Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334651 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Magna Carta 2 thoughts?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Magna Carta 2 thoughts?  (Read 1363 times)
Gourry25

Gourrygab21
View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2007, 05:10:10 PM »

I was looking at the release date section and I saw Magna Carta 2 being released for the 360, this kind of bums me out since I do not have a 360 and not sure if i should get one and I really enjoyed the first game. Any thoughts on if this title could be dual console at some point or if it would be worth it?
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 07:49:27 PM »

If it's 50 times better than the first one, I'd buy it.

What did you like so much about the first game?

"Oh, a hunter..."
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:59:36 PM »

Wouldn't this technically be the third game? The first Magna Carta never got a release outside of Korea though.

I hated Tears of Blood, so I'll more than likely give this a miss.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
concrete donkey

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 04:49:11 AM »

im with you mate, i loved the first magna carta. i loved the characters (not the voice acting), i loved the setting, i love the fact that i got 84 hours out of the game to beat it.. i just really liked it. the combat took a bit to get used to, but once that was under control, i really fell for it. especially at the end when you can read your opponents moves!
Add to this a fantastic sound track and you've got an awesome rpg.

i hope the sequal will bring most of the cast back from the original. i would like to be able to go back and revisit areas whenever i want. magna carta was a bit restrictive, if you didnt have enough money, you couldnt get certain scrolls then and there and sometimes by the time you got a chance to go back, they were gone.

im sure it will get a ps3 release too. i hope it does because my 360 just died via the three lights of death!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 05:56:12 AM »

Quote from: "AJR"
Wouldn't this technically be the third game? The first Magna Carta never got a release outside of Korea though.

I hated Tears of Blood, so I'll more than likely give this a miss.

Yeah, the first game was "Magna Carta: Phantom of Avalanche." The second was Tears of Blood (in Korea/Japan, "Crimson Stigmata"). So the next Magna Carta is technically the third game. I don't know how they'll be naming it in Korea or JP though...that remains to be seen.

I never played any games in the series, but I have a strong interest in the Korean gaming market, so I hope the next one is successful.

Ramza

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: