Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 08:07:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334522 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Hey look, Parasite Eve 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hey look, Parasite Eve 3  (Read 1839 times)
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2007, 01:28:36 PM »

For cell phones!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155390

Tria
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 01:57:01 PM »

Oh yay, I'm overjoyed with this one.  Really.  Especially since it won't even be released outside of the US. xP

Currently Playing (Console) - Star Ocean: The Second Story, Rogue Galaxy, Oblivion (PS3), Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (PS3)

Currently Playing (Handheld) - Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man ZX

Currenty Playing (PC) - Nothing...Ever
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 02:45:21 PM »

As someone who adores the hell out of the Parasite Eve games (yes, both of them), this news makes me want to poison Japan's entire sake supply.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 02:51:22 PM »

Port it to a console or a regular handheld then I will be more interested. I liked the first Parasite Eve a lot, but was not as fond with #2.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 03:18:23 PM »

Aw man! I was so excited when I saw PE3, then I saw 'for cell phones'. I was crushed.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 03:20:21 PM »

I just wanted to say:

This is awesome.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 03:56:10 PM »

Yeah, man....that was mean:(

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 04:05:55 PM »

My only hope is that they decide to port it and spruce it up for the DS. Seriously, didn't the games do well over here? What in the hell are they thinking? That anything that isn't FF/DQ or hasn't had several installments/side games already isn't worthy of a console or even handheld budget? Then again, cellphones are getting idiotically powerful over there.

Edit: I'd also like to see some ports and remakes, or preferably for it to pop up on the PSN; I never played the original two. Of course, SE would apparently rather make a shitty inaccurate port with a bunch of stupid crap added for $30 or $40 than just let me buy and download the original damn thing.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 07:50:28 PM »

Eusis: May be this new game is just a test to gauge public interest in the series. Keep in mind that it has been 7.5 years, since they released Parasite Eve 2 in Japan. Creating a Parasite Eve 3 for PlayStation 3 and/or 360 would cost insane amounts of money and nobody knows how well the game would sell. After all, the first game was made in Hawaii under rather special cirumstances, but despite director Takashi Tokita complaining about that development environment back then, the game sold close to two millions units, despite not being released in Europe. The second one was developed by the fifth production team in Osaka, and clearly did not live up to expectations, as it sold only 1.1 millions copies worldwide, despite being available in Europe as well.
Making a third game for mobile phones is rather cost effective and you still can make a decent amount of money with it in Japan. If the game does well, then they can always make a new one for consoles.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 08:07:37 PM »

Hell, I was thinking of just making it for Handhelds period. Mobile release = more or less trapped in Japan, DS/PSP release = audience around the world. In fact, I'm hoping it gets ported to one of those two systems so, if nothing else, I can get the third at least.
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 10:16:58 PM »

Quote from: "Professor Gast"
Eusis: May be this new game is just a test to gauge public interest in the series. Keep in mind that it has been 7.5 years, since they released Parasite Eve 2 in Japan. Creating a Parasite Eve 3 for PlayStation 3 and/or 360 would cost insane amounts of money and nobody knows how well the game would sell. After all, the first game was made in Hawaii under rather special cirumstances, but despite director Takashi Tokita complaining about that development environment back then, the game sold close to two millions units, despite not being released in Europe. The second one was developed by the fifth production team in Osaka, and clearly did not live up to expectations, as it sold only 1.1 millions copies worldwide, despite being available in Europe as well.
Making a third game for mobile phones is rather cost effective and you still can make a decent amount of money with it in Japan. If the game does well, then they can always make a new one for consoles.

yeah, but The Last Remnant is a total unknown. As much as I'd like this to be true, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 10:20:09 PM »

^ I'm with Eusis on this. The development would have taken longer, but having Parasite Eve 3 on the DS could have been a worldwide release, making the chances of success more likely. It is kind of lousy that they would release an official game in a series that is appreciated around the world, to one region only. Ah well.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 12:35:18 AM »

I'm surprised it's at least not for a handheld. This just sucks donkey balls.

I loved PE 2's exploding babies.....I want more!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 05:07:11 PM »

Whoa there, Aya. Don't go blowing your off just yet...

ADMIN EDIT:  Look, it's simple:  if you want to show an image, put it on your own webspace and THEN link it.  Or better yet, just link it to begin with instead of leeching another website's bandwidth.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 05:29:59 PM »

I must have that poster! It's beautiful.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: