Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 09:30:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319801 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  An Issue with Soundtrack Reviews
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An Issue with Soundtrack Reviews  (Read 2583 times)
klyngster

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2007, 05:31:51 AM »

I have been unhappy with your soundtrack review content lately.  Your reviewers have been recently reviewing soundtracks 7 to 8 years old, most of which are no longer for sale, and are not reviewing soundtracks which are 7 to 8 months old which are for sale.  This makes your content either worthless or non-existant.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 06:15:02 AM »

On the contrary, those CDs are going for nearly or over a hundred. I'd say that requires being more informed about your buying decision than some new OST/CD that's $30 and you have a good opinion of thanks to playing the game!
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 01:26:28 PM »

We do cover new soundtracks here and there (and some upcoming). Some dig the retro and niche stuff so we like to do that too. There is some nice discoveries with these oldies. Maybe you shed no interest, but there is bound to be those that like and collect these old, obscure albums.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 03:24:26 PM »

Right Here.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 02:08:00 AM »

Quote from: "klyngster"
I have been unhappy with your soundtrack review content lately.  Your reviewers have been recently reviewing soundtracks 7 to 8 years old, most of which are no longer for sale, and are not reviewing soundtracks which are 7 to 8 months old which are for sale.  This makes your content either worthless or non-existant.

There has been an overwhelming number of soundtracks for RPGs printed in the last six months. It's been difficult to keep up with them, honestly. However, we do try our best, and I could easily list for you some of the recent releases we've reviewed.

It is my decision as the soundtracks editor how and when reviews are posted. Lately I've been posting in thematic spurts, so some of the recent posts have been ... umm ... "nostalgic."

If you have a problem with it, I have a few suggestions:

1) spend your hard-earned money on a new album that no one knows the quality of ahead of time, and then submit a review.

2) go somewhere else...if there is a "somewhere else" to go.

The RPGFan Soundtracks section features an absurd amount of content proportional to what it is our site strives to do. I cannot fathom why you would make the complaint you did, but if you'd like to list some *specific* albums you'd like to see reviewed, I'll see what I can do to get on it. Some big ones for the near future include the FFXI box and the KH box.

Ramza

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: