did folks think of the performances?  Likes?  Dislikes?

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 03:18:53 PM »

Wow. That drummer is so amazing. I gotta check out this site.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: