Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 12:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341222 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  PK is murder!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PK is murder!!!  (Read 1704 times)
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 28, 2006, 03:07:16 PM »

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.04/law.html

Other governments are taking an interest in MMORPGs as well. Players in South Korea have been prosecuted for stealing virtual property. More than half of the 40,000 computer crimes investigated by South Korea's National Police Agency in 2003 involved online games.

Seriously, WTF

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:05:30 PM »

I don't get it. Did they kill their characters and delete them, or just sit in Ironforge with DoT until they died and broadcast in a channel "WE ARE THE WARRIORS OF JUSTICE WATCH US DIE OH SHIT WE'RE NOT SPECIAL".

This is... I don't even know.
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 04:29:44 PM »

yeah that was just a little confusing as to what actualy happened, especialy the part that read "The players' digital representations martyred themselves; their fleshy masters kept breathing. These were virtual suicides in response to a crackdown in a virtual universe."

When I play games, the whole idea of me escaping to that world is to evade reality and just let myself go and have fun - I couldnt even imagine wanting to play if I can get arrested for having a murder charge brought on me for killing players in a pvp realm or having "a potion merchant suing for in-game slander". What fun will a game be if big brother is watching me?
Scree

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 04:44:09 PM »

I heard about people being beaten or stabbed even killed in soth korea for PK'ing and stealing items while playing Lineage. Some hardcore gamers right thur.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: